The Taste of Proudness

Little Honeydrops

October 20, 2017


Hyo Joo stepped into the room, as Jong Suk was lying in his bed already. She was looking at him. For a second she stayed at her spot at the doorframe. She leaned against it as she watched his focused face. He was still answering someone on his iPhone. Probably it was about the opening this evening. She had made it. Very late, but still. She was there. For only a few moments and to spend just one night with him, before she would have to leave again for work.

She was completely lost in her own thoughts as she spread the hand cream in her hands and all over it. She wore a light silky dress, and thought about him for an eternity. She was so proud. He did what he loved to do, and he did it amazingly, finally. In the last year she had watched him becoming the man he was. Independent and strong. She smiled at the thought of how ridiculous she must look.

In this moment he looked up and stared at her grinningly. “Are you ok?” he was looking down on her body and grinned more. Biting his lips, he added “It’s getting cold here” he said and pointed at his side. She smiled and moved over till she slipped finally into the warm covers.

His arms wrapped around her, as he had put the phone onto the nightstand. His arms were warm and comforting. Rarely she felt him so close around her, and she had missed him so much that now she had to hold her tears back. How had she ever managed to leave the set back then without him?

Well, she admitted, he was there every day anew. But now, as they were an actual couple they saw each other not often. Every single moment was a gift. Every kiss a treasure they didn’t want to miss.

His hair was longer again. She loved it when it seemed lighter than it actually was, because of that. She wanted to let her fingers run through it. But at the same time, she was so tired, she could hardly keep her eyes open.

He wore a long sleeved white shirt, and she could feel his chest strongly like a haven. And there was actually a tear running down her face. How ridiculous she was indeed!

He didn’t see it, as she was pressed so close to him, she could barely breathe.

“Are we gonna make this?” “What…?”  she asked, and he exhaled.

“Are you gonna stay with me?” he said, and she was raising her eyebrows. “How could I not?” Hyo Joo said a bit startled.

“Well, I do not really show a lot of boyfriend qua -“. At this moment she pulled his face down and kissed him. His lips were warm and still tasting sweet from all the beverage they had had on this evening. Her lips parted slowly in expectation, and his tongue slipped in, which she let happen willingly. His hands made their way down her dress and pulled it up slowly. There he stopped.

“You wear -“

“No” she answered and smiled. And then she rolled over him. Placed herself on his lap and kissed him with every passion she had gathered during the last days.

She wanted him. Everywhere. Now. The man he had become right in front of her.

The man who had carried her as Yeon Joo over and over again. The man who had made her feel selfaware, just because he looked at her with lava in his eyes. The man who had kissed her onto her shoulders for no obvious reason. She wanted the man she had loved even back then. And she wanted him now.

Forgotten was her tiredness. She needed him. Now.