Night Talk

Little Honeydrops

October, 9, 2017


Hyo Joo turned around in her bed. She felt the warmth of his body, lying next to her. She had missed him so much. After his trip she knew he would come, but he was actually more often here, than before. She had hoped that he would miss her the same way.

She heard his steady breathing. He was breathing loudly in the night, and she loved it. He was sometimes so much more like a little boy, than a man. Then again, he was so strong that she had to gulp. Right now, she could imagine him so well as the little boy he had been. And she smiled at that thought.

She was only wearing an old white t-shirt of his, as they were going to sleep this night. She had still a slight cold and he was making sure she was safe all the time. He made her tea, that was way too strong, and was even ordering her every kind of food she wanted. He had missed her, indeed, she thought.

“Are you seriously awake?” he murmured and she was hiding under the blanket. She could hear him smile. “No” she answered and put the blanket away again. His arm stretched out and pulled her close, so that her leg was between his and her head was against his chest.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked and his thumb was brushing over her back. “More than a few things…”

“Hm.” He said and kissed her neck. “More than a few things?”

“When did you fall in love during filming?” “In love?” he asked. “When did I ever say I fell in love?” She hit him hard into the chest and he was making a wounded soldier noise.

“That wasn’t during filming.” He said then after a short break and she looked up into his face. “Looking back, facing how nervous I was, I guess I fell for you before you came into this room”

She boxed him again and he said “Hey, if I cannot say anything right…” She was though blushing in the dark and had to get her thoughts together. “When do we tell them…” She said and exhaled.

“Whenever we are ready… Or never.” He whispered, knowing this was a sensitive topic. She was scared. Scared about the people, scared of being in the open again. Judged again. She was scared, of planting this small flower outside. She was scared he would still go, if he would hear about things.

She didn’t know at that point how aware he was about things. He was empathic. He was caring, and he was in love. He could imagine her fears. Especially after the public discussion about her brother. She was just a shy lamb, always forced to be in public. And he wanted to protect her.

“You don’t have to think about it, Noona. Let’s keep it between you and me. I want to have you still a bit for myself” he whispered after a longer break and looked down to her. His lips were now soft, as they brushed over her lips. He kissed her slowly, and sweet. Her heart was pounding by just that.

“But don’t be afraid”, he added afterwards, and wrapped his arms around her. She was breathing in his scent.

She was still afraid. A little bit. But what could really happen if he was there? If his arms were just so warm around her, as right now? If he shared every laughter with her, and every sorrow? If he made her lighter and she made him steady?

Maybe this would just work out, if they would just stay together.