Birthday Surprises (Part I)

Little Honeydrops

September, 14, 2017


Lee Jong Suk looked at his phone. He was sitting in the restaurant, everything was prepared, his friends still working on the table. He had placed himself close to the door, sitting on his leg, tapping onto his foot nervously.

On my way.

He read on his phone and it made him smile. He brushed over his face, trying to wipe the smile of it, but wasn't successful. He hadn’t seen her in forever. She was missed. So missed, that- 

If he thought farther, he wouldn't be able to stop, he told himself.

Since one year it was just like that. They were together, and still he wasn't sure what this all meant. She was so perfect. She made him smile whenever she was present, every message felt like a lightning shooting right through his body, he knew he would get lost in her smell, if he just thought about it one second too long.

They didn't see eachother often. He knew it, they both did. And yet, in moments like this he knew how happy he would be to wake up every morning next to her. How it would be to just be... married. To see her face everyday and to simply live it all out, at least.

It was complicated. But not tonight.

All day long he was so nervous. Would he still meet her somewhere? How would they act if it was like that? Would she have to congratulate him in front of everyone? What would he be like, after all this time, in front of people? He wouldn't manage, he knew. So he was glad, glad that it was over. Glad he was expecting her now, instead.

He stared down again, unlocked his phone again. On my way.

He had asked her to not write him today, till when he was supposed to come to the door. He knew he would have not managed any event with the knowledge, the always present pain of her not be next to him. 

Not tonight. This was their night. They had this evening, with friends. And they had all night... alone. 

He smiled again and lay his head into the neck, as he heard a knocking.

He bit his lips, got up and opened the door. She looked stunning. Her dark her openly over her shoulders, a white thin longsleeved shirt, topped by the light blue wide skirt, underling her shape, sitting perfectly on her waist. Her cheeks slightly red, her face pale. A strange sensation urged him to ask her to turn around before him - he didnt do it.

Instead he pulled her close in a sudden movement, startling her. She relaxed against his body. He let his hands run over her back. He didn't say anything, and just felt her, a little cool from the air outside. "Where have you been?" He asked and she smiled against his chest. "Grano" He laughed a little, and said "I knew it. They gone?" "No still there..."

She pushed him a bit away after a very long moment. Hyo Joo looked at him, her small hands on his chest. "Happy Birthday" she whispered.

His heart jumped. Get a grip, boy. He told himself.

She tiptoed for a kiss. His hands found their place at her waist. This was familiar. This felt like home. Her lips tasted like sweet honey, and he wondered if she have had alcohol already. He pressed her a bit closer. "You're mine for now" He said against her forehead and she nodded.

He let his hand run down her arm and their finger intervened, as he took a deep breath, and pulled her towards the others on the other end of the room.

It was just a few hours, and they would be alone.