Chapter 8

Worlds

It took Taehyung few minutes to understand his surroundings. He was in a warm bed with the boys he went to sleep with. It was something he wasn’t prepared for, he was sure he was going to wake up in the forest and yet here he was. 

After few moments Taehyung silently tipped towed out of bed, he went over to the phone and like he saw Jungkook yesterday called the reception and ordered food. He wanted to surprise the still sleeping boys. 

Until food arrived Taehyung tried all kind of clothes Jimin and Jungkook bought him yesterday. It was strange wearing so much clothes when usually he just had pants on. 

Food arrived and filled the room with delicious smell. Taehyung could see Jimin still deep in sleep drooling on Jungkook’s shoulder. Few giggles escaped Taehyung as he wandered how to wake up the boys. 

Unfortunately, food did it as soon as an idea hit him. Jimin sat up in bed wiping his mouth, woken up by the smell of food.  

Jungkook was soon woken up by cold drool on his shoulder. But he just turned around, pulled the covers over his head and went back to sleep. 

Jimin, however, went straight for the food and started eating without really understanding his surroundings. 

After Jimin finished a plate full of scrambled eggs with tomatoes and bacon, he looked up at Taehyung and stared at him for some time. Suddenly, a loud surprised squeal left his mouth, making Jungkook jump in bed.  

“Eh? You’re… I am… still here?” 

Taehyung giggled “And you just kept eating.” 

Jungkook in bed was looking confused as well. 

The day was calm. Jungkook talked about stuff from this world, explained the things others were interested in. They didn’t leave home since it was a cold day. 

They just talked and it was comfortable like that.  

Evening came soon and Taehyung wanted to build a pillow fort, but others were too lazy, so he build it around them, surrounding them with comfy pillows and blankets.  

They watched movies, they ate, they tried making the others existence soak into their memory. The fear and anticipation of disappearing getting stronger by the hour, by the minute. 

They went to sleep, in the same bed, with the same thoughts. 

The next morning, they woke up next to each other. 

* * * 

A week pasted and they were still there, together. 

Living in the hotel started getting uncomfortable, it felt a bit suffocating, they felt as if people were watching them. So they started thinking of getting a new place to live. 

“Another hotel?” Suggested Jimin. 

“Let’s buy a house,” Taehyung offered “I mean we have unlimited money, why not?” 

And surpassingly it was a good idea, so with Jungkook’s agreement in 2 days they already had an exclusive fully furnished penthouse. When you have money, why not make use of it? 

Jungkook worried a lot at first about taxes and other stuff, they had unlimited money, but how would that translate to the banks? They didn’t work, hell they basically didn’t even exist in this world. And yet everything worked out smoothly, no problems, nothing. 

So many questions occurred to Jungkook, but he decided to just go with the flow, he was happy at the moment and it was enough. 

Time passed two weeks in and the anxiousness of disappearing wasn’t going anywhere, it just got a lot stronger. 

Every day they grew fonder and fonder of each other. Jungkook had no desire to go back to his rock star, drug addict life, even though music was once his dream…  

Jimin would sometimes remember the starry night with Yoongi, but that was all he missed. Everything else seemed in place, he danced frequently in a nearby studio, he danced with Taehyung and Jungkook. He smiled every day, he didn’t overwork and was healthy. It was… different. 

Taehyung missed home, but he felt like he could recreate it, like it wasn’t a big deal. His home was now just a faraway fairy tale. Yet he felt scared of what might happen the next time he came back. 

* * * 

The group bought a huge bed and agreed on sleeping together, so that if one disappeared they would know.  

One morning Taehyung woke up early. Others were still in deep slumber.  

Taehyung didn’t want to disturb their sleep so he just went to the living room and quietly watched Tv. 

Few hours passed, the other two were still sleeping and Taehyung was getting hungry.  

He was not allowed to the kitchen, since, speaking softly, cooking wasn’t his strong suit. 

After another 30 minutes Taehyung stared getting annoyed and spent the next half an hour planning how to wake the others up. 

The plan was simple, yet oh so evil. Taehyung opened the window and took two handfuls of white, cold snow from the windowsill.  

As silently as he could he crept into the bedroom. Taehyung silently climbed on to the bed and with his foot pulled the covers down slightly from the boys. 

He was ready to shove the snow down their shirts, but the snow began to melt from his warm hands and a cold droplet of water fell onto Jungkook’s nose. 

Jungkook scrunched his face and he was about to open his eyes.  

Taehyung knew - now or never.  

Barely containing his laughter, he shoved the snow down Jimin’s and Junkook’s shirts. Jimin let out a high-pitched scream jumping and flailing in the bed, he failed to understand what just happened, but he could feel the cold on his back. 

Jungkook screamed too, but he was quicker on the up take. Taehyung now laughing loudly, jumped off of the bed and was about to start running when Jungkook grabbed his shirt's collar and pulled him back on the bed.  

Taehyung still laughing looked at the two boys who were very seriously sitting and looking at him from above. 

Taehyung knew he had to pay for his prank. 

Jimin looked at Jungkook with emotionless face and nodded, the younger boy nodded back.    

They started tickling Taehyung, his neck, legs, sides everything they could reach. Taehyung was dying laughing, his stomach hurt from it, tears were running down his face. 

He squirmed around gasping for air, but Jungkook held him tightly so he wouldn’t escape.  

After intense tickle session, Taehyung was pulled into the middle of the bed, wrapped in sheets with the two boys hugging him from sides and whispering. 

“If you do this again I will kill you.” 

“Next time I’ll throw you into the snow.” 

“If you’re bored there are better things to do.” 

“I hope the pancakes I make later will be filled with salt so you choke.” 

The pancakes Taehyung ate later were indeed filled with salt. 

* * * 

Some days were just calm and chill. They would play video games together, once they discovered a game everyone was into it until they passed it. 

Sometimes when the games wouldn’t have multiplayer one of them would play while others watched and threw popcorn at the player whenever he would make a mistake.  

One day was special, Jimin discovered a phone game, it was basically matching gems and then killing monsters by getting power from them.  

Simple. Addicting. 

They spent 3 days without going anywhere, barely moving and surviving off delivery food.  

After they would put the phones down before sleep, Taehyung would start rambling. 

“I can’t sleep, when I close my eyes I see the gems, I see a combo, I just need to swipe that way… yes, such a good combo.” 

“Taehyung shut up and sleep.” Jungkook would whisper before swiping his own imaginary combo. 

At one point Jimin stood up and said that it was enough, they were too consumed by the game, they had to do something else. Soon everyone joined this brave movement. 

So they decided to watch a movie.  

“What are you doing?” Jimin asked when he noticed Taehyung sitting with his phone in his hands in the middle of a movie. 

“Oh…. I’m just reading some articles.” Taehyung grinned nervously. 

"Oh yeah? What are they about?" 

Taehyung looked away from Jimin's praying eyes "Just you know... Politics, the real truth of pancakes... the usual stuff." 

“Show me.” 

“No,” Taehyung said too quickly and stared slowly crawling back "It's private!" 

“Give me the phone.” Jimin insisted. 

“NOO!!” Taehyung stared running away from Jimin and he started chasing. 

Jungkook took advantage of the chaos and pulled out his phone and started playing. 

They spent 20 minutes chasing each other and ignoring the curled up Jungkook on the floor. 

Jungkook suddenly stood up “I FINISHED IT!” with eternal joy in his eyes as he jumped up and down. 

Taehyung and Jimin stopped in their places. Taehyung still clutching his phone tightly in a fighting mantis position and Jimin with one hand in the air holding a pan. 

“Oh...” was the only sound that left them. 

They sat down in an orderly fashion and finished watching the movie, ate dinner. 

No one showed any interests in the game anymore. 

 

* * * 

 

Three weeks passed and still nothing.  

Jungkook and Jimin woke up early, to their surprise Taehyung was still sleeping. He usually was the one to wake up earliest. 

Taehyung was laying on the bed spread out like a star and even after the other two left to eat and then came back, he was still in the same position. 

Jungkook reminded Jimin of the time Taehyung growled at him, making him blush a bit. 

“Do you… want to test that?” Jungkook looked at Taehyung’s spread out figure. 

“We…could, but didn’t he say he fights?” 

Jungkook stopped for a minute “Let me test it, I can just throw him on the floor if he wants to fight.” 

Jimin nodded in agreement, Jungkook was strong after all.  

They sat on each side of Taehyung. Jimin while trying to sit with his legs crossed slightly brushed Taehyung’s side, just above the ribs, with his fingers. 

Suddenly Taehyung let out a purring sound and the other two boys stopped in their places.  

“What did you do? Did he just purr?” Jungkook whispered franticly. 

“I-I just slightly touched his side… And yes I think he purred…” 

“Is he a cat or something?” 

Jungkook poked Taehyung between his ribs, expecting the same reaction, but this time he meowled moving his hands to hug himself. 

Jungkook’s cheeks started feeling hot. 

"What the hell..." 

Jimin touched Taehyung’s thigh and he kicked. Jungkook put his hand on the boy’s chest and he let out a slow growl. 

They spent 10 minutes poking the sleeping boy. 

“I-it’s k-kind of cute, don’t you think?” Jungkook whispered still looking at Taehyung. 

“Y-yeah.” Jimin’s cheeks were burning. 

Jungkook decided to poke Taehyung’s cheek, as soon as his finger touched the soft, warm skin, Taehyung opened his mouth and bit Jungkook’s finger.  

Jungkook let out a yelp and Taehyung jumped up. 

„What’s going on?!” He looked panicked. 

“We were…” Jimin started but thought that telling a person they have been groping, poking and tickling them while they were sleeping wasn’t a great idea. 

“You bit me.” Jungkook whined. 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook’s finger, it wasn’t a bad bite, he would get worse when he played with the wolfs, but it was bleeding a bit and Taehyung felt guilty. 

He took Jungkook’s hand and pulled it to his lips, Taehyung started the wound until the bleeding stopped and then kissed the slight cut. 

Jungkook sat there with no idea what to do with his bright red face. 

“Taehyung… what if you infect his wound like that?” Jimin asked hiding his face in his hands. 

Taehyung turned to Jungkook “You should wash it now.” 

Jungkook immediately left the room… Why was Taehyung so clueless and dense, was a mystery of life. 

 

* * * 

 

Jimin and Jungkook were making lunch together. Taehyung usually lounged around at the bar watch the two in cute aprons making him food. He would usually say it made him feel like he had two wives. While Jungkook would say, it felt like growing a very high maintenance dog. 

This time Taehyung was watching TV like his life depended on it. He was binge watching some anime about ice skating and he absolutely loved it. It was the last episode and Taehyung was crying like a baby. 

He stood up suddenly “That’s it, we’re going ice skating.” 

And so, they did, they were at the city centre skating rink. There weren’t many people. Perfect for Taehyung, at least that was what he thought. 

Jungkook had to put on Jimin’s and Taehyung’s skates, both of them were so confused by the way you had to tie them. 

As soon as they got the skates on Taehyung walked to the rink with wobbly legs. 

“Now I shall do a single and then a double axel.” He announced as if he understood what he was talking about. 

As soon as Taehyung stepped on ice and lifted his leg to push himself forward he fell face first to the ice.  

Jimin gasped loudly and ran up to Taehyung “Are you okay? Did you get hurt?” 

Taehyung lifted himself a bit “I’m okay, it’s alright.” 

With some help from Jimin Taehyung stood up, but he could barely stand, he was wobbly and his skates kept sliding the wrong way. Taehyung grabbed the wall barely holding himself up. 

“What is this? This is not easy? Why?” he was so honestly confused, while Jimin kept giggling at him. 

Taehyung frowned “Why are you laughing, this is my first time…” 

“Hmmm… Good excuse.” Jimin giggled and casually started skating around the rink. Jimin’s balance was perfect and his form beautiful. He casually glided on the ice, made casual spins and even skated backwards. 

Taehyung looked at him like he was some kind of fairy, he looked as if he weighted nothing on ice. 

Jungkook stepped on ice too “Jimin this can’t be your first time!” he started sliding towards Jimin. 

Jungkook wasn’t as flawless but he could skate, even better than average.  

Taehyung pouted “No fair, why are you both so good?” 

Jimin giggled “It’s my first time but it feels familiar, like I’ve done this before...” He skated to Taehyung and extended his arm “Come I’ll teach you.” 

They started practising in the middle of the rink and after 30 minutes, Taehyung was able to skate straight and stop by riding out the momentum. 

Taehyung felt like a dog on ice, be could barely control his sliding limbs and it made him uncomfortable.  

They skated with Jimin holding hands, sometimes Jungkook took over the duty of looking after Taehyung. 

They would admire, Jimin beautiful and weightless skating. 

Their hour ended and Taehyung was begging to go home. He was tired, wet and covered in bruises from falling on the ice. 

That evening he was all pouty so others cuddled and pampered him. Everyone wanted the careless and cute Taehyungie to be happy. 

 

* * * 

 

5 weeks pasted, the boys were living comfortably. It was a warm eve, they were watching something on TV. 

Jimin was sitting on the ground all interest focused on TV. Jungkook was sitting on the couch with Taehyung’s head on his lap and his hand in the boys purple hair. 

They weren’t really interested in the TV, they were both watching the orange haired man. His every movement, position. 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook, he was focused on Jimin, treading his eyes carefully on his figure. 

Taehyung touched Jungkook’s face “Can you get me ice cream? I want ice cream.” 

Jungkook nodded, it was unusual of him to agree, but he felt somehow ecstatic. It felt as if he was in some kind of vision, like everything around him was warm, but fake. 

He stood up and went out. 

Taehyung watched Jimin for some time. The show ended and Jimin turned around. 

“Huh? Where’s Jungkook?” 

“He went out to get ice cream.” Taehyung stood up, went up to Jimin and sat in front of him. 

Taehyung could hear his heart pounding on his rib cage, he took Jimin’s face into his arms. 

He heard a click of the apartment door. 

But Taehyung didn’t care. 

“I love you Jimin.” Taehyung said carefully and when he saw the confusion in Jimin’s eyes dissolve into something soft and warm he softly kissed Jimin’s forehead. Jimin put his hand on Taehyung’s chest, he could feel his heart going crazy. 

Taehyung heard a plastic bag falling to the ground. Taehyung smiled softly to Jimin. 

And he was gone just like that. 

Jimin’s hand was left extended in the air, but Taehyung was no longer there. Something rose up in Jimin, tears started falling from his eyes as he looked up to Jungkook. 

Jungkook was standing near the entrance to the room, he looked confused, hurt and scared.  

Darkness followed.