Chapter 16

Worlds

After leaving the university, Taehyung checked the map 5 times before actually going the way they needed to.  

Taehyung was holding Jimin's hand tight. He was walking and telling him all kinds of stories. Some that happened when he was young, some that he just made up on the spot. 

It felt like talking to a wall, but Jimin's hand's warm presence was reminding Taehyung wasn't alone. 

He looked at Jimin's profile, he was a handsome boy, but his squishy face made him look cute.  

Taehyung wanted him to smile, he wanted to see those eyes shine, that little nose scrunches up while he laughs. Did he forget how Jimin's smiles or did he never really see the true smile? 

In all reality, Taehyung didn't care what was real or fake, he trusted his feelings and his were screaming that he loved Jimin, so so much, that nothing else really mattered. 

"Oh right! Jimin I'll read you my books! You probably don’t know them, but they are really popular" Taehyung kept giggling. 

The whole way back he talked and didn't stop for a moment. A little bit of hope lingering, what if Jimin responded. 

*** 

For Taehyung his books were like a part of himself. Since he was little he had so much imagination he created worlds in his mind, making characters and plots. 

When Taehyung wrote his first book, he felt ecstatic and anxious. He was letting people into the part of his mind he never let others approach.  

So reading the book for Jimin and Jungkook was an important step for him, even if they didn't respond or take it in. 

Hoseok didn't approve of this prospect, according to him if they were exposed to even more fantasy they would regress. Then again exposing them to real world didn't work for Hoseok so he wasn't particularly against it. 

Every evening for 2 months Taehyung would read his books for the boys. He would read them like he was telling them straight out of his head, like he lived those moments. 

What Hoseok found interesting was that Taehyung created habits in the other two. At first it was hard to make Jungkook come to them, singing was the only way and if Jimin was studying at those moments they just couldn't interrupt. 

But after some time every evening they would come and sit in the living room, like they were waiting for Taehyung's story time. 

Hoseok saw progress and that was something he couldn't do in those years that he watched over them all. For him it felt refreshing in a way. 

Hoseok always wanted to work in a big hospital, to advance his career, but sudden Taehyung's situation made him into a part time psychologist, who would take care of sick friends like a nurse. 

It wasn't for him, but he didn't blame Taehyung because everything he did was his choice. Hoseok was happy he made this choice, because he was now able to watch his best friend with life in his eyes. 

Hoseok watched Taehyung read his 4th book, this one was filled with dragons and magic. He watched a smile never leaving his face. 

Hoseok knew he could soon finally leave his friend to his own life, he knew he would not be alone and would definitely be happy. 

*** 

5th book, Taehyung's last book. It was tale about time travel and it was at it's end. 

Somehow Taehyung probably had hoped that these reading sessions would bring something out and when it didn't, disappointment followed. 

Taehyung sat on the floor his back to Jimin and Jungkook who were on the sofa. 

Somehow he felt sad and frustrated. He just closed his eyes and embraced the darkness. Why was it like this? Why was it so hard? 

Why was he the only one here? 

Taehyung opened his eyes and looked into the kitchen direction. Hoseok was standing in his pj's with a cup of water looking at him all concerned. 

Taehyung wanted to scream on top of his lungs. Why was it so frustrating. 

Just... Why? 

*** 

Red, crimson and orange was surrounding Jimin. He felt like he was in a nightmare. Everything was burning and blood was freely splashing everywhere. 

It was just 30 minutes ago when Jimin went out on the deck to get some fresh air when he saw a fleet of ships. 

They attacked unexpectedly and Jimin was now surrounded by 3 guards who were protecting him from attackers. Nice to know, you won't be killed by someone but burn instead because the whole ship was on fire. 

Jimin was shaking, he thought about Jin somewhere on the ship alone. He never really saw him since he woke up, but the soldiers said he was there. 

Suddenly a scream resonated in the air "Reinforcements, King Yoongi has come to save us!" 

Jimin looked up and saw a ship coming closer and closer. He felt a bit of a relief, Yoongi came for him, now everything will be okay, right? 

But Jimin's heart didn't calm down, he stiffened again, adrenaline rushing through him, he started panicking.  

Jimin heard it clearly: Yoongi came to save him, but Jimin felt it down to his bones, Yoongi wasn't here. 

Fire finally burned through main mast and it fell heavily onto the deck, sliding into the water little by little. 

Jimin put his hands on his ears and looked at the ground. This was not happening, this wasn't real, he wanted to disappear. 

At that moment he heard a loud roar, he lifted his head to the direction it came from. 

A dragon. 

Jimin's eyes widened. 

There was a dragon in the sky, coming for the people that attacked them. 

Jimin's mind was blank for a moment. 

"Is that...?" A guard spoke softly. 

"A dragon." noded another one, like it was normal. 

"THEY DON'T EXIST!" Jimin screeched out. 

The guards looked at him like he was crazy, but didn't say anything knowing their place. 

He wasn't crazy, dragons weren't real, they were from story books and all that. But a real one? Seriously? 

Jimin didn't know how to feel anymore, he was so scared his knees were shaking, but his mind was just done with this reality. 

Maybe Jimin did go crazy, or maybe he was just sleeping in his bed next to Jungkook and Taehyung. 

Then something more happened. It took a while for Jimin to process, but a man just jumped on to the water and then walked on it to the next ship. 

Jimin looked at the men standing besides him, they were treating this madness as if it was a normal occurrence. 

Jimin laughed "What are you Jesus?" He whispered to himself "That's it I've gone mad! That's what it was, how can this exist? I knew everything was fake! Or maybe it's just me who's fake..." 

Jimin sat down on the floor and closed his eyes, he felt tears threatening to run out. Those whispers he heard before were probably real too. It was just too much, Jimin felt like his brain was going to fry and melt. 

"I'm done, that it, I'm tired of it." was Jimin's last words.