Chapter 14

Worlds

Jimin woke up in a wooden room on what seemed to be a hammock. Everything was swaying a little bit. Confusion washed over him, this wasn't the usual castle scenery.  

Door just ahead of him opened and a small man walked in. The man seemed surprised to see the young prince awake.  

"Your majesty, you're awake!" His voice was high pitched and bordered the definition of annoying. 

Jimin's head was hurting a bit, the pain came in waves and he gently pressed his temples.  

"I'm sorry, but I'm a bit out of it... Could you tell me where I am?" 

"Oh your majesty you have been asleep for so long! So much has happened! But we are glad that you are awake!" 

"Please give me a short summary of what happened, where I am... and where is The King?"  

"You are now in a ship that's sailing to a safe zone," the guy closed the door "You see after you fell asleep our country has fallen to war, King Yoongi is leading a fleet to battle, this ship is dedicated to you and prince Jin so you get to the safe zone without any 'damage'." 

"Wait wait... so we are in war and I'm in a ship to who knows where, while Yoongi is fighting? You know that's ridiculous, right?" 

The man looked at the floor "We are just following our orders." he turned around and left the room. 

Jimin was beyond confused. He felt like he was in a movie and he was acting a role he never wanted.  

The swaying of the room became faster and Jimin started feeling sick, so he left the room. He went through the door the guy used, soon he was on the deck. 

It seemed silent, just a few deckmen scurrying around. Jimin aproched ship's side and looked at the water.  

What should have happened to make them leave the castle? What caused the war? Jimin didn't feel like caring about anything at this point, he just wanted to go back to the soft and cuddly days, when Taehyung was still there and Jungkook wasn't an bastard who steals his blankets. 

Jimin wasn't feeling sadness or anything, it was more like anger mixed with apathy. There wasn't anything here for him, the only thing that was – Yoongi and even he wasn't here anymore. 

Frustration came over Jimin, he just kicked the wall angrily leaving a dent in the hardwood.  

Jimin panicked for a moment forgetting anything else. 

He casually walked away like nothing had happened. 

 

*** 

 

After 3 days of nothing happening Jimin was laying down on the deck trying to sleep. The nights were warm and being in the cabin made him sick, so the outside was Jimin's go to.  

He was watching the stars, thinking about that night with Yoongi, about Jungkook and Taehyung. 

Where they sleeping well? Were they eating well? Taehyung can't cook. Are they okay being alone? Is Jungkook still stealing his blanket? 

Jimin was about to blackout. It was so silent he could swear someone called his name. He squirmed a bit at the uncomfortable silence, it felt like there wasn't any noise, not from waves not from the guy who was snoring so loud just now. 

Everything seemed too silent, too dead.  

Jimin felt a bit tense at that moment, because he could swear he was hearing whispers. 

Silent and scary kind of whispers.  

Jimin thought for a moment if he was going mad. 

*** 

It was early afternoon. Jimin already left for uni and Taehyung was sitting behind the table with his head on the surface.  

Jungkook had just woken up. Taehyung knew because he saw him waddling into the bathroom and now heard faint noises from his room indicating that Jungkook was putting on clothes. 

Hoseok was making third breakfast for Taehyung and the first one for Jungkook. As Taehyung liked to say "If you call it breakfast then the calories don't count," he would poke Hoseok's temple "It's all in your head." 

Hoseok knew Taehyung long enough to know he wasn't serious, he just had a... special kind of sense of humor. Actually he was glad he could hear Taehyung's nonsense again. 

Jungkook entered the kitchen and sat down in front of Taehyung. Hoseok put a plate with few pieces of toast and jam by the side. Jungkook was about to grab the knife beside the plate to put the jam on his toast, but suddenly his plate was swiped up by Taehyung. 

Taehyung grinned at the boy now that he had stolen his food. To his surprise Jungkook let out a noise, it didn't sound like anything he had heard before from Jungkook (then again he never heard Jungkook talk in real life). 

The noise sounded husky and rough, like it came from someone with a sore throat. It was almost like an annoyed animal.  

Besides the strange sound Jungkook didn't do anything else, he just sat there with a blank stare directed to nothing in particular.  

Now pleased that he had gotten a reaction from Jungkook, Taehyung was grinning even wider. He took the knife and put jam on the toasts.  

After he was done, Taehyung held out the toast just under Jungkook's nose. Jungkook without any hesitation bit into the toast and Taehyung let out a sound, sound that babies make when they are happy. 

It was amusing to look at Jungkook letting himself to be fed by Taehyung. Hosoek just stood looking at them. Taehyung was smiling so fondly at Jungkook that Hoseok wanted to coo. 

A quick thought passes that maybe Taehyung is making Jungkook better, maybe he's making him open up. But the thought is quickly dismissed when Jungkook stands up abruptly and leaves to his room after finishing breakfast.  

Taehyung immediately puts his head back on the table, his previous grin vanishing. 

"Are you okay?" Hoseok pats Taehyung's back. He wants to comfort him, to tell him Jungkook will wake up to reality soon, but he can't because he doesn't know if he ever will.  

"I'm going to nap for a bit, wake me up if Jimin comes back." 

"Wait, Tae..." Hoseok hesitates for a bit "You know you can talk to me, don't hold back, okay?" 

Taehyung pulled off the biggest smile he could at that moment "I'm okay, I got this bro." 

Hoseok sighs heavily. At least he's talking. 

*** 

At nights Taehyung tries to get into his dream land. 

First he tried to get into the world where Jimin and Jungkook were. It never worked. He could imagine scenarios happen but it wasn't the same. 

Then Taehyung tried to go into the forest dream, maybe he could travel from there, after all he always could travel to the more modern universe from the forest freely.  

However, that didn't work either, it was like everything that happaned was a vivid dream to which Taehyung had no chance of going back. 

Taehyung doesn't know what to do. 

*** 

In daytime Taehyung hangs out with Hoseok a lot. Since Jimin would go to university and Jungkook usually napped, Taehyung didn't know what to do. 

"Why don't you go outside? You know walk around a bit?" Hoseok suggested once. 

"Hmm..." Taehyung rolled around on the floor "I don't know maybe later... Hoseok?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Who is in this state the longest?" Taehyung drew circles in the air with his arms as if to explain 'the state'. 

"Jungkook." 

"Really? I thought I was?"  

Hoseok chuckled "No, you were first to come to my care, Jungkook's in this state at least 2 years longer than you actually." 

Taehyung jumped a bit "Woah, do you think that's why he's so unresponsive?" 

"Well you were more unresponsive actually, you didn't take showers regularly and didn't eat sometimes if I didn't force you, I actually thought you would die from malnutrition soon, I was considering admitting you to the hospital a week prior to you waking up." 

Taehyung remembered how hungry he felt after tasting the food that night, how good it felt to eat.  

Hoseok observed the boy for a bit before asking "Are you okay?" 

"Are you okay?" Taehyung squinted at the older boy. 

"Y-yes?" Hoseok's confusion was clear on his face. 

"Good then," Taehyung smiled "I'm hungry... Oh hungry reminds me, how's Namjoon hyung?" 

"Hungry reminds you?" Hoseok almost forgot the weirdness of Kim Taehyung "Namjoon is good... I guess? I mean he's in the mountains with his friend, they are meditating or something, so I have no way to contact him. He will come back soon... I think." 

"You know Namjoon is so weird, mountains? He's crazy!" Taehyung went to the nearest cabinet to search for candy. 

Hoseok almost snorted "You're one to talk." 

The day went by listlessly, Hosoek would go to work sometimes leaving Taehyung alone. 

He would lay down on the floor and stare at the ceiling. Sometimes he would try to get Jungkook out of his room to play, but Jungkook just slept or started forward without reacting. 

Scary thing was Taehyung was already used to everything, after only one week he was fine living here. Maybe it more like he didn't feel anything, like he was... bored. 

*** 

One afternoon Taehyung woke up from a nap with burning determination. Of course! He should just wake up the guys from their slumbering states! That's what he should do! Then he can start feeling again, then he can be... happy again. 

Taehyung ran into the living room.  

Hoseok was sitting reading something and Jimin seemed like he just had come back from uni. He was sitting silently and it seemed as if he was watching the TV that was for background noise. 

"Hyung I'll need your help." Taehyung announced moving to Jimin. 

Hoseok lifted his eyes from the book he was reading to look at Taehyung sitting down on Jimin's lap.  

"Taehyung what are you doing." he stood up quickly. 

Taehyung took a deep breath and screamed at the top of his lungs. 

"STUPID JIMIN!" 

Jimin's eyes seemed like they focused on Taehyung, he even frowned and opened his mouth a bit as if to say something. It looked like all life came back to the boy's body.  

It lasted only a moment. The life left Jimin's eyes as fast as it had come to him. 

Hosoek pushed off Taehyung and inspected Jimin's reactions, he wasn't reacting anymore, but he saw the moment too, the moment Jimin had woken up. 

Taehyung huffed and started laughing loudly "Did you see that! I brought him back!" 

"You... You did, you really did!" Surprise never left Hoseok's face "You must have surprised him so much he came back for a moment, that means he's not that deep in his slumber anymore!" 

Taehyung was so happy, he hugged Hoseok. He knew he could do it, he will do it, Taehyung will have his boyfriends back. 

No matter how many times Taehyung screemed after that, Jimin didn't come back. It was one and only moment, but it had given Taehyung all the hope he needed.