Chapter 7

Worlds

Taehyung found himself in front of Jungkook, who was sleeping on a bench peacefully. It was cold.  

Taehyung crouched down in front of so innocent looking Jungkook and touched his face lightly. 

He was warm. Maybe he just got here? Taehyung started poking the younger one’s cheek and giggling when he moved his hands trying to get Taehyung away. 

Jungkook opened his eyes just to see a drenched, purple haired guy poking his cheek. It took him full 2 minutes to realize who he was, where he was and what was happening. 

He closed his eyes and all he could remember was the car headlights and sudden darkness. Was he hit by a car? No, he didn't seem injured and this place… it would be weird having the same dream.  

Jungkook shivered. 

“Are you cold?” Taehyung looked around there was snow around them “Do you need a hug?” 

Jungkook looked at those beautiful brown eyes and nodded slowly. He needed a hug, a hug from Taehyung. 

Taehyung was a bit surprised that he agreed, but pulled Jungkook into a tight embrace. 

Jungkook felt warm inside, but not outside... 

He then learned a valuable lesson: don’t let wet Taehyung hug you, it’s gross and cold. 

“You ask me if I’m cold, but here you are drenched and half ,” Jungkook looked around at the snow around them “… in winter apparently.” 

Jungkook looked at the newspaper conveniently displayed not far in front of them. It seemed like 3 months has passed in this world.  

Taehyung hugged Jungkook a second time.  

Jungkook was ready to shoo him off, when he realized Taehyung was actually putting something on his neck. 

When the half- guy pulled away, Jungkook saw a new shinning pendant on his neck. 

“Me, you and Jimin have matching ones!” Taehyung showed his usual smile. 

Jungkook looked at the pendant for a few seconds. It didn’t fit his style, but he liked it. It wasn’t like the pendant was ugly or anything… it was beautiful in fact. 

After few moments of scrambling around they were walking somewhere where they could get warm food and drinks.  

Jungkook was eyeing Taehyung, he had many questions and it distracted him enough not to notice an orange haired boy running towards them.  

Jimin crashed into them and everyone almost fell over, but Taehyung managed to hold them in place with a loud ‘oof’. 

Taehyung hugged Jimin and lifted him a bit from the ground laughing “You should have warned us!” 

Jimin was giggling too “I appeared here and I immediately saw you too walking so I ran to you. Also, Taehyung why are you drenched?” 

Taehyung shrugged “It was raining when I got here. I’m kind of cold so could we go somewhere warmer?” he scratched his cheek with very obviously shaking hand. 

Jimin looked around with a worried look. He had no idea what he could do in this world for him. 

Jungkook took Taehyung’s hand and started walking towards the hotel.  

He felt stupid for not asking Taehyung if he was okay, no, that would have been stupid too. It was obvious he was freezing. The least he could do if provide him a warm room and a bath. 

They went to a hotel, Jungkook paid for an expensive suit room. The lady in front was surprised they even had money, after all they were three strangely dressed guys. 

Jungkook took the boys up to their room. As soon as they entered the room, Jungkook found a pile of towels and threw few to Taehyung. 

“You go shower, me and Jimin will go buy some clothes, since you-” Jungkook looked at their reflections in the mirror “Well, all of us need new clothes.” he corrected himself. 

Taehyung went ahead to the bathroom, while Jimin and Jungkook went out. Jungkook wanted to check how much money he has and he was quite surprised at the ATM. He had over few million dollars. He was used to dealing with such money, but it surprised him nonetheless. The fact his card actually worked and even had a large amount of money in it, made everything seem… strange. 

They went to clothing stores buying pants, shirts and jackets. Jungkook chose a warm hoodie for Taehyung with black ripped jeans and a few more outfits.  

Jimin had a good taste in clothing, even though he was from what seemed to be the past times, he perfectly knew what was fashionable, it surprised Jungkook a lot.  

The shopping took a while. 

“Jungkook~ you’re soo cute.” Jimin kept giggling when Jungkook was faced with a hard decision of which white shirt to buy. It was a serious dilemma. Jungkook kept repeating that the fabric was different. 

Jungkook pouted, but had fun, he didn’t remember the last time he had fun buying clothes. When was the last time he even went shopping for clothes? … 

Jungkook had a crazy idea to bring Jimin to a candy store when they were finished shopping.  

Jimin was amazed, so many colours, so many things that looked so yummy. Jungkook felt a weird sensation of being proud of himself when he saw Jimin so excited. 

"It’s the pink cloud we ate with Taehyung last time!” he gasped a little. “They even have it blue!!” 

“Hmm? That’s cotton candy, do you like it?” 

Jimin nodded happily “We ate it with Taehyung, it was soo sweet.” 

Jungkook giggled why were these two guys so pure, like they were made from sunshine and candy.  

In the end they took a bucket of the blue cotton candy and so much other candy that they could barely carry them with the clothes they bought.  

They went back to the hotel. 

When they arrived, Taehyung was laying on the bed with his limbs stretched out and only a short, thin silk bathrobe covering his body. He was breathing lightly, sleeping. 

Jimin carefully approached him and started poking him all over. This annoying behaviour made Taehyung huff in his sleep, but he didn’t wake up.  

After few more futile attempts of waking him up softly Jimin looked for help to Jungkook.  

"Jump on him." Jungkook mouthed while taking off the labels of the clothes. 

Jimin gasped excitedly, he threw a pillow on Taehyung and jumped on him. Taehyung grunted and Jimin started squirming around. 

Taehyung suddenly flipped Jimin on his back straddling him with only a pillow between them. He let out a slow, sensual growl with eyes still unfocused with pupils contracting to small dots. 

Jimin was so surprised his face flushed.  

After a few seconds, Taehyung came to his senses, he looked at Jimin then Jungkook, looking around his surroundings, he climbed off Jimin. 

“I feel asleep.” Taehyung scratched his eyes lazily. 

Jimin still red stood up and went to the bathroom taking his new clothes to change into with him, while Jungkook just stared at the boy kneeling on the bed. 

“D-did you just growl on Jimin?” 

“Did I? People say that I start fighting if they wake me up suddenly.” Taehyung smiled lazily, climbed off the bed and approached Jungkook. 

Jungkook gave Taehyung his new clothes. The boy didn’t waste any time and started undressing in front of Jungkook. Shocked he wanted to look away, but just couldn’t, his eyes were glued on Taehyung. 

Taehyung scrambled to put on the skinny jeans, all the holes in them confused him. He lifted his eyes to meet the boy’s in front of him. Taehyung smiled knowingly. 

Jungkook swallowed hard and blushed.  
Taehyung was good at making people blush. 

 

* * * 

 

Jungkook went to check the ATM again, he wanted to monitor the money he had. It left him shocked, the amount of money he had in his card didn’t change… at all. 

It was the same amount as before, not a cent less. Jungkook took out some cash and tried checking again. The amount still hadn’t changed. 

Jungkook had endless amount of money? He sighed, this world is ed up…It made him consider the dream theory again, but he couldn’t… or didn’t want it to be a dream. 

When he came back to the room, Taehyung and Jimin were sitting on the floor seriously discussing candy. 

“Welcome back, how did it go?” Jimin smiled gently. 

“Apparently, I have infinite amount of money,” Jungkook plopped onto the bed observing the boys on the floor “Don’t know if it’s a good thing though.” 

Taehyung looked at him “That’s carzy good, we can buy as much candy as we want!” 

“Taehyung I’m not feeding you candy 24/7,” Jungkook giggled as soon as Taehyung pouted at the statement. “Let’s discuss the situation we are in.” 

Jimin nodded “Yes I think we should,” he looked down “But where do we start?” 

“I think our situation might be time traveling,” Jungkook explained “We all seem from different periods in time and this looks like the future… I think.” 

Jimin’s eyes sparkled “Oh this might be the case,” he ignored the feeling of familiarity with the world maybe the others felt this way too… he turned to Taehyung “What do you think?” 

“I don’t know, a lot of stuff doesn’t make sense and everything seems weird… I’ll agree on Jungkook’s theory, but this might be something else too,” Taehyung seemed uncharacteristically serious “My world changed a bit…” 

“What do you mean.” Jungkook leaned in. 

“My best friend… he disappeared and everyone claims he doesn’t exist, but I know, I remember he was there all my life.”  

Taehyung looked sad, very genuinely sad. Jungkook wanted to comfort him, but he didn’t know how. Jimin hugged him, his hair gently.  

‘A hug, of course’ Jungkook thought.  

They stopped the conversation at that, the main idea why they where there was stated and they decided to relax a bit.  

After a silent moment Jungkook suggested to watch some movies. The other two boys jumped in excitement when they heard what was a ‘movie’. 

Jungkook the TV, found an online movie and played it. They arranged themselves in front of the TV. 

Taehyung was just fascinated watching every movement in the film. He would jump at the slightest louder noise and was just so into the movie, forgetting everything around him. 

Jimin watched happily while eating the candy curiously, scrunching his cute face while eating sour gummy worms and making a heavenly expression every time he tasted different kinds of chocolate. He also made comments to Jungkook about his plays comparing the movie with it. 

Jungkook was enjoying observing the two boys more, then the movie itself. He silently watched them and smiled to himself. He felt like some love-struck idiot. 

They watched 3 movies, everyone in their own little world, but they connected and it felt warm. 

After the last movie ended Taehyung yawned and fell on his back, mumbling how intense everything was. 

It was time for sleep. Jimin went to change into his p.j's in the bathroom while Taehyung, again started undressing on the spot. Jungkook went into the bathroom after Jimin. 

They all agreed to sleep in the same room, it would be safer like this. They would know if someone disappeared… 

After Jungkook changed into a plain t-shirt and shorts he left the bathroom. Taehyung and Jimin were laying on the bed with their hands intervened, chuckling and whispering.    

Jungkook looked at them for a moment, took an extra blanket from the closet and laid down on the couch. 

“Jungkook~ what are you doing there come here.” Taehyung called him sweetly.  

“I’m fine here, thank you.” Jungkook tried sounding as honest as he could. 

Taehyung made an expression, jumped off the bed and went to Jungkook. He took Jungkook’s hand and gently pulled him along him to the bed. 

Jungkook didn’t put much of a fight, making excuses to himself such as he was tired and there would be no reasoning with Taehyung. But he wanted it and he knew it deep in his mind. 

They laid down, Jungkook in the middle and the others from the sides.  

“We were talking about hand size, look at how small Jimin’s are.” Taehyung put his head on Jungkook’s shoulder. His low chuckling made Jungkook shiver.  

Jungkook took Jimin’s hand, he held it, intertwined fingers with it. Jimin’s hands were soft.  

They laid there together, taking in each other’s smell, looks, voices. They expected to be gone by the morning. They didn’t know when they would see each other again. 

Jungkook was the last one to fall asleep. Not wanting to leave this pure and sweet world. It made him warm and happy. 

 

*** 
 

Taehyung opened his eyes. Bright sun rays making him groan, he felt sleepy. He turned to the side, just to be met with Jungkook’s sleeping face. Jimin tossed his arm over, hitting Jungkook’s face. 

A realisation hit him. 

They were all still here.