Chapter 12

Worlds

Taehyung let the two run away to get their ice cream. He went to his new found friends – group of children.  

They decided to play hide and seek and since Taehyung lost rock, paper scissors so he was it. 

After counting to 100 Taehyung shouted out a warning that he's beginning his search.  

 After finding few kids it became a bit difficult to find the others. Taehyung silently approached a corner which seemed a perfect place to hide.  

Taehyung snuck a peek at the place, it wasn't empty, but instead of a child there was a rabbit. 

It was the white Rabbit. His little bow tie crooked and eyes scared. Taehyung stepped back, he was so taken aback he didn't notice there was a girl behind him. 

Taehyung accidentally pushed her in the pool, his reflexes were faster than his brain and he quickly caught the girl's hand without realizing what was happening. 

He pulled the girl towards himself into his arms. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to." Taehyung made his best puppy face making the girl blush. 

"It's okay..." The girl silently whispered. 

Taehyung smiled at her and quickly turned back to the corner. 

The rabbit was gone. 

Taehyung ruffled his hair, maybe it was just imagination, it's still hard to come to terms with the news about Red, maybe it just affected him a bit too much. 

Taehyung found a girl from the kid group and told her he didn't want to play anymore. He went on looking for Jimin or Jungkook or both, he really needed a hug. 

Taehyung felt scared every time he thought about the forest, he didn't want to go back, he was too scared to lose something more. 

But what was there to lose more, he already lost his family, friends. 

The only thing he's afraid of losing now was Jimin and Jungkook, because there was nothing else for him. 

Taehyung saw the boys near the ice cream stand, he was ready to run and jump on them (not considering the possibility of accidentally killing one of them in the process).  

He saw Red. 

Red stood there, in front of him unmoving. Taehyung dropped to his knees, seeing the red flower still tangled in the wolf's hair made his heart twist. 

"Red..." His hands were shaking as he tried to caress Red's fur. 

The wolf in front of him disappeared like the wind. Taehyung let out a sob, he started running towards Jungkook and Jimin with tears streaming down his face. 

He could swear he ran for the longest time, but the boys only seemed to only get further, not closer. 

Taehyung panicked, he felt like some kind of nightmare. He stopped in one place and looked around.  

Suddenly a realization came to him. 

It's fake. Everything seemed like it stopped in time. 

"What's fake?" Taehyung asked himself out loud. 

"Everything is." A voice resounded in his head. 

Taehyung shivered. He suddenly saw some sort of vision, a memory? 

A boy sat in front of Taehyung crying. Taehyung sat on a bed completely still with a blank face. 

The boy cried holding his hands. Taehyung couldn't make out what he was saying, he heard words like: help, friend, love, disappear. 

One fraze was clear and resounded in his ears, making Taehyung feel like he was breaking. 

"...lost it. Taehyung don’t live in a dream, come back to reality,” The boy looked at him "Please." 

Taehyung closed his eyes. 

*** 

 "Jungkook" Jimin whispered into his ear. 

"Hmm."  

"Do you think we will ever go back to our own worlds?"  

"I don't know," Jungkook lifted his head from the pillow to turn his head and look at Jimin "It's been 5 months, do you miss it?" 

Those 5 months brought Jimin and Jungkook closer than ever. 

"No, there is nothing..." Jimin though about Yoongi "Almost nothing there for me." 

Jungkook turned around so he could cuddle his head into Jimin's chest "Yeah, same here." 

There was a silent moment and Jimin thought Jungkook fell asleep. He could feel his eyes tearing up. 

"Do you think Taehyung will come back or will you disappear just like him?" 

Jungkook kissed Jimins temples, then his nose and eyes. 

"I'm not going anywhere and I'm sure he will and then we will have an awesome ." Jungkook said half-jokingly. 

Jimin smiled through the tears.  

He bit into Jungkook's shoulder making him scream more in surprise than pain. 

"Liar," Jimin thought "The last time you said that I disappeared." words left unspoken. 

 

*** 

 

Taehyung woke up in a dark room, warmly cuddled up in a bed. He blinked a few times to adjust his vision.   

The room was big, there was a writing table and a lot of bookcases and shelves. There was a pile of clothes on the floor near his bed. 

Taehyung stood up. The curtains were closed, but when he peeked through them it was dark so he didn't bother opening them. 

Taehyung was still not sure where he was, but everything looked so nostalgic. His hands were shaking slightly. The stuff that happened at the pool seemed like they happened so long ago, but he felt squeezing sensation in his heart. 

 Taehyung touched the hardwood study table, it had many small scratches but it felt like the table was dear to him. 

He went over to the bookshelves, there was an entire section dedicated to a writer V.  

Taehyung looked up at the shelves full of awards for a writer V. "Novel of the year", "Best fantasy novel" and many more. 

Taehyung's arms seemed to know what to look for and he opened a drawer, inside there was a single album. Taehyung took the album looking at the cover. 

Kim Taehyung - written in bold letters on the cover. 

"Me." Taehyung whispered slightly confused. He turned around to and tried walking back to bed with this album, but his sweater caught in the drawer and when he moved the whole shelf came stumbling down. 

Taehyung had his fast reflexes to thank again, he caught the shelf by it's sides and stopped it from falling. Most books fell down heavily and loudly and some hit Taehyung's face while falling from shelves. 

Suddenly a guy with pj's and a pan burst into the room shouting something like "You won't hurt my precious Taehyung," and "I have a pan." 

The guy looked at Taehyung, it took him a moment to understand who it was. The guy's eyes widened and he dropped the pan to the floor with mouth wide open. 

Taehyung stood in his awkward position still holding up the shelf, he felt like a burglar caught in act. 

Few awkward and silent moments passed. 

"Please help." Taehyung said with a small voice. 

The guy jumped in his place, like it was a huge surprise to hear Taehyung's voice. 

"Oh... right... sorry." he mumbled and came to help Taehyung out. 

They silently put the books back where they were.  

When they were done the guy held Taehyung's sleve and led him to the kitchen. He made them both tea and sat in front of Taehyung. 

"So... You're back? I guess?" The guy said carefully. 

Taehyung remaind silent, he drank his tea and looked at the boy carefully, not really knowing what to say. 

"Do you know who I am?" The guy tried again. 

Taehyung looked at the boy closely, his features resembled Hope, but there was a small voice at the back of his head screaming a name... 

"Ho-hoseok." Taehyung let out the name unsure of anything.  

Hoseok smiled wildly his features scrunching up as tears started pouring down his face. He stood up and hugged Taehyung. 

"Taehyung, you're here, you're really here!" 

Ah... That's right Hoseok, he's Taehyung's best friend, he was the one in the vision. He's the one Taehyung loved the most, his family. 

Taehyung started crying without even realizing it. It seemed like something was coming back to him, he wasn't sure if it was a good thing. 

"Taehyung can you tell me what happened to you?" 

"What happened to me?" 

"You don't know?" Hoseok smiled sadly "Do you remember anything about this place?" 

"I... I know this is my house, I know your name and that you're my best friend... but everything else is fuzzy and... difficult..." Taehyung confessed. 

Hoseok nodded understandingly "I'll help you, come". 

He led Taehyung to the couch taking the album Taehyung was still clutching in his arms.  

They opened the album. 

 

*** 

 

10 years ago 

"Namjoon hyung, I want to write a book." a small 15 year old boy said to his upperclassmen grinning at him. 

Namjoon looked at the boy scepticly "You're too dumb for that, who even gave you the idea?" 

"Hoseok thinks it's a great idea!" Taehyung fiddled with his jacket before sitting next to Namjoon on the grass "I'm not denying, I'm not the smartest person, but there is so much going on in my head, if I could realize the ideas, I think it would be fun." 

Namjoon hummed "If you say so". 

 

*** 

 

That was the first memory that resurfaced when Taehyung saw the picture of him and Namjoon on the first page of the album. 

"Taehyung you published your first book at the age of 17. You were still a cute high schooler back then, so the editorial had to give you a nickname. You chose V because it was cool and mysterious and you said that you put a lot of effort in thinking about it, it meant victory." 

Taehyung could vaguely remember throwing a dart at the alphabet. 

"Your book blew up, it was extraordinary. You became a multi-millionaire in the span of 4 months! You were the same cheery kid, you wrote more books, more novels and you were so happy realizing the worlds you were creating in your head." 

"At 21 something changed, your health deteriorated, you weren't taking care of yourself. I then moved in to live with you just to take care of you. I was just a psychology student back that so didn't really understand what was happening." Hoseok looked sadly at the floor. 

"It was too late when I realized you were closing off. At 22 you stopped responding." 

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. He remembered.  

It was pure happiness to create for him, it was fun. But as the years went by the books he created started to seem more appealing than real life. He had money, he had fame, he had friends, he had everything, but it was no fun. 

Taehyung started reading his own book and immersing himself in his own mind. He remembered how he would spend 3 days without eating just imagining himself in the world in his mind. 

"How... how long was I unresponsive?"  

"3 years." 

Taehyung swalowed hard, he's been living in his mind for 3 years. 

"And how did I survive?" Taehyung remembered forgetting basic needs when he would close of in his world. 

"After the day you stopped responding you did your tasks every day. You ate when you felt hungry, bathed yourself even went shopping for clothes! Everything was done. But you were just like a corpse. You didn't respond to anyone, you sat most of the time on the sofa and that's it." 

Taehyung let out a shaky sigh. If he was living in his mind, did that mean that... Jimin and Jungkook were never real? Just a part of his expansive imagination? 

Taehyung wanted to scream, he wanted to run, but he just sat there looking at Hoseok fingers intervined with his own. 

"Could you tell me what you did those 3 years?" He inquired. 

Taehyung cleared up his mind, maybe telling Hoseok his life in his world would help himself understand more. 

Taehyung started telling about the forest and his life besides the wolf tribe. He felt nothing, like it was just a story and not his own life. 

After a long story and few questions, Hoseok decided it was time for a break. 

Taehyung told him almost everything, except the bit about transporting to more modern world. 

It was 6 a.m, Hoseok was making the 3rd cup of tea when they heard a loud noise that sounded like an alarm clock. 

"," Hoseok cursed "I forgot to make breakfast, it's already morning." 

Taehyung stood up and went to Hoseok a bit confused by the commotion"What is it?" 

"Ah..." Hoseok chuckled awkardly "I actually moved in few more of my patients that require care here, both of them are like you... closed off... They don't cause any trouble and one even goes to college!" 

Hoseok started fiddling in the kitchen. He kept mumbling something about the other people living here. 

Taehyung felt unsure of anything, he had these memories of this life and they were so real it hurt.  

"Ah, I can't wait to tell Namjoon you are …. back to normal. You can't imagine how stressed he was about you," Hoseok cracked a few eggs into the pan "You must be hungry too! Eggs are okay, right?" 

"Taehyung are you listening?" 

Taehyung wasn't listening. He was looking at the boy that just left his room. 

There he was, walking down the hallway towards Taehyung. 

Messy blonde hair fit the boy, it made him look different. 

Different from what Taehyung was used to seeing. Different from the usual tangerine orange. 

Jimin was blonde.