Chapter 13

Worlds

"Taehyung? Are you okay? Are you unwell?" Hoseok moved a bit closer to Taehyung to see what was he looking at so surprised.

Taehyung's eyes were wide and full of disbelief, he held his breath. Jimin was walking straight to him.

"Ji-Jimin?" He stuttered a bit.

The blond boy did not react at all, he was looking straight at Taehyung, but he realized. Jimin wasn't looking at Taehyung, he was looking through him.

It made shivers run down his spine.

Jimin walked passed Taehyung and sat down at the table, taking a glass with water on it and drinking it.

Hoseok scurried beside Taehyung, hurrying to serve eggs to Jimin.

Taehyung just stared, he wasn't sure what to do, but he understood what was going on.

Jimin's eyes held no emotion or shine, like it did in his, no, their world. He was just like Taehyung, ignoring life around him, carrying on with his daily life while really living in his mind.

Taehyung put a hand on Jimin's shoulder, squeezing it a bit "Jimin?" Question came out as barely as a whisper.

Jimin didn't turn around, flinch or react in any way, he just sat eating his eggs. Jimin wasn't really here.

"Taehyung, this is Jimin... as you apparently know already," Hoseok pointed at the boy "He studies economy and is top in his class, but he's just like you, living, but not really."

Taehyung bit his lip hard, Jimin was here, but that didn't mean that he knew who Taehyung was. Actually, it didn't mean anything and it made anxiety gather up inside of him.

"Why is he like this?"

"I don't really know, I know that he hated what he was doing and wanted freedom. Um.. he's a rich heir and I think his parents denied his dreams, so he ended up... broken, but still trying to accomplish his parents wishes."

"How?" Taehyung was getting exhausted just by looking at Jimin.

"He still goes to university and studies economy."

"If he's trying to do what his parents want him to do, then why does he live here?"

"His parents came to my professor to 'fix' Jimin, but there was nothing we could do," Hoseok frowned "After that, his parents said that he was getting on their nerves being like that, that he wasn't needed in the house until he finished college."

"My professor knew about situation with you- ah and don't worry no one knows about it except few closest and most reliable people!" Hoseok reasured "So the professor suggested me to take him in, he thought it might be a good therapy for him and you both. So here he is."

Taehyung silently watched Jimin finish the last bits of his breakfast, get up, take his bag and casualty walk through the door.

"Is it okay? To just let him go I mean?" Taehyung sat down heavily on the couch.

"Yeah, he is special from the 3 of you. He manages to take care of himself more and he absorbs information from the outside well without disturbing his shut down. If I was told someone out you all would wake up then I would guess it would be him, since he is so in 'touch' with the world compared to you."

Taehyung lifted his eyes up from the floor "3?"

"There is one more-"

"Jungkook?" Taehyung's eyes shined with hope.

"Yes, Jeon Jungkook, another rich kid. His parents knew about me from Jimin's. They contacted me and asked to take care of their kid."

"I-is something wrong with him?"

"Well he's just like you and Jimin, he's unresponsive. But his situation is a bit complicated."

"How?" Taehyung was very intent on finding out everything about the boys. His world with them could not have been just a lie, maybe they connected somehow? Maybe power of voodoo or some other . Taehyung didn't care for an explanation, he knew it wasn't all fake. It just couldn't be.

Hoseok sighed "Taehyung why do you care? Eat." he put scrambled eggs in front of the boy.

The eggs were well done, just like Taehyung liked. He swallowed his gathering salvia, momentarily forgetting the questions that were forming in his head before.

One bite made Taehyung groan in pleasure. He didn't remember the last time food felt so good and real for that matter.

Hoseok smiled at his best friend, who was now stuffing his face with food.

"Don't eat so fast, you will choke."

"I won't ch-" Taehyung started coughing as he choked on the food.

Hoseok chuckled "You really never change," small smile played on his lips, but his eyes were had worry in them "Will you tell me? Why you ask so much about the boys?"

"Ah...." Taehyung cleared his throat "About that..."

Taehyung started talking, he told Hoseok about how he transported to a modern world, how he lived with Jimin and Jungkook. He excluded the part of them dating, that's just weird even in Taehyung's perspective.

"Huh... Weird, even if you did register their existence somehow unconsciously and used them as models for new characters in your world, it would still make no sense." Hoseok debated with himself out loud "I know a bit about their personalities and the stories, the little things match, the accuracy is just scary. But maybe there was times when something like that was mentioned or you observed them somehow... I don't know, but it's quite interesting."

The room was filled with silence for a few moments when Taehyung spoke up.

"What details are similar?"

"Jimin is a dancer and you told me he liked dancing in his own world and the one you were in together. With Jungkook, well..."

"What?"

"Jungkook's parents are rich, but they never expected him to take over, or at least that's what I heard. They didn't support his dream of becoming a musician, but didn't deny him of it," Hoseok stopped to think for a moment "I think he had little shows here and there, also was a music major. I heard that his songs were amazing, but he didn't get much recognition because he had no promotions or anything like that..."

"Jungkook got into drugs. He found some bad friends and he wanted to run away from life, one thing led to another and he fell hard into drugs," Hoseok leaned closer to Taehyung as if sharing some kind of secret "I heard that he slept around with his drug dealer."

Taehyung scofed, he wanted to say Jungkook wasn't like that, but he couldn't, because he never knew Jungkook of this world and who knows if he even knew Jungkook of that world.

"I... I first dismissed it as a rumor," Hoseok stated as if to justify himself "But his drug dealer kept visiting even after Jungkook became unresponsive."

"What?!" Taehyung jumped in his seat.

"Well first of all, Jungkook's parents closed Jungkook in a rehabilitation center 4 times, he would come back out all ready to be clean, but Jack, that bastard dealer would pull him in again. After the 4th time though, Jungkook ran away for a week."
"A week?"
"Yeah, short time, but after he came back he started closing off, I can't tell you why or how he was feeling, because I just don't know, but he closed off and his parents tried treating him for a year, but nothing helped and then they found me."

Hoseok huffed as if tired from talking for so long "Anyway, originally you and Jimin lived with me in my apartment, but after Jungkook came, his drug dealer would come visit a lot. And at first he said he was his friend and just wanted to be with Jungkook, so that's why I let him come."

Taehyung was listening intently, he had no idea that kind of stuff happened in real life, it was just like some kind of movie.

"Jack was his name, he was gentle with Jungkook, would talk to him, care for him. I thought it was cute, that was until I came in when he tried talking Jungkook to take ecstasy," Hoseok sighed "I threw him out, called Jungkook's parents and told them about him, they confirmed he was a dealer. I told him not to come back... but of course he did, he even tried to climb into through the window for god's sake."

"Seriously, is that why you moved here?" Since Taehyung's home was a penthouse the entrance was protected by security 24/7.

"Yeah, I didn't use your money though, I get paid by the boys parents so I use that money for food, utilities and other necessities."

"What? Why? I'm rich as hell," Taehyung made a face "You're too kind you know, I'll have to pay you back somehow now. I mean you always spent even the last cents you had just to buy me lunch when my finances weren't great, but you're just an idiot. If you haven't noticed there's no need for that, since you know I'M RICH."

Hoseok smiled so brightly it was like looking at the sun "You remember our younger days together, I'm so happy you're back Taehyungie, you can't imagine."

Taehyung sighed "You dumb puppy, I could never forget you." he spoke carelessly considering the fact he did forget him, and matter of factly, for whole 3 years.

 

***

 

"JEON JUNGKOOK," Jimin screeched loudly "Give my blanket back right now."

Jimin was standing in his pj's looking at Jungkook as if he had just burnt down his kitchen.

"This blanket is shared property, you used it earlier today and now it's my turn."

"It. Is. MY BLANKET!" Jimin's voice kept rising.

"No, it's not." Jungkook was laying on the sofa cuddled up in soft blue baby blanket.

"You know Taehyung bought it because it was cute and he let ME use it NOT YOU."

Jungkook sat up still clutching onto the blanket tightly in case Jimin would just grab it.

"Okay, first of all, I know Taehyung would let me use it too. Secondly, he bought it with my money."

"Oh yeah yeah, tell me more about the money that never ends and you never earned."

Jungkook frowned "I'm not giving you the blanket."

"Why?" Jimin stomped in place with a whine like a child.

There was a short silence, Jimin could see Jungkook's eyes dart around as if trying to find an excuse.

"Aha," Jimin grinned "You don't really need it, you just want to annoy me you bastard. Now give me my blanket, I can't sleep without it."

"I...No, I won't." Jungkook ploped back on his back.

"What the hell Jungkook?" Jimin was no longer amused.

"Go away Jimmy."

Jimin's eyes widened in horror "Oh you did not just call me that!" he felt like stabbing Jungkook with a pen that was conveniently laying on the table "Now be a good kid and apologize, I was born first you know, have some respect."

"Whatever Jiminey."

"That's it, I can't be with you anymore, we are breaking up and you sleep on the couch." Jimin squinted his eyes judgingly "With my blanket."

Jimin stormed off to the bedroom, jumping on the bed and flailing around a bit from anger.

"Whatever, have the blanket, I don't care, he's just acting childish, I was the bigger person to give up... I hope he chokes on that blanket." he kept murmuring into his pillow until sleep took over his body.

The other room was filled only by TV noises. Jungkook was still wrapped in the blanket. He regretted picking a fight with the impulsive midget, but he was boiling inside.

Why was he angry? He had no idea, but he felt like he won something great by taking the blanket.

And why should he sleep on the couch, Jimin should be the one to sleep on it. Jungkook jumped up to go argue a bit more, but as he was stomping to their shared bedroom, he realized this was no longer their apartment.

Sudden change hit Jungkook hard, he jumped back and started looking around. He was back in his apartment, in his rock star apartment.

Jungkook looked around with wide eyes, not moving a muscle. It was so weird seeing this place for what it seemed to be the first time in half a year.

"Eh? Jungkook? I thought you were napping on the couch, I'm still not finished with dinner... Um... I didn't know you had a baby blanket, it's...it's cute." Jack was starting at Jungkook standing in a weird position with only a shirt and boxers.

Jungkook blushed at the word cute, he had forgotten that Jack kind of moved in with him last time. He felt embarrassment just raising up the more time passed.

"Calm down, you're a cool rock star that has a wild life." Jungkook calmed himself mentally for a moment.

"W-w-whatever." Jungkook stamered out before quickly stomping away to his room.