Chapter 18

Worlds

"What?" Jimin couldn't believe what he was hearing. 

"Jimin your problem is psychological," Hoseok said again "After your injury they confirmed that you healed completely, but after that doctor said you can't dance anymore and probably due to your parents pressuring, you felt pain in your leg, but it was psychological. You were blocking yourself!" 

"But how did you..." Jimin frowned, not finishing his question. 

"I analysed your medical files," he looked at Taehyung "That brat texted me at 5a.m. if I could investigate, it took me half a day, but it was worth it. Jimin with some therapy you can dance again!" Hoseok smiled, honestly happy for Jimin. 

Jimin didn't know what to say, he looked at Taehyung who was grinning at him. 

"Good for you, sunshine." 

Jimin broke down on the spot, maybe it wasn't so bad that he woke up.  

*** 

Jungkook felt like he was in a nightmare.  

He spent 3 days in their shared apartment all alone and then he was transported back into his own world. 

He woke up in a park midday. It was empty. 

Jungkook went back to his apartment.  

Jennie opened the door for him. 

"You're back." 

"I am." 

"Will you leave again?" 

Jungkook answered without thinking "No." 

"Good, because you can't leave anymore." Jennie turned to kitchen "I'm making spaghetti." 

Jungkook didn't know what to say. He stood near the door, the apartment seemed huge. 

"Jungkook, come here." Jack suddenly popped up from another room and sat on the couch. His dementor was different than usual. But Jungkook ignored it and sat down next to him. 

"I know what happened." Jack smiled, or was it more like a smirk, Jungkook didn't understand the sudden change. 

"Okay." Jungkook didn't know else to answer. 

"Now you can't leave and I won't leave because you won't be able to live without me." 

He was saying the same thing as Jennie. Jungkook shivered, he felt a nostalgic vibe, but he couldn't remember where he had heard it before. 

Jennie left few hours later and Jungkook started feeling vulnerable. Jack was acting differently and Jungkook didn’t know what to do, he felt... weak. 

Jungkook didn't want anyone else to leave. 

*** 

Jungkook couldn't sleep. He was thinking. It was painfully obvious now that the time he spent with Jimin and Taehyung was the best in his life. 

But did he deserve it? Jungkook now knew why he cried so easily and reacted so emotionally. 

He wasn't stable and he could feel it down to his bones, he felt like he was going insane, like he was trapped here. 

Jack was sleeping next to him. He was using Jungkook. He made Jungkook do stuff he didn't want to, he made Jungkook feel disgusting, he kept repeating that Jungkook was alone without him. 

And Jungkook knew that this was all wrong, but Jack was right. Jungkook was alone and he didn't want to be. 

Some nights Jungkook had nightmares where he was in some kind of basement doing drugs with Jack. The stuff they did was horrible, Jungkook could see his hands so skinny, his face basically a skeleton. 

He looked like a corpse. 

But it was all a dream, that's what he told himself, because Jack never did any drugs... 

Jungkook doesn't count the days that pass. He felt cornered, like he's on a border of going insane.  

He didn't understand the world anymore. Jack kept threatening to leave and Jungkook kept doing everything he could so he didn't. 

It's tiring.  

*** 

Jimin feels weird, the real world is just weird. He doesn't feel like he's dreaming anymore but he's in a dream like world. 

He's been going to therapy and he can dance a bit, he's having progress.  

Taehyung supports him and takes better care of him than anyone ever did. He feels loved, he feels good. 

The only problem was Jungkook.  

Jimin got used to it, he got used to coming home and having Jungkook look like a doll, just staring blankly. 

It was painful. He wanted Jungkook to be here too, he wanted to shout at him that creating a world in your mind wasn't an escape. 

Life was hard, but there was always something that he could do. Jimin and Taehyung were happy together and Jimin wanted to let Jungkook know that they would always be there for him. 

But nothing worked, you could talk to Jungkook, scream, but he never responded. 

Jimin felt useless when he was with him. 

Taehyung, however, never gave up. Every day he would try out new ideas to draw out Jungkook. To make him respond. 

But he never did, actually it seemed like Jungkook started to regress. He stopped eating regularly and slept more than always. 

Even when Jungkook wasn't there time was moving forward and it seemed like everything was abandoning Jungkook. 

But Jimin and Taehyung promised never to give up. 

Life continued, getting only better and more fulfilling for Jimin and Taehyung. 

But Jungkook didn’t respond. 

*** 

Jungkook was sitting alone in the apartment. He couldn't remember the last time he ate or did anything at all. 

It's been a week since he last saw Jack, he just left without a word.  

He had no energy to move, he just sat on his bed hugging his legs close.  

It's been a long time since he became like that. Jungkook didn't count the days, at some point he just stopped functioning. 

He was waiting for an end. It sounded grim, but that's all he could do. 

A sudden door bell ringing woke up Jungkook from his trance. It took a while to get up and move, but few minutes later he was already opening the door. 

Jennie stood with a serious expression.  

Jungkook smiled, maybe he was expecting something from this visit, or maybe he just wanted some comfort from finally not being alone. 

"Come in," Jungkook led Jennie to the sofa "What brings you here." 

Jennie didn't show any expression she just looked at him blankly "I'm here to talk." 

Jungkook welcomed any chance to talk, he felt like he hadn't had any real human contact in a while, so he ignored the grim dementor. 

"Jungkook do you feel okay?" Jennie asked right away. 

"I'm... okay I guess, why?" 

"Do you feel happy?" Jennie ignored his question. 

"Why do you ask?" 

"What do you want?" Jennie kept ignoring Jungkook's questions. 

Jungkook stopped to think. What he wanted? Right now? More than anything? 

"I want Jimin and Taehyung... I want to be together with them?" Jungkook almost expected Jennie to ask who they were, but she didn't. 

"I see." Jennie stood up and started heading to the door. 

Jungkook wanted to stop her but he couldn't, he knew she would leave anyway.  

Jennie stopped briefly in front of the door and turned her head to Jungkook. 

"Did you ever think about your life?" She smiled "Did you ever notice the glitches?" 

Jungkook cocked his head to the side like a confused puppy. Glitch? Did she mean the time traveling? 

"You dumb puppy, you never noticed?" 

"Noticed what?" Jungkook finally asked "Tell me." 

"Did you ever have withdrawal?" Jennie left shortly after saying that. 

Withdrawal... from drugs. That's right, why did he quit so easily, it was so hard the few last times. 

Few last times? 

Jungkook felt his world collapsing, has he gone crazy? His memories aren't matching. Did he dream? 

No, this didn't make sense. 

How didn't he notice before? 

It was so obvious.  

This is the end. 

*** 

Taehyung was sitting in the balcony. He was finally finishing his newest book. 

What he went through was magical, something that normal person wouldn't believe, nonetheless, it was imaginative. So, Taehyung turned it to a book. 

His experience, Jimin's experience and even Jungkook's, combined made quite a book. However, Taehyung had a hard time coming up with the ending. 

Good endings were Taehyung's forte, but in this situation, he couldn't think of one. 

After all, Jungkook, even after all these years was still living in his mind. Even after 3 years things didn't change. 

Jungkook was sitting on the balcony ground in the corner. It seemed like he found it most comfortable. His dead look was directed to the inside of the apartment. 

Taehyung led him here, sun was good for him and Taehyung liked writing outside. 

It was midday, few more hours before Jimin comes back from dance practice. It took him years before he could properly dance again. But it worked and now he was even teaching a dance class. 

Jimin had dark times, when he would panic, he wanted to go back to his world, but Taehyung was always there for him, they pulled though together. Now everything felt peaceful. 

Jimin's family was quick to intervene, to demand that he comes back and studies economy. But he with Taehyung's support finally became independent from his family. He could finally do what he wanted and he felt happy. 

They felt happy together. 

Hoseok moved out soon after Jimin 'woke up'. He knew they could look after themselves and he was ready to help. But he finally got to work in a hospital, like he dreamed of. He didn't need to take care of his friends anymore. 

Everything seemed like it came to an end. Like finally they came to a calm and happy life together.  

Jungkook left the only unfinished end.  

Taehyung looked at the boy sitting next to flower pot. He seemed beyond damaged. It seemed like he regressed further and further into his condition. 

Jungkook was like a lifeless doll. 

*** 

They were having dinner. Jimin was like always tired after his dance lessons. Even if it was tiring he still excitedly told Taehyung about his day. 

"What did you do?" Jimin asked while feeding Jungkook, who stopped eating at all if no one was forcing him to. 

"I'm almost finished with my book, but I'm not sure, about the ending...I just have no ideas..." 

Jimin smiled "I just hope it's a good one." 

Taehyung smiled back, he had hoped so too. 

"How's Yoongi, he hasn't called me in a while?" Jimin frowned. 

"He's working, said he will come over some time with some wine." Taehyung answered casually. 

"This is pissing me off, why the hell is he calling you and not me! I was his friend first!" 

"Yoongi is shy around you, give him a break." Taehyung laughed amused at Jimin's cute frown. 

"Fine." 

Since Jimin had a day off the next day, they decided to stay up late. They took a shower together that too longer that it should have for a shower. 

And finally, they cuddled up in a blanket with a movie playing on the TV. They weren't really watching the movie, they enjoyed each other's warmth under the blanket. 

After half a movie passed Jimin started getting frustrated that Taehyung kept hogging the blanket. 

"Seriously Tae, stop I want the blanket too, you can come closer if you want." 

"I'm already close enough! I want the blanket too! I'm not hogging, half of my side is not covered!" 

"Well it seems like we can't share a blanket, I'm going to take another one then." Jimin looked at Taehyung challengingly. 

"Don't you dare, we agreed, one blanket!" 

"Hmph, it's your fault that we can't share!" Jimin looked at the TV disappointingly. 

"Jimin this is not like us!" Taehyung said dramatically, it started becoming a hyperbolized drama scene. 

"You can't tell me what to do!" Jimin caught up with this hilarious act. 

"Well I would like that blanket too." 

Silence fell on the room. Taehyung and Jimin turned to the sofa that Jungkook sat on. 

There were tears on his face "I could really use a blanket." Jungkook sobbed out. 

Jungkook was finally smiling. 


And this is the end! Thank you so much for reading!