Chapter 10

Worlds

Taehyung woke up the same place he was before in the forest. It was still pouring and his whole body was drenched.  

The tree where the rabbit lived was there right next to him. Taehyung touched it. 

Yes, he was looking for clues and then he lived with Jungkook and Jimin and then… he confessed. A blush crept on Taehyung’s cheeks, he was just so overcome with emotion at that moment. 

But he didn’t regret it, it was something he really meant. 

Taehyung stood up and started carefully threading through the forest. He couldn’t see or hear anything because of the downpour. 

Power! His power made things easier in these kind of situations, he could just make an umbrella like barrier. Taehyung concentrated…it wasn’t working. He couldn’t use his power, and before it was just like moving a finger. 

Taehyung felt confused but his body started getting colder so he moved towards the camp. 

The camp seemed… different, there weren’t many animals and there were a lot more humans. The atmosphere was sullen. 

Taehyung started looking for Red, she could help him, she knew a lot and could always calm Taehyung down. She was like a mother to him after all. 

Before long Taehyung ran into Hope, last time Red told him she was his best friend, not Rabbit. Hope smiled at him kindly and Taehyung followed her into a tent. 

“Where were you Tae? You were gone for three hours,” Hope looked for something to warm Taehyung up “Aren’t you cold?” 

“Hmm… I’m okay,” goofy smiled spread on his face “Hey do you know where’s Red, I can’t seem to find her? Also, my power is acting up and where are all the animals? And all that rabbit stuff - ” Taehyung rambled until he saw Hopes sceptic look. 

“Taehyung… I don’t know where to start. Did you hit your head on the way here? Or did you dream?” Hope sighed and sat Taehyung down on a stool nearby checking his temperature “You’re not feverish. Now tell me what power and what rabbit, animals?” 

Taehyung concentrated for a moment, after living in the other world his world seemed more like a movie or a book, so he tried thinking of a way to explain and don't sound stupid. 

“Rabbit, the white one, just disappeared he was my best friend, power the one I use to lift stuff up and move them around without moving a muscle and animals? The birds and wolfs, none of them said hi to me.” 

Hope seemed taken aback “You know animals don’t talk, right?” 

Taehyung fell silent and Hope continued “What power? Did you have a dream or something? There’s no such things and sorry, but I lived my whole life with you and I don’t know about this Rabbit.” 

Taehyung grew frustrated, he didn’t care what Hope had to say anymore, it made no sense.  

“Just tell me where Red is.” Taehyung deadpanned. 

“Are you kidding? Is this some sick joke?” Hope seemed almost angry “Taehyung, grandma Red died 5 years ago. You talk as if this is some kind of fantasy world, stop Red isn’t coming back, I know you miss her, I do too!” 

Hope’s eyes were watery and Taehyung felt streams of warm droplets running down his cheeks.  

“Y-y-you’re lying! I talked with Red… just recently…She’s like my mother, she wouldn’t leave just like that.” Taehyung was breaking down; the pain was clear on his face. 

Hope looked at Taehyung with pity. “You finally lost it. Taehyung don’t live in a dream, come back to reality!”  

At that moment, the same words resounded in Taehyung’s head with another voice. It was like there was some one near him whispering those words. 

Taehyung shook his head, everything seemed blurry. He started running, but he didn’t go far. He tripped over himself and fell into mud, loud, strangled sobs left his body with twitches. 

He flipped on his back and let the rain wash him, it took Taehyung a moment of closed eyes to find himself back at the apartment. He was laying on the floor, still teary eyes darted through the room and Taehyung saw Jungkook cuddled up the sofa, sleeping probably. 

Taehyung didn’t know what to do, his brain wasn’t working, he let out a strangled cry like a hurt animal and Jungkook quickly opened his eyes. 

It looked like he just now realized where he was, his eyes quickly focused on Taehyung. The younger boy jumped up and ran up to Taehyung, lifted him up off the floor into sitting position and hugged him tightly. 

Jimin ran into the room with a panicked expression. 

 

* * *  

 

„So, this Red perso-, I mean wolf is gone?” Jungkook asked carefully Taehyung’s hand. The boy only nodded hugging his legs closer to him body. 

“Taehyung… I don’t know what to say.” Jimin hugged Taehyung again for the nth time in the past hour. 

Taehyung cried a lot at first, then the other two managed to calm him down a bit. They dried his hair and made him change out of his wet clothes. After some tea, Taehyung spoke up and told the boys what happened. 

Jimin who was just now so happy to be back was now hurting, it made Jimin feel as if his heart was stabbed over and over again because Taehyung was sad. He wanted to do something about it but didn’t know what. 

"Jungkook how did you get here or more like when?" he finaly asked in an atempt to distract the boys a bit. 

„Oh, I actually spent 4 months in my ... world and I was sitting on the couch dozing off when I suddenly heard Taehyung sobbing…” 

“I see…” 

The silence was sickening. Suddenly a loud grumble was heard and Taehyung hid his face in his hands, but others noticed a pink blush on his cheeks. 

“Awww, you’re hungry!” Jimin giggled taking Taehyung’s hand “Let’s go baby I’ll cook something for you.” 

“I…I’ll go to a shop,” Jungkook looked down and Jimin shoot him a worried look “I’ll be back soon, there’s something I want to buy.” he nodded before running out. 

Jimin cooked a simple meal. Some spaghetti with creamy sauce. Taehyung was at first walking around holding Jimin’s shirt, like he was afraid to lose him. After some time, he became more comfortable and latched himself on Jimin’s back, hugging him tightly. 

It wasn’t comfortable for cooking, but Jimin didn’t mind. They were setting the table when Jungkook tumbled into the room.  

“What did you buy?” Jimin asked, setting the plates. 

“Wine, let’s drink today,” Jungkook pulled out 5 bottles of wine from his bag. Well he needed a lot… to get drunk. 

“Wine?” Taehyung curiously poked the black glass bottles. It was good that he was at least taking interest in something. 

Jimin frowned “I don’t like wine, Yoongi sometimes brings me some, but it tastes… bad.” 

“Don’t worry this one is delicious, I bought one that would please your sweet tooth.” Jungkook flashed a toothy smile. 

They sat down to eat and Jungkook poured everyone a glass. He immediately took a huge gulp of the wine and Taehyung following his example did the same, clenching the glass with his two hands like his life depended on it. 

Taehyung waited for the horrendous taste Jimin was talking about, but it never came.  

“This is like juice but it has something different about it!” Taehyung’s eyes sparkled and Jungkook grinned. 

After dinner, they sat down on the floor in the living room with the second bottle now open. It took only about two glasses of wine and Taehyung was flushed, giggling at everything and grinning like an idiot. 

Jungkook could swear he was already swaying after the third. Jimin drank more cautiously, he liked the taste but he knew what happed to drunk people so he was more sipping it than drinking.  

Few hours and Jimin’s cheeks had a slight blush on them. Jungkook giggled at them, they were too cute for him - a hardened alcoholic.  

Jungkook started feeling the familiar tingle as well when he decided to play some music. Jimin was feeding Taehyung candy they had found in the cupboard.  

Music was soft and comfortable, fitting the mood well. Taehyung stood up and held his hand out to Jimin. 

“Let’s dance your majesty.” 

Playful giggles resounded through the room and the two were standing with their hands intertwined.  

Jungkook plopped on the floor, a little too hard. He sat and looked at the two swaying together. They seemed a bit shy at first but soon they were hugging each other and comfortably swaying side to side to the rhythm of the music. 

He could more feel then hear the sweet whispering. Jungkook felt a hard-lump form in his throat. He was the third wheel, the unnecessary interference. It was getting hard to restrain the tears gathering in his eyes, so Jungkook stood up, hoping to leave. 

One step all it took, one step and Taehyung jumped on Jungkook almost tackling him. Taehyung laugh was deep and sent shivers down Jungkook’s spine.  

Taehyung took his hand and carefully lead him to the couch, trying not to trip in the process.  

Jungkook was seated on the couch, he kept his eyes and head low, so no one would see his forming tears. Taehyung kneeled in front of him, looking into his eyes. 

Taehyung felt so warm, Jungkook felt comfort just looking at his warm brown eyes. 

“Jungkook,” Taehyung leaned his forehead onto Jungkook’s “I love you.” he smiled widely. 

A small gasp left Jungkook, as if he wasn’t breathing until now. Warm pool of tears started rolling down his cheeks and he felt another warm hand on his, he didn’t need to look to know it’s Jimin. 

Taehyung hugged him softly but comfortably and almost encouragingly. He whispered quiet ‘I love you’s. Jungkook cried and felt so relieved and so warm his heart was about to burst. 

Taehyung pushed Jimin on the couch next to Jungkook and distanced himself a bit so he could look at them both.  

“I know I’m under influence of that,” Taehyung pointed at the empty bottle on the table “BUT I’m honest when I say, I love you both,” He scrunched his nose and started ranting “It’s the not I love you as a friend or brother kind too. I just love you both so much, okay? A-and I don’t want to choose, I want you both, I know I’m greedy, but I’ll do what you decide.” Taehyung crossed his arms and nodded so fiercely he almost toppled over. 

“Me too…” Jimin squealed out and looked at Jungkook bashfully “Me too!” he repeated louder with more determination in his voice. 

Jungkook felt warmth pool over him, he felt honestly happy, nothing mattered now and he with croaked voice whispered “I love you both too.” 

Taehyung jumped on them both pulling them into tight embrace. Laughing loudly. 

“I’m so glad, so so glad” He kept whispering. 

 

* * *  

 

The morning was bright and hot. Jungkook woke up with Taehyung’s limbs over him and Jimin nowhere in sight.  His shirt was drenched in sweat and he cursed at himself for not turning on the conditioner. 

Jungkook was wide awake, it was uncomfortable, but he didn’t want to move. He turned to the boy next to him and carefully brushed sweaty hair out of his face. 

Suddenly the embrace tightened and Taehyung’s face split into a grin.  

“Morning beautiful.” 

“Ew.” Jungkook scoffed and rolled out of bed. He headed to the kitchen for some water.  

Jimin was already in the kitchen making breakfast. Jungkook approached him and Jimin quickly pulled him into a hug with quiet good morning. Jungkook grinned like an idiot and poured himself some water. 

Breakfast was ready in no time and Jimin asked Jungkook to call Taehyung before the food gets cold. 

Jungkook went to the bedroom but Taehyung was nowhere in sight, he checked the other rooms too but he wasn’t there. Without much thought Jungkook opened the bathroom door. 

The shower water was running and Taehyung stood there in all his glory. Hands in his wet hair, water running down his toned abs, Taehyung opened one eye to look at the person who entered the room. 

Jungkook’s mouth was wide open and he was ogling the sight before him, this was the iest thing he had seen in years and as a rock star he saw quite a few y things. 

“Quit staring, you’ll make my shy. Wanna join?” Taehyung grinned lazily and Jungkook ran out of the bathroom at the speed of light followed by Taehyung’s light laughter. 

Jungkook ran to Jimin hugged him and hid his face in the crook of his neck blushing fiercely. “Stupid Taehyung.” he whispered into confused Jimin’s neck. 

Taehyung came back shirtless with just a towel hanging on his neck and a pair of shorts. He thanked Jimin for the breakfast and kissed his cheek. Jungkook saw Jimin’s face dyeing red before he ran off to shower. 

Taehyung ate in the most casual way, but Jungkook kept observing him from the couch with a dazed look. Every now and then Taehyung would catch him looking and would send him a smirk accompanied with a wink. 

Jungkook never felt more innocent in his life.