Chapter 5

Worlds

“What do you mean disappeared?!” Jungkook panicked. 

“I-I don’t know, we were eating with the money you gave us before a-a-and one moment he was there and then he was gone…” 

“Did you look for him?” 

“Yeah, but not for long, there were a lot of people and I was afraid you disappeared too, I’m glad you’re here,” Jimin looked around and sighed “Let’s look for Taehyung together.” 

Jungkook nodded immediately “Lead the way to the place you lost him.” 

Jimin hesitantly grabbed Jungkook’s hand and started running. They approached some tents and street vendors. 

They were at some sort of festival, Jungkook looked around, it would be hard to find Taehyung in this crowd. 

Jimin hugged Jungkook’s arm “I don’t think we will find him.” 

“What do you mean.” Jungkook felt Jimin’s heartbeat quicken on his arm. 

“He didn’t go anywhere, I’m sure of it, and I don’t think he would…Taehyung was there and I looked away for a second only and he disappeared,” Jimin tightened his grip “I-I don’t want that to happen again, Jungkook I don’t want you to disappear, it’s scary.” 

Jungkook swallowed hard, this was weird, if his theory is correct maybe Taehyung travelled somewhere in time again? And if he did will they travel too? 

“I promise I won’t disappear,” Jungkook took Jimin’s hand and intervened their fingers “Let’s still look for Taehyung, maybe he’s still somewhere here.” 

Jimin nodded with a determined look in his eyes. They started looking. 

One hour became two, and two became three. They looked everywhere, but there was nothing.  

It was late and the streets were almost empty, even the festival was closing.  

Jungkook felt tired, like he hadn’t slept for 3 days. Jimin must have been tired too. Jungkook turned to face Jimin to ask if he wanted to take a break. 

Jungkook froze. Jimin was staring back at him with eyes wide with fear. 

Jimin was disappearing, first his hand became less and less visible and then his whole body started becoming transparent. 

“Jungko-” Jimin wasn’t fast enough to say it.  

In the matter of seconds, he was gone. 

Jimin was gone. 

Jungkook stood there frozen. What did just happen? Every corner of his mind went blank. 

Jungkook didn’t understand anything and he didn’t understand why or where he started running. 

Huge droplets of water ran down his cheeks, it was scary, did that happen to Taehyung too? Will he disappear too? Where will he go? 

Jungkook fell and felt sharp pain in his knees. He closed his eyes. 

Loud music started trumping in his ears. Jungkook opened his eyes. 

He was at the club, he was before. There was no sign of Jimin on the dance floor. Everything was the same as before. 

There was no sign of anything happening. Just Jungkook’s wet cheeks. 

With eyes, wide as a deer he looked around. “It was a dream?” Jungkook rubbed his temples, he felt tired. 

He scanned the club with his eyes one more time.  

Jennie was dancing with Lisa, suddenly he remembered his mission. But Jungkook didn’t feel like doing anything, he wanted to go home. 

It took him a moment to decide on what to do. 

He got up and went straight for Jennie, after grabbing her hand he pulled her out of the crowd. Jungkook felt death glares from Lisa. 

“Jungkoook~ I’m having fun, don’t interrupt,” Jennie giggled “Wait, woah, did you cry? I was too good of a dancer, wasn’t I?” 

Jungkook ignored her rambling. “I’m going home, I did my part now you can do whatever” he started walking away. 

Jennie paused for a moment then grabbed his hand. “I… I’ll go home with you, okay?” she seemed anxious. 

Jungkook nodded and left the club with Jennie.  

Jennie was drunk and high on something, it didn’t make dancing hard, but it did make standing a roller-coaster apparently. 

They entered the cab Jungkook called. He told the driver Jennie’s address. 

They looked at each other when the car started moving. Jennie was about to pass out, she put her hand on Jungkook’s knee. 

“Why did you cry?”  

Jungkook didn’t answer her. 

“Are you unhappy?” she continued it like a monologue “You can’t be sad Jungkook, this world is yours, remember? You can’t be unhappy in your world.” Jennie closed her eyes and murmured “It will make others unhappy too.” 

Jungkook dismissed her speech as rambling. He laid her down, putting her head on his knee.  

The car stopped, Jungkook asked the driver to wait while he got Jennie into her apartment. He laid her into the bed and left some water beside it. He locked the door with the spare key only he had. 

Jennie was the only true friend Jungkook had. They fought a lot and never really did things for each other. But they stuck with each other and today was the first time Jungkook was considerate for her. 

It was the dreams fault. Jungkook made a mental note that this will never happen again. 

Jungkook arrived home. 

It was about midnight he dropped into his bed. His body felt heavy. 

It was all a dream, a dream that was too real.  

Jungkook felt pain in his knees. 

He fell asleep, hopping not to dream tonight. 

 

* * * 

 

Taehyung looked one last time at Jungkook, before taking Jimin’s hand and walking off to a random direction. 

Taehyung had no idea where he was walking, his tummy grumbled, he could smell food. 

Jimin curiously looked around while he let Taehyung lead the way. 

He saw a lot of thing that made him feel, like he knew them. Jimin didn’t have cars in his kingdom and Jungkook didn’t say anything about them, but Jimin knew that they were called cars. 

It just came to his head and it was weird. 

They approached some tents. Some of them had food, some games. Taehyung went straight for one with meat. 

Jimin was the one entrusted with money, because Jungkook just didn’t trust Taehyung, so he paid for the meat balls they ordered. 

They went to a table near the shop and started eating. Jimin wasn’t that hungry, even though he hadn’t eaten anything all day. Probably stress was getting to him. 

Meanwhile Taehyung ate with such a satisfied look, Jimin could swear there were stars in his eyes. 

After finishing the food, they took a walk.  

“Taehyung,” Jimin started talking without looking at him “What do you think about this whole situation?” 
“Hmm, well I have no idea what these tents are for and there is a lot of people, but the food is great, so I like it?” 

Jimin giggled “No, I mean this world, do you feel anything about it.” he hoped, he wasn’t the only one with strange nostalgia. 

“Nope, everything is strange, but I’m okay with it!” Taehyung turned his head to Jimin “And I’m having fun, I really like you and Jungkook, even though I just met you, I feel comfortable!” he sounded excited. 

Jimin smiled, Taehyung was such a sweetheart.  

Taehyung suddenly stopped and Jimin bumped into him and almost fell over, but stopped himself just in time. 

“What is that?” Taehyung looked at a pink fluffy cloud like a puppy. 

They approached the vendor and bought one. They were given the fluffy cloud on a stick. 

“I-I will try it first.” Taehyung seemed nervous. The seriousness made Jimin smile. 

Taehyung bit into the cloud and his face turned from confusion into surprise and then into a satisfied grin. 

“It’s amazing, Jimin try it!” Taehyung gave the cloud to Jimin “It’s fluffy, but then it melts and it’s sweet and and-“ 

Jimin took a bit of the pink thing into his mouth and it did taste sweet, but Taehyung’s smile was even more sweet to him that moment. 

Since when did he become so cringy. 

They walked around the festival hand in hand. They watched a strange parade, went to a place where people were singing. 

Taehyung stopped in front of a stage. There was a lot of people watching, but the stage was currently empty. 

There was a sign next to, it said: “Anyone free to enter and win a prize”. 

Taehyung put his hands on Jimin’s cheeks and squished them a little. 

“Wait a bit, I’ll be back in a second,” there was a pink tint on Taehyung’s cheeks “And I prefer you didn’t watch.” 

Jimin felt lost for a moment, he watched Taehyung get up on the stage and talk to a lady near it. 

He got into the middle of it and Jimin understood he was going to perform. He felt excitement well up. He ignored the request and focused attention to the stage. 

Sad music started playing and Taehyung started moving. He was dancing and it was like watching magic. 

Jimin was so immersed, he loved dancing, but he could never dance like this. Taehyung was like fire, it felt like watching a flame. 

It was warm.  

Jimin lost his breath. Taehyung had something, that Jimin was always denied: creativity, imagination and freedom. 

It ended fast and the huge crowd erupted into applause. Taehyung went to talk to the woman again, not sparing even a glance and Jimin. 

Jimin calmed his racing heart, when Taehyung finally approached him. He lifted up a pendant. He took Jimin’s hand and placed it in it.  

“They offered me money, but I took 3 pendants instead, it’s for us three.” Taehyung smiled. 

Jimin was at a loss for words, he just stared at the pendant in his hand. When he looked up Taehyung was still staring at him with a smile. 

Taehyung truly was warm. 

Jimin thanked him and patted his head. He could forget everything when he was with Taehyung. 

They started walking again. It was silent for a while until Taehyung remembered something. 

“Jimin did you see anything before you came here?” 
“What do you mean?” 
Taehyung was quiet for a moment “Before I came here I saw a face flash before me.” 

“Was it someone you know.” 

“Well it’s strange,” Taehyung cocked his head to the side “In my clan there is an elven girl, her name is Hope and I could swear it was her. But she was older and more like a man.” 

Jimin thought for a while. “Maybe it was a dream?” 

Taehyung nodded but still seemed a bit concerned. 

Jimin though about changing the theme “You danced really well out there.” he smirked. 

Taehyung flushed from the tips of his ears to the neck “T-thank you.” he stammered out. 

Jimin giggled at this child like man. 

They decided to start heading for the clock, if Jungkook came back early. 

“By the way, I just remembered, why did you scream my name?” Taehyung asked suddenly. 

“I screamed your name? When?” Jimin looked surprised. 

“You screamed V, that’s like my name, my grandma gave me. That’s why I approached you actually, because Jungkook looked like the guy I saw in the forest and you screamed something only grandma calls me.” Taehyung explained. 

Jimin remembered the moment Jungkook grabbed him. It’s true he saw Taehyung at that moment, but why did he scream V? It’s unnatural… 

Jimin lost in his thoughts walked for a while then turned around. 

“I don’t know Tae -”  

Taehyung wasn’t there. Jimin looked around, there were no people except him on the street.  

“Taehyung?... TAEHYUNG!” Jimin screamed on top of his lungs. Fear overtook him, Taehyung was gone. 

Jimin started running franticly to the place they were before, but there was nothing. He ran to the meat ball shop, to the fluffy cloud place and even the stage Taehyung performed in. 

Taehyung was nowhere to be found. Jimin let out a frustrated groan. 

He ran for the clock, he had to find Jungkook. 

 

* * * 

 

Taehyung looked at Jimin’s back, he looked so small and cute, but handsome at the same time. 

He wondered for a moment why was he so fond of the other 2 guys, they met just today and he was feeling…something. 

Jimin was so focused on why he called him V, Taehyung just wanted to say ‘never mind’ because it didn’t really mater. 

 Taehyung opened his mouth and everything went dark for a moment. 

Taehyung woke up in the forest. He was near the river, there was dried blood on the ground. 

Did he pass out because he lost too much blood? Taehyung got up from the ground and stared at the blood.  

So, was that all a dream? Hallucination? Taehyung didn’t want to believe that, but there was nothing more to prove otherwise, than exhaustion and his feelings. 

Taehyung stood in one place for a while, trying to replay everything that happened in his head. 

He remembered, he had to go to the rabbit. Taehyung started slowly heading towards rabbit’s house. 

Jimin…Jungkook… He wanted to see them, that world he was in was like a dream, but seemed realer and much more fun than anything he experienced before. 

Taehyung approached the tree rabbit lived in. 

He stopped and stared at it. 

There was no usual door. The white rabbit’s house was… gone. 

Taehyung knew the forest like the back of his hand, he couldn’t have made a mistake of going to the wrong tree, but there was just a tree. 

He clenched the fabric of his pants. Taehyung felt something in his pocket. There were 2 pendants. 

Taehyung looked at them. It was real. They were real. 

But now all that mattered was the rabbit, his best friend disappeared. 

Taehyung ran for the camp.