Chapter 15

Worlds

This time Jungkook felt better, he didn't spend his time moping and feeling depressed. He decided that his anxiousness to never see Jimin or Taehyung is for nothing, because he will see them again, he just had to wait. 

That mindset was driving Jungkook from sad depressed state into more hopeful and carefree one. 

Jack was still with Jungkook, even though he didn't need the care anymore, Jack wanted to stay. Jungkook knew it was probably for more selfish reasons, but he couldn't just throw out a bandmate that took care of him when he felt the weakest. 

So Jungkook hummored him, this particular evening they decided to watch a movie together.  

It was an fantasy action movie, it wasn't really Jungkook's taste, but he kept himself immersed.  

"Ah... Taehyung would love this movie! I'll tell him about it!" Jungkook kept repeating it in his head. 

Jack was more focused on the boy next to him than the movie. He kept watching him, so interested in the movie, so handsome, so perfect. 

Before they knew it the movie was at it's end. 

"Woah, well that was intense." Jungkook started stretching with a yawn. 

It was silent for one strained moment that seemed to last an eternity. 

"Yeah..." Jack moved closer to Jungkook taking his hands "You know, I really wanted to tell you..." 

Jungkook cocked his head confused "Yeah?" 

Jack breathed in gathering all his courage "Jungkook I, for the longest of time...." 

A doorbell rang loudly startling both boys. 

Jungkook stood up to open the door, because someone was smashing that bell like crazy. 

Jack cursed to himself, it felt like his heart would jump out any moment. 

"Jungkoook I brought food!" High pitched voice resounded through the apartment. 

"Thanks, but you don't have to destroy my doorbell..." 

 "Ah~ my sassy teenage emo Jungkook is back!" Jennie huged Jungkook tightly. "Oh? Jack's here, when did you get here?" 

Jungkook grabbed the food and went to the kitchen. 

Jack remained silent, a bit angry at the girl for interrupting. 

"He's been living here for a while." Jungkook shouted from the kitchen while opening containers with food. 

"Wait, seriously?" Jennie looked at Jack who just casually nodded "Wait, no, why? This is super bad! Two guys living together!? I don't approve." 

Jungkook came back into the room just to mouth out a soundless "I don't care" before going back to the kitchen. 

Jennie sat next to Jack on the sofa and slid her arm over his shoulders. 

"So babe, you did anything while bunny was feeling weak?" 

Jack flushed "W-what are you talking about?" 

"Hmm, something was happening, I see, well I know how you are, but don't, it won't end well and I won't let you sweetheart." Jennie smirked, stood up and skipped to the kitchen. 

"Jungkook I'll stay over tonight!" 

"Seriously? Go home." Jungkook rolled his eyes. 

*** 

Jennie ended up staying the night and now she was sleeping in Jungkook's bed like a log. Same could be told about Jack on the couch.  

Jungkook felt annoyed and beyond. He just wanted to be home alone for a moment, he wanted to rest, to think.  

Without putting in much thought Jungkook left the apartment and went to a nearby park.  

The park was empty and silent, just perfect for Jungkook. He sat down on a bench and looked at the sky. 

It was weird seeing the stars in the city, but they seemed very bright and beautiful this night.  

The city was huge, but now it was silent, like no one lived here, like it was abandoned. Jungkook felt alone. 

There was nothing for him here, all he had here was his music and that over time became so corrupted he didn't feel himself in it. 

He wondered if Taehyung would like his songs, if Jimin will forgive him for the blanket. 

Smile spread on Jungkook's face. 

"It's okay, I'll go through this, just a bit more being alone and then I can be with them again, then I'll do more things I wanted to! I'll be happy!"  

The boy sat alone in the middle of a park whispering reassuring words to himself into the void of the night. 

*** 

Taehyung after weeks of practice had developed a skill of luring Jungkook to play with him. It takes time, but if Taehyung sings long enough Jungkook comes out of his room and sits quietly on the floor near the couch.  

It was his weakness – music. So, Taehyung used this to lure the boy out and tried talking to him, watching movies with him, normal stuff you would do with normal people. 

This afternoon Taehyung was brushing and braiding Jungkook's hair, putting on cute flower, bow shaped clips into the mess too. 

Hoseok has been watching this scene play out fondly for 2 hours now. It made him feel warm. Considering his best friend was so alive and trying so hard for the other boys, when just a while ago he was so weak he couldn't feed himself properly. 

Jungkook didn't resist but then again he wasn't reacting at all, just sitting. 

After some time Jungkook was sleeping with his head on Taehyung's lap, while the boy his hair carefully. It developed into quite a scene. 

If Hoseok didn't know better he would think they were a normal couple, spending their silent afternoon together.  

Suddenly Taehyung wiggled himself from under Jungkook, putting a pillow where his lap was before and covering him with a blanket. 

"Hoseok, I'm going out." He whispered not wanting to wake up the sleeping boy. 

"Now? Where?" It was quite an interesting development, considering Taehyung refused to leave the house since he woke up. 

"Hmm, well I don't know..." He stopped to think for a bit, then squinted "But you know." 

"Me? What?" Hoseok hesitently pointed to himself. 

"Yeah! Draw me a map how to get to Jimin's university! I'll go meet him and take him home!" Taehyung jumped a bit with every word, he was excited about this amazing idea that just plopped into his mind. 

"Well... okay, but are you sure you're going to be okay? You're not good with directions." 

"It's okay, I'm not that bad, besides I have 3 hours until Jimin finishes." 

"Wait, so you're planning to leave now? It takes 30 minutes to go his university." 

"Of course not, I will change first." Taehyung winked and left the room. 

*** 

It took Taehyung exactly 2:18 minutes to reach university that was in a walking distance and 30 minutes away from his apartment.  

Taehyung blamed the bus he decided to take, which took him the wrong way and it took him a while to understand. 

He also bought some snacks on the way and totally didn't spend 20 minutes in a candy shop, in his head it was time well spent. 

Now he was in front of a lecture hall where Jimin was supposed to be. There was still good 40 minutes until the end of the lecture, so Taehyung decided to go into the lecture too. 

He knew it was an open lecture, he researched what classes Jimin was taking, just so he had a clear idea what was going on in his life... and may or may not because he was bored in the bathroom. 

Taehyung silently entered the hall. It was overfilled, so he found himself a spot by the wall and curiously scanned the people. He found the blond head he came here for. 

Jimin wasn't looking at the professor, he was looking at his notes and sometimes scribbling something in them. It was extraordinary, it was almost like was here, living this life, but a certain aura and dead looking in his eyes gave him away. 

The lecture was awfully boring, economics was Taehyung's sleep trigger, after only 10 minutes he was already yawning and barely keeping his eyes open. 

He had to find entertainment soon and just in time he heard few girls whispering nearby. They were giggling and stealing glances at him. From their silent whispers he could make out that they were talking about how handsome he was and that they should talk to him after class. 

Taehyung smirked, it felt good being noticed. So he took the opportunity to tease the girls by winking at them and sending them other small gestures. 

The lecture came to an end soon enough and when everyone started to move out of the class, Taehyung remained by the wall keeping his eyes glued on a certain blonde. 

Suddenly the girls he was teasing before approached him, coming to stand closer to him than he liked. 

"Hi~ Me and my friend here noticed you and you seemed to have noticed us as well, so we were wondering if you would like to go out for some coffee with us?" Said one of the girls confidently. 

"I know a great place!" Added the other one. 

"Sorry, I don't like coffee." Taehyung smiled and looked over to Jimin again so he wouldn't lose sight of him. 

"That's great me too! They actually serve tea too." the girls tried again. 

"Oh, sorry, but my boyfriend wouldn't like it if I went out without him." 

The girls were silent for a bit "We didn't know you had a boyfriend, why don't you invite him too?" 

Taehyung started regreting to have even spared the glance at the girls they were persistent.  

"No, sorry, his boyfriend wouldn't like it either." He shook his head dramatically. 

"His boyfriend? In other words you?" One of the girls asked confused. 

"No no no, you see I have a boyfriend and he has a boyfriend and he has a boyfriend it come out into a beautiful treesome." Taehyung noded confidently. 

"Ew, that's creepy." the other girl said. 

"And y." Taehyung winked with the widest fake smile he could pull off and pushed himself of the wall and went after Jimin who was now in front of the professor giving him some kind of papers. 

"Jimiiin!" Taehyung ran towards the boy. 

Jimin didn't react or turn around, he just stood silently, meanwhile the professor flinched. 

Taehyung ran up to Jimin and latched onto his side before sending a polite nod the professor. 

"I'm sorry, but who are you and how do you know Jimin?" The professor seemed a bit distressed. 

"Oh, I'm Kim Taehyung, I write books or something. I live with this cutie." 

"You... Write books...?" The black haired professor frowned at the sketchy introduction "And you live with him? Then you know about his situation?" 

"Well, I was in the same situation myself, but I somehow came out of it some time ago!" Taehyung sounded cheerful beyond belief "I'm curious though, how do you tell Jimin here what he needs to do? Does he react?" 

"No, he doesn’t react. I just tell him what to do and he stands for a while probably processing, I think his brain picks out just the useful information, everything else is ignored," The professor looks at Taehyung curiously "I have known Jimin before he became like this... And if you are like him and now you're okay, then if it's possible... will he come back too?" 

Taehyung smiled genuanly "I'll do my best so he does come back." 

"I'm a bit confused why you would want to help him so much, but you seem like you mean it so I'll believe you." the professor gave small but genuine smile. 

"Yes, sir" Taehyung saluted the professor before grabing Jimin's hand and pulling him outside. 

He stopped for a moment and looked back the professor. 

"Can I ask your name?" Taehyung could probably find out online or even ask someone else, but he wanted to hear from the professor himself.  

Because the look professor gave Jimin was filled with care, sadness and longing.  

Professor fixed his glasses "Yoongi, Min Yoongi".