Chapter 11

Messenger Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Mon cherie was wrong. I just searched it (because I thought I was right) and females are supposed to be called 'Ma' and not 'Mon'. So sorry *bows* Corrections aside I hope you guys enjoy this short chapter. 

=====

 

 

When you were six, you had learned that life isn't all about rainbows and unicorns. That despite seeing your mother kill herself in front of you, nobody cares except for your net worth. And that your grandmother had basically thrown you to the world of business and politic as you were one of the most pedigreed children in London.

When you turned ten, you learned that adults love playing monopoly. High Net Worth Individuals who buys realty left and right, from condo units to empty lands and buildings. You had hated your grandmother for it as she had bought almost twenty under your name alone, and it only means being tied to her for a lifetime.

When your twelfth birthday came, it wasn't fun being insanely rich anymore. Fake friends giving you yachts, private jets and islands to gain any attention. Adults offering you shares from their companies and your grandmother recently had your older sister signed off from her will, just because Kyla wanted to fulfill her dreams.

When you became eighteen, you were exhausted. Elites and High Officials have invited your family almost a hundred times over the course of the year. And your grandmother yet again signed you to almost every elite country clubs and organizations there is. With a net worth atleast 20 digits of pounds in one of London's private bank -others stashed away in the banks all over the world, you were a highly sought out bachelorette.

And when you turned twenty, Henry was disowned. He had a child without marriage and at a commoner no less. It made your grandmother angry, she had no qualms about the child, only the reputation of the family and so, Henry was off the family tree and that left you as the sole heiress to everything that your family owned, leaving you a huge burden to carry on your shoulders.

'And this time...' You thought, walking briskly to the running Taeyeon. 'It isn't any different. How can love be so complicated honestly? Wait. Love?'

"Tae! Wait for me!" Taeyeon stopped momentarily as if she's contemplating whether to really run away again from her problems or be a big girl and tackle it firsthandedly. But she was never a big girl. Never was. Never is.

"Ya! Kim Taeyeon! Wait!" As if on cue, everyone stopped what they were doing and watched how the kid leader panicked and you nervously laughing, muttering curses under your breath. Stupid Y/n. Taeyeon skid to a stop and tried to call a taxi as fans started to trickle in, when suddenly as if defied by gravity, she was swept into your arms.

"We gotta go Tae or else we're making a stampede!" You laughed, still carrying a dazed Taeyeon, by far this wasn't what she had expected when she walked out.

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon suddenly mumbled, hiding her face on your trench coat. You looked down at her before looking back up to find for your car.

"For what?"

"For running away."

Although, you haven't really explained anything yet. For once in you're life, you felt warmth spreading like wild fire in your heart and a smile broke out on your face. Someone had said sorry for running away when you had been always left behind.

"Its okay. I'll always catch you anyway."

Taeyeon grinned as she hid her face, suddenly pink at your answer. It was sweet in a way, she thought.

"You have short legs after all."

Or not.


***


There was a certain awkward atmosphere in the air. You didn't know how to start explaining things, and you were hungry. You haven't had a breakfast or lunch after all, thanks to Henry who appeared at the cafe with Pietyr.

"So I called oppa and he's on his way right now." You muttered, staring at your hands that gripped the steering wheel tightly. You had drove a bit far from the cafe after being followed by Taeyeon's fans but it wasn't that far so Henry would be able to walk it out.

"Why are you calling him oppa?" Taeyeon asked in a small voice. You haven't really explained things and only said that he was your twin.

"Because he said that he really wanted to be called oppa even though we're only three minutes apart. He wanted to be more authorative I guess." The back door of your sedan suddenly opened while the passenger's door opened slowly and a small head peeked in. "Maman!"

You gave Pietyr a small smile when he entered, climbing on top of Taeyeon's lap and sitting comfortably. Taeyeon froze at the situation but laughed it off when the child kept looking at her curiously.

"Ma cherie lovely to see you here!"

"Oppa you should really stop calling me that. Its annoying."  He ignored you and faced Taeyeon instead.

"Oh you must be?" Henry asked the petite woman in front of him. Secretly, he gave you a thumbs up to which you slightly glared at but the latter only cared about the woman's answer.

"I'm Kim Taeyeon."

"Lovely to meet you darling. My name's Choi Henry but you probably know that."

"Uh. Yeah."

Henry pat Taeyeon's cheeks before turning to you, "Ma cherie, don't tell me you haven't told her yet?"

"I was sup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter