Chapter 7

Messenger Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In between your laboratory reports and thesis, meeting Tae and the rest of your friends has been hard. Most of the time you guys only meet for three hours and then you rush going back home to finish your written projects. Often, you leave a pouting Taeyeon or a whining Seulgi. Being a masteral student is difficult enough, what more if you're studying Biomedical Engineering. Even Jinyoung was busy with his thesis, which is also credited to you since you helped with the interviews.

Exhaustion came on the last week of November. You were beyond tired that after almost throwing the lab reports on your professors' face, you went home only to plank yourself on your bed and slept for hours, Kyla thought you were dead.

After inducing your neurons with caffeine, you were giddy and healthy the next week. Texts from Taeyeon helped a bit. Well actually it was a lot. You were ready to meet her but Seulgi beat her to it and whiny bear isn't good so you rejected Tae's offer for a coffee date. The nerve Choi Y/n!

Groaning at the cold, you left your house decked with a large fur coat, mask, beanie and of course wearing your eye contacts this time. December seems to be cold this year since snow came earlier than expected and you hated it. Snow is every rider's rival especially when you have a race next week. But perhaps not when a certain someone entered your mind where you guys are cuddling in the sofa with fluffy blankets covering you. The thought was gone the next second, seriously you need to get your head straight. You haven't even been to her house and you guys aren't that close and now you're thinking about that. Aigoo.

"Unnie, you gotta treat me the perfect Australian latte for this."


***


Sometimes, you wonder how you and Seulgi met. But thinking back makes you groan. It wasn't fun per se but humiliating. Tackling and kissing her -saying she's such a cute bear and all that when you were four after all isn't the best way to meet someone.

You were still grumbling about the said bear when you entered their practice room, only to see Irene doing a y routine in the middle of the room. All thoughts about Seulgi flew and you swallowed your squeak. Flushing red, you tried to back away but the latter saw you.

"Ah. Joohyun-ah..."

"Shut it Y/n."

"I didn't even say anything."

You awkwardly took off your mask, face still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter