Chapter 5

Messenger Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15 years ago
Choi Residences, London



Y/n knew to never ask at night why her mother is weeping inside the masters' bedroom. She knew that she should never enter them at night and that she should just stay inside her room, sleeping the wails away. But for some reason, Y/n couldn't sleep and her little feet brought her to her mother's room -her father had been long gone, killed when he had an illegal race and had won, not knowing that his competitor was a son of a drug cartel lord.

She got the love for motorbikes because of her father and her mother had hated her for it. Her father was reckless and her mother did not want her daughter to be the same. Y/n then stopped in front of her mother's room, heart pounding and mind ready for another scolding. She tried to knock but there was no answer and she opt to open the door instead.

Upon entering the room, she was greeted by her mother, eyes bloodshot and was foaming in the mouth while tears kept pouring from her eyes. Y/n's mother swayed in an invisible beat and Y/n watched afraid. What has come to her beloved mother?

"Oh Y/n, you're there. Why don't you join me little one?" Her mother said, giggling ever so softly, right hand holding a glass of wine while her left holds... Is that a gun?

"Omma... I can't sleep..."

"Really? Let me help." Y/n's mother gestured for her to come near and she let her little feet come towards her mother. "Why don't you go to the bed and I'll follow you."

Y/n nodded and crawled towards the large bed her mother had. She let herself be comfortable in the middle, "Do you want to watch something?" And she nodded her head.

Y/n's mother went in the middle of the room, standing but swaying slightly. Confused, Y/n sat up straight inn the bed but her mother turned towards her, bloodshot eyes and all. "Please forgive omma."

And Y/n let out a piercing scream that woke the night.

 


Present
Choi Residences, South Korea

 


You woke up with a jolt. It had been a while since that dream resurfaced that it almost felt like everything happened yesterday. Sitting up, you looked around your room, trying to find some comfort from the many posters you plastered on your wall your heterochromatic eyes glistening with unshed tears. While staring, the emptiness that once hid suddenly started to gnaw and scratch telling yourself that you're alone and no one will care.

Alone. What does being alone really feels like? A person dying inside but doesn’t have someone to help her fight? Does alone mean something that you always are but never really thought of it? Does alone feels like something that has always been in your mind but you just ignored it for the sake of not bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter