CHAPTER 16

CHANBAEK SWEET MANSION - PROLOGUE

 

 

“Baekhyun?..”

“Yes mom..” answered Baekhyun as he look over to his mother smiling at her.

“Urmm.. is that Chanyeol? Did you guys..” she knew about the break up. Baekhyun had explained it to her when she get back from her business trip.

“No, we’re not.. he just drop me off..” said Baekhyun quickly.

“Oh, I thought you.. never mind, I just love it..”

“What?..” ask Baekhyun back looking at his mom.

“You and him.. you two look good together..” said Mrs Byun nonchalantly.

Baekhyun just nodded at her and smile lightly. His hearts feel warm hearing his mom said like that.

“You’re smiling, I saw it.. you still love him, right? It’s okay honey.. take your time, I won’t force you..”

“I didn’t said that I love him..” retorted Baekhyun back. How does his mom always can read his mind?

“Then why smiling?..”

“What? I can’t smile at you?..” ask Baekhyun back.

“Your smile isn’t because of me, I just knew Baek.. no need to explain to me, just go upstairs and change your clothes, you promise to go the mall with me, now go.. and hurry up” said Mrs Byun in amuse as she went to the kitchen leaving her son dumbfounded there.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Mom, look at this? Isn’t it pretty?..” ask Baekhyun as he pointed at the bangle display in one of the display table in front of him.

Both him and his mother went to the jewellery shop as his mom wants to buy something as a gift for Kyungsoo’s mother birthday this weekend.

“Oh wow! It’s pretty.. can we take a look at this bangle please?..” ask her mom at one of the shop assistant there.

The assistant there nodded his head and proceed to take out the bangle from the display.

At the same time, there come in a taller boy.

“Oh, Chanyeol?!..” said Mrs Byun in shocked seeing the taller boy. Baekhyun froze hearing the name and he just stood there, his back facing the taller and just continue browsing the item.

“Hello Mrs Byun, how are you? It’s been a long time right, since.. urmm..”Chanyeol’s words lingered there as he spot the smaller’s back facing him.

“Oh my.. it’s okay, I’ve been fine.. how are you honey?..” ask Mrs Byun back.

“I’ve been fine, I spot you coming into this store.. that’s why I come to greet you because it’s been so long, I didn’t notice you were with.. urmm.. Baekhyun..” said Chanyeol honestly. He was actually wants to go to the bookstore, and he spot Mrs Byun from a far, and didn’t notice the other one was tagging along with Mrs Byun.

“I probably went into your way of shopping, so I will go first, have a nice day Mrs Byun..” said Chanyeol again bowing at her.

“Oh no, no honey.. you weren’t disturbing us.. I just want to buy Kyungsoo’s mom birthday present, and because you’re here, help me choose one, you got a great taste.. this kid here just want me to buy everything for him..” said Mrs Byun pouted towards her son.

“Mom! I accompany you..” said Baekhyun rolling his eyes. Chanyeol just smile at the smaller’s attic. He’s still cute.

After helping Mrs Byun choosing the gift, Chanyeol went to the smaller’s seat. He saw that the smaller keep eyeing the bangle since he first come in.

“You like that?..” ask Chanyeol as he take a seat next to the smaller.

“I do.. it’s pretty right? Look..” said Baekhyun as he pointed towards the bangle that he first notice. Chanyeol nodded at him and take a close look at the bangle. Soon after the assistant come to them.

“This is actually the couple bangle, you see here.. it’s actually a set, you can buy it for him..” said the shop assistant as he look at Chanyeol.

Baekhyun look at the assistant in shocked, and look at the taller.

“Oh, I’m sorry .. but we’re not..” Baekhyun want to protest but the taller cut his words.

“Okay, can I take a look at this color?..” said Chanyeol smiling at the taller.

“Excellent choice, this color compliment your skin color.. it will look so nice on your wrist, want to try?..” ask the assistant to the taller and look back at the smaller.

“Your wrist sir?..” ask the assistant as he hold the bangle to put it on the Baekhyun’s wrist.

“Oh me?..” ask Baekhyun dumbfounded as he let the assistant put the bangle on his wrist.

“So pretty! It looks stunning Baek..” there comes his mom with his loud voice. She was currently standing beside him and take a seat opposite his son.

Baekhyun smiles at the compliment as he really likes the bangle. He keeps touching it, it really complimenting his slender hands more.

“This bangle name is Love HH Clic Bracelet, our new collection this month, it was matte enamel with brushed gold-plated hardware and was made in France, the size is not wide so this type of narrow bracelet is suitable with a slender hands like you, it complimenting your hands so much..” said the assistant smiling at them.

Chanyeol look at the way Baekhyun admiring the bangle on his wrist. The assistant is right, it really makes Baekhyun’s slender and beautiful hands looks more luxury.

“I love this..” said Baekhyun honestly.

“Then, I’ll take it..” said Chanyeol as he takes out his card.

“What? No, no.. Chanyeol-ah..” protest Baekhyun. He also looks at his mom for some help. Mrs Byun wooed at the situation as she quickly takes out her phone and busying himself calling someone on the phone while leaving them to go outside the shop.

“Excellent choice sir, also you can also engrave your name or some initials on this bracelet, and you’re lucky because it’s on the house for whoever make a purchase with this bracelet.. so, would you like to put some initials on in?.. you can discuss with your partner first and write it here, I will be right back..” said the assistant leaving them.

“Chanyeol-ah, it’s expensive.. why did you buy it?..” ask Baekhyun as he soon as the assistant leave them.

“Its my token of gratitude, for you.. don’t you like it?..” ask Chanyeol smiling.

“But.. but why? We.. we’re not even..”

“No, no don’t say it.. we will be, I’m sure.. maybe not now, but I’m 100% sure we will.. take as much time with you, I’ll be waiting..” said Chanyeol looking deep into the smaller’s eyes.

“And you call me by my name, and that’s a good start.. no more sunbae okay?..” said Chanyeol again smiling softly at the younger who’s blushing at him. Baekhyun just smile at the taller, he also didn’t even realize that he calls the taller by his name, maybe because it sounds right for him. Calling the taller sunbae is actually awkward for him.

“Okay, so now.. what’s kind of initials do you want on the bracelet?..” ask Chanyeol.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Oh, you two done?..” ask Mrs Byun as she spot the two coming towards her.

Chanyeol nodded at her while holding the paper bag.

“Okay, urmm.. actually, I’ve got something to do.. so Chanyeol, did you drive here? Can you send Baekhyun over, I really need to go somewhere..” said Mrs Byun.

“What? Mom! Don’t leave me.. also, it’s currently 7.30pm, we’ve got a reservations at 8..” said Baekhyun.

“Take your boyfie to dinner, I’m so sorry.. my old friend is coming, and it’s been a long time since I met her, so please spare me okay, do enjoy your dinner though.. and Chanyeol, take a good care of him okay, I gotta go, see you later at home Baek..” said Mrs Byun as she hurriedly walk away.

“Don’t be late..” said Baekhyun as he wave at his omma.

“You too..” said Mrs Byun waving back at her son while winking. What?

__________________________________________________________________________________

“So, we got approximately 30 minutes to spend, so any suggestions?..” said Baekhyun looking at the taller.

“I actually was going to go to the bookstore before I spot your mom, so shall we?..” ask Chanyeol.

“Okay, sure..”

__________________________________________________________________________________

“So, anything that you want to buy? I just want to buy this ink toner printer actually..” said Chanyeol as he show the toner to the smaller.

“Urmm.. not really, you’re done? Let’s go..”said Baekhyun as he went to the checkout.

Proceed with the payment, they went out from the bookstore.

“Oh, Yeol-ah.. look! The flower!.. I didn’t know there’s a flower shop here..”exclaim Baekhyun as he quickly grab the taller’s hand and  walk towards the flower shop. Chanyeol smile at the action.

“Hi, welcome to Haeri’s Florist..” said the owner.

“Are you the owner?..” ask Baekhyun smiling at her.

“I am, my name is Haeri..” said the girl.

“Are you new here, I didn’t notice there’s a flower shop here before..”said Chanyeol looking at the girl.

“Oh, we just open a few days ago, feel free to take a look, are you searching for a gift? Or for your boyfriend?..” ask Haeri smiling looking at the linked hands in front of her.

Baekhyun look at where the girls looking. Oh my God, he still holding his hands with Chanyeol. So embarrassing! He quickly takes his hands away from the grip.

“Yes I am, anything that you think suitable for him?..” ask Chanyeol looking at the blushing boy beside him.

“Okay, what about this flower? It’s pretty right?..” said Haeri as she shows a pink and white flowers for the taller.

“What does it symbolize?..” ask Chanyeol.

“This flower’s name is Ranunculus or with the simple name Buttercups flower, it symbolizes charm, attraction and radiance. Give a bouquet of these beauties to your loved ones and you’ll be letting the recipient know : ‘I am dazzled by your charms’ it’s so romantic right?” said Haeri excited.

“It is.. and can you pair it with this white flower, it’s Irises right? I know the name but not the meaning..” said Chanyeol as he spot the white flower in her shop.

“Excellent, you’re right, it was Irises.. it stands for faith and hope, I’ll prepare it for you, and color of bouquet you want?..”

“What color do you think is suitable for this flower Baek?..” ask Chanyeol to the smaller.

“Huh? Oh.. urmm, I don’t really know.. but I think a khaki’s color will make it stands more I think.. I love something in pastel, so yeah..”

“So, pastel it is.. suitable for you sweeties..” said Haeri as she proceed to wrap the flower.

Baekhyun continue to blush with the compliments.

“My face must be so red right now.” Thought Baekhyun.

“Here.. this must be for you right?..” said Haeri as she give the finished bouquet to Baekhyun.

“Oh, urmm really?..” ask Baekhyun as he look at the taller who looks at him back.

“For you..” said Chanyeol nodded at him.

“Thank you..” said Baekhyun smiling shyly as he holding the flower bouquet. Chanyeol just smile and proceed to pay for the flower.