CHAPTER 11

CHANBAEK SWEET MANSION - PROLOGUE

 

“Oh, look! My boyfriend send me the video of him and Chanyeol playing basketball. Omo, wow.. he score, daebak!..” said Kyungsoo a bit loud as he want Baekhyun to hear him.

They are in Baekhyun’s house, baking some cake, as Kyungsoo want to surprise his boyfriend. It has been almost  a week since Baekhyun and Chanyeol break up.

“You don’t want to look?..” ask Kyungsoo again looking at Baekhyun. He can see the way his friend’s eyes spark hearing Chanyeol’s name.

“Nope..” answer Baekhyun shortly.

“But he score the game, urhh, I should be there too, cheering up on my boyfriend, what am I doing here?..” groan Kyungsoo again.

“Excuse me, but you’re the one who want to bake a cake for Jongin okay?..” said Baekhyun rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, yeah.. I know, err Baek.. why you make another one? This one is enough, it’s for Jongin after all.. or do you want to make for Chanyeol sunbae too?..” ask Kyungsoo smiling.

“Huh? I.. Yah! I’m not, okay.. it just we have some balance, so.. I just pour some into here.. why should I make a cake for him anyway? It is for my mom okay?..” said Baekhyun grumble as he put the nuts, and then the chocolate sauce on top of the cake.

“Okay, okay.. then why are you decorate it?..” chuckle Kyungsoo.

“What? My mom likes decorations..” answer Baekhyun.

“Really, what I know is your mom is not a fancy of chocolates and nuts Baek, and now you put the pistachios on it, see? You know, your mom will not like that, and you put..” said Kyungsoo again.

“Okay, fine! What do you want?..” cut Baekhyun as he stop what he was doing and look at his friend who keep smiling at him.

“I don’t want anything, I just want to know.. who’s cake is that?..” ask Kyungsoo calmly.

“Nobody..” answer Baekhyun simply.

“You know what Baek, keep denying like that, you will just make your heart hurt more.. it was actually you who keep hurting yourself..” said Kyungsoo again as he look at Baekhyun again.

Baekhyun keep silent at that comment, and suddenly he was flopping himself on the dining table, burying himself with his hand folded on the table. A sound of someone sniffling can be heard.

“Baek, I’m sorry okay.. I didn’t mean to make you cry, I just don’t want you to keep lying, I know you still love him, there’s no harm with you telling me that okay? Don’t be shy about your feeling to him, it’s okay..” said Kyungsoo again as he rubbed Baekhyun’s back softly.

“Really? Don’t people judge me again?..” ask Baekhyun again between his sniffling. His head still burying between his hands.

“No Baek, they won’t, even if they are, they will have the consequences with me and yah! Don’t you heard, I’m the best fighter at school..” joking Kyungsoo as he want to cheer up his friend.

“You’re not the best fighter at school, it was Jongin okay? I never heard such rumor like that..” smile Baekhyun as he lift up his head looking at Kyungsoo.

“Well, they said that I’m strong.. doesn’t that mean that I’m a fighter too?..”

“In your dream!..” said Baekhyun suddenly as he throw the cake flour to his best friend.

“Yah! How dare you!..” shout Kyungsoo as he also grab some of the cake flour and threw it to Baekhyun. But, he missed it as he failed to aim to Baekhyun because of his short arm.

“Oh, how short is your hand that you can’t reach me..” said Baekhyun as he stick his tongue at his friend playfully.

“Yah! You really make me mad, you know? Just stay there, I’m gonna kill you!..” shout Kyungsoo again. How dare Baekhyun make fun of his hand just because he was short, thought Kyungsoo as he glare at his best friend.

“With your short arm? Oh, I’m scared..” said Baekhyun again laughing as he run away from the devil Kyungsoo.

And suddenly, Mrs Byun was coming into the kitchen.

“What the.. Yah! Byun Baekhyun! Do Kyungsoo!..” shout Mrs Byun.

They both stop what they’re doing and looking at the angry Mrs Byun at the kitchen door.

“You’re dead..” whispered Kyungsoo.

“No, we’re dead..” add Baekhyun.

____________________________________________________________________________

“Yah, it basically was your fault, and now I’m late for meeting Jongin..” said Kyungsoo as they were busy wiping the kitchen counter because of the mess that they made earlier.

“Yah, it basically your fault too, don’t just blame okay?.. but, anyway thank you Soo..” said Baekhyun suddenly.

“Huh? For what?..”

“For make me realize that loving someone is not.. that bad? I mean, I’ve a hard time when the kids assault me and saying that I didn’t mean for someone like Chanyeol sunbae, but you always helping me and make me realize that, so I’m very thankful for that, thank you so much Soo..” said Baekhyun again smiling fondly at his bestfriend.

“Yah! Don’t dare to cry again okay? I’ve seen you cried earlier, I don’t want you to cried again, but if you want a hug, I’m okay with that..” said Kyungsoo as he open his arm.

“You’re really my best friend forever Soo..” said Baekhyun as he hug the smaller tightly.

“Sometimes, you can be so cheesy too huh?..” comment Kyungsoo again.

“What?..”

“Nothing, let’s just finish this okay?..” said Kyungsoo smiling.

____________________________________________________________________________

“Any message for him?..” ask Kyungsoo as he look at his friend wrapping the box.

“No..”

“No? No I love you, or I miss you, something?..” ask Kyungsoo again.

“Just good luck, and don’t be hurt..” said Baekhyun shyly. His face was becoming red, as he just looking down.

“Okay, noted.. and Baek..”

“Huh?..” said Baekhyun looking up at his friend.

“It’s nice seeing you like this..” said Kyungsoo smiling. It was true, he likes seeing Baekhyun like this, smiling, joking around and he kinda miss that.

“Hurry up, or else your boyfriend will get mad..” said Baekhyun as he push the smaller out.

“Just said that you can’t wait to see your boyfriend get this cake right?..” tease Kyungsoo again.

“Yah! Just hurry up..”

“Arasso, arasso.. don’t push me..” said Kyungsoo as he quickly wear his shoes.

“And Kyung..”

“Yes?..”

“Tell him that I miss him..” said Baekhyun again.

“What? I can’t hear?..” ask Kyungsoo as he smiling, he clearly can heard what Baekhyun said, it just that he want Baekhyun to said it again confidently.

“I said.. I miss him..” repeat Baekhyun again.

“Who?..”

“You heard me! Just go!..” shout Baekhyun again.

Kyungsoo just smile hearing that. Ohh, I bet Chanyeol will sleep on cloud today hearing you Baek! Thought Kyungsoo.