CHAPTER 12

CHANBAEK SWEET MANSION - PROLOGUE

 

“Why is he so late?..” groan Kai as he keep watching his wristwatch.

“Maybe he was stuck in traffic, try to call him..” said Chanyeol.

“He’s not answering..” said Kai. “Urhh, I’m so hungry, maybe we can just eat at the café Yeol, lets go..” add Kai again.

“Yah!..”

“Hey babe, why so late?..” ask Kai immediately as soon as he see his boyfriend coming towards him.

“Later, just help me with this stuff..” said Kyungsoo as he transfer the bag to his boyfriend.

“Why so many?..” said Kai as he take the bag.

“Yah! You ask me to bought some food, I bought so many for both of you..” said Kyungsoo glaring at Kai.

“Fine, just sit first, take some rest..”

“Arasso, open the bag, the food will gone cold..” said Kyungsoo as he take out his portable fan as he feels hot.

Kai open the bag, and his eyes widen seeing his favourite spicy seasoned chicken in it.

“You bought my favorite! Thank you babe!..” shrieked Kai as he went to kiss his boyfriend on his lips.

“Most welcome..” smile Kyungsoo as he return back the kiss.

“Yah! Yah! I’m here okay? Don’t be so lovey dovey in front of me okay?..” said Chanyeol seeing the two lovebird infront of him.

“Sorry sunbae..” said Kyungsoo sheepishly.

“Just ignore him, he might be probably be jealous..” said Kai laughing.

“Don’t tease me okay..” said Chanyeol. But for real, he was actually jealous seeing both of them. He let out a deep sigh remembering his break up with Baekhyun.

“Sorry man..” said Kai again as he nudge Chanyeol’s shoulder a bit.

“It’s okay..”

Kyungsoo eyeing him, and he just smile.

“Chanyeol sunbae, the blue bag over there is for you..” said Kyungsoo as he pointed at the blue bag on the table.

“For me?..” ask Chanyeol as he take the bag curiously. He take out the bag, he knows it was a cake based on the packaging.

“Aww babe, you said that you want to bake a cake for me, why you make it for him?..” whine Kai seeing Chanyeol open the box.

“I’m not, okay? I bake it for you.. over there, in another bag, aish..” said Kyungsoo, rolling his eyes.

“Really? Thank you babe!..” said Kai again as he take the bag and peek inside. It was indeed a cake.

“Then, who make that cake?..” ask Kai curiosly. “Is it what I think it is?..” ask Kai again as he grinning widely.

“Exactly what you think..” said Kyungsoo smiling.

“Huh?..” ask Chanyeol clueless.

“Who do you think bake this cake for you?..” ask Kai excitedly.

“Is it.. No way, is it Baekhyun?..” ask Chanyeol in surprised.

Kyungsoo just smile at him.

“You’re not lying right? Is Baekhyun make me this cake? My Baekhyun?...” ask Chanyeol again unbelievable.

“With the help of me of course, you think he able to bake a cake by himself? He will burnt the kitchen I think..” comment Kyungsoo as he laugh at that.

“Did.. did he ever said anything to me?..” ask Chanyeol impatient.

“Oh yes, he said that he miss you, don’t be hurt and good luck..” said Kyungsoo.

“Is he finally..”

“No, don’t be too rush sunbae.. he’s still adapting to this whole situation, but I can assure you that he really miss you as much as you miss him too..” cut Kyungsoo.

“Ohh, really? Then, can I start message him? I really miss him Kyung, can you help me?..” ask Chanyeol.

“I think for now, sending a message will be fine.. but no phone or video call yet okay?..” said Kyungsoo.

“Okay, okay.. I promise..”

“And don’t over react.. you tend to be over react, just relax okay..” add Kai.

“Yeah, yeah sure..”

“Then, good luck sunbae..” said Kyungsoo.

____________________________________________________________________________

“Should I really text him? Hurmm.. you should, you should Yeol, he already baking the cake for you, at least you must thank him..” said Chanyeol talking to himself. He smile thinking the thought of messaging with Baekhyun.

“How do I start?..” ask Chanyeol. “Just be casual, I think this is okay..”

[CHAN] – Hey Baek, it’s me Yeol..

Chanyeol just keep staring at his phone, and just hoping that Baekhyun will answer his message.

____________________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun was lying on his bed, replying the message he got from Kyungsoo.

            [KYUNG] – Don’t stay up too late okay?

            [BAEK] – Why should I? I’m sleepy anyway right now

            [KYUNG] – Just enjoy okay

            [BAEK] – What are you talking about?

            [KYUNG] – You’ll see, good night Baek!

“What is he talking about? Silly Kyung, ooh, another message.. Chanyeol sunbae messaging me.. oh my god! Oh my god! Urmm.. what.. what should I reply?..” ask Baekhyun as he was immediately sitting up on his bed.

“Okay, I think this should be okay..” said Baekhyun as he type the message.

            [BAEK] – Oh hi, Yeol..

____________________________________________________________________________

“Yes! Yes! He replied! Keep calm Yeol, urmm.. what should I type back? Ottoke, ottoke?..”said Chanyeol as he jumping on his bed. He was really excited as he see that Baekhyun replying his message. Also, he called me Yeol, not sunbae! That was a good sign.

            [CHAN] – Just want to thank you for the cake, it really delicious.

He keep contemplating for a while, and just sent the message. He can see that Baekhyun was quick to type back the message.

____________________________________________________________________________

“Haa, he’s thanking me..” said Baekhyun smiling as he was type back the reply.

[BAEK] – I hope it suit your taste Yeol-ah, I didn’t make it too sweet, and I put a lot of nuts especially pistachios for you. Did you like it?

____________________________________________________________________________

“Like it? I love it, so much! Especially when it was bake by you..” said Chanyeol happily.

[CHAN] – Yeah, I really like it, and you didn’t make it too sweet either.. what are you doing anyway? Did I disturb your bed time?

“Hurmm, is that okay?..” ask Chanyeol but he send the message right away.

____________________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun smile seeing the reply. He now was lying back on his bed, with his phone in his hand.

[BAEK] – I was just lying on the bed, you didn’t disturb me at all Yeol-ah, but I almost falling asleep too. Zzzzz …

____________________________________________________________________________

“Hahaha.. so cute, he’s still the same Baek, how I miss you Baek..” said Chanyeol smiling.

[CHAN] – Ohh, okay.. don’t stay up too late okay? Have a nice sleep, good night Baek

____________________________________________________________________________

“Huh? Why so early?..” thought Baekhyun pouting.

            [BAEK] – Ohh, so early, did you already sleepy? L

____________________________________________________________________________

“Did I upset him?..” thought Chanyeol.

[CHAN] – No, no.. I’m not sleepy yet, but you said that you’re almost falling asleep, I thought that you want to sleep now..

____________________________________________________________________________

            [BAEK] – No, I’m not.. I like messaging with you.. I kinda miss that..

“What? What am I typing? Delete! Delete! Urhhh! Ottoke!, he already read it! You stupid Baek! Why did you type that?..” grunt Baekhyun as he punch and kick his pillow in rage.

Knock! Knock!

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun, you’re not sleeping yet? What time is it now?..” knock Mrs Byun as she heard the sound.

“I’m sleeping, I’m sleeping mom.. geesh, you’re so loud..” grunt Baekhyun as he pick up his pillow back.

“Don’t whine at me tomorrow if you’re late to school okay? And switch off your light, I can see it underneath your door..” said Mrs Byun again.

“Okay, okay.. I switch off already..” replied Baekhyun again.

“Uishh, mom is so loud..” grunt Baekhyun again as he lie back on his bed taking his phone.

____________________________________________________________________________

“He miss me, aigoo.. this cute little diva..” said Chanyeol smiling.

            [CHAN] – It’s okay, I miss you too..

____________________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun smile seeing the replied.

            [BAEK] – Good night Yeol!

____________________________________________________________________________

            [CHAN] – Good night to you too Baek, sleep tight.

“It’s a good start now..” smile Chanyeol as he went to sleep.