CHAPTER 9

CHANBAEK SWEET MANSION - PROLOGUE

 

Kyungsoo pull the duvet up covering his bestfriend’s sick form. Baekhyun had fainted after the shouting storms earlier, so Kris help to take Baekhyun to his bedroom again.

“Yeollie… Yeollie...” Baekhyun whine in his sleep, crying softly but his eyes remain closed.

“Sshh.. Baekhyun, just sleep..” said Suho softly as he patted the sick man’s arm gently.

“Chanyeol… Sorry…” Baekhyun whining again, this time more tears come out. But he still didn’t open his eyes as he was in his sleeping mode.

Kyungsoo come in with a tray of medicines and a glass of water. He notice that Suho and Kris were in panic mode.

“Why? What happen?..” ask Kyungsoo immediately as he put the tray aside.

“Baekhyun.. he keep mumbling Chanyeol’s name while crying, should we wake him up? I.. I don’t know what to do..” said Suho looking at Kyungsoo with trouble expressions.

“It’s okay hyung.. he’s normally like this when he fall sick..” said Kyungsoo as he put a wet towel on Baekhyun’s forehead.

“He always get worse like this?..” ask Kris as he hold his boyfriend’s hand to ensure him that Baekhyun is fine.

“Yes, he’s the type who never fall sick, but once he fall sick it will get worse.. like this.. it’s okay hyung..” said Kyungsoo smiling as he gaze softly at his sick friend.

_________________________________________________________________________

Kring.. kring..

All three pairs of eyes dart towards the phone at the side table. It was Baekhyun’s phone. Suho take it and look at the screen.

“Who?..” ask Kyungsoo looking at the older.

“It’s his omma.. here Kyung, you answer it..” said Suho as he give the phone to Kyungsoo.

“Hello, Mrs Byun..”answer Kyungsoo.

“Who’s this?..” ask Mrs Byun weirdly.

“It’s me Kyungsoo..” said Kyungsoo calmly.

“Ah.. Kyung, is Baekkie there? Is he alright?..” ask Mrs Byun concerned.

“Baekhyun asleep Mrs Byun.. urmm.. but don’t worry, he’s alright..” said Kyungsoo contemplated whether to told Mrs Byun about Chanyeol or not.

“Really? Did you take him to the clinic?..”

“Urmm, no.. but do you know Suho hyung? He’s calling his doctor to come..” explain Kyungsoo as he look towards the older who nodded at him.

“Suho? Ahh.. that prefect right? Are they with you? Send my thank you to him.. and Kyung, did Chanyeol come?..” ask Mrs Byun curious.

“Chanyeol? Yes, he come..” said Kyungsoo as he look at Suho and Kris nervously.

“Can you call him? I want to talk to my future son-in-law..” said Mrs Byun excited.

“Urmm.. I’m sorry Mrs Byun, but Chanyeol already back home.. he.. he got something urgent to do.. so, yeah..” said Kyungsoo nervously.

“Really? He didn’t stay?..” ask Mrs Byun.

“He stay.. but just for a while.. he was busy..” answer Kyungsoo.

“Hurmm.. it’s ok then, and did you stay there Kyung? With the rest?..” ask Mrs Byun.

“Yes, I’m staying here.. Suho hyung, did you stay?..”

Suho look at Kris asking his opinion. Well, they are couple.. of course they want a private time for themselves.

“Can I stay?..” ask Kris. Well, Mrs Byun only know a few of Baekhyun’s friends, and only some of them had met Mrs Byun as she always busy.

“Urmm.. Mrs Byun? Suho hyung come with his boyfriend, can he stay here too?..” ask Kyungsoo.

“Yes, of course.. they can have a room upstairs, beside Baekhyun’s room.. it’s not lock I think, but if it’s lock, search for the key in Chanyeol’s room..” said Mrs Byun.

“Chanyeol’s room? Chanyeol hyung stay here?..” ask Kyungsoo surprise.

“Yeah, Baekhyun didn’t told you? His room is downstairs across the hall.. I think I put the key beside the lamp switch, or in the red box on the dressing table? I’m not sure.. better you search for it first okay? It’s getting late.. I gotta go, bye Kyung.. send my regard to everyone okay?..”

“Okay, bye Mrs Byun.. and be safe..”

“Thanks Kyung, bye..”

_________________________________________________________________________

The room next to Baekhyun’s room is lock, so Kyungsoo go to the room’s downstairs. Mrs Byun was right, Chanyeol was once staying there. He can spot some Chanyeol’s belongings in that room.

Why haven’t Baek told me about Chanyeol staying here?..” thought Kyungsoo.

He just shrug about his thought and grab the key beside the lamp switch and went upstairs.

_________________________________________________________________________

“Hyung, did you know that Chanyeol hyung stay here?..” ask Kyungsoo as he come back to the room.

“Huh? Chanyeol staying here? Really? How do you know that?..” ask Suho looking at Kyungsoo.

“Just now, Mrs Byun ask me to take a key from Chanyeol’s room.. and the room I went just now, it have Chanyeol’s belonging, since when did Chanyeol hyung staying here?..” answer Kyungsoo back.

“I.. don’t know too, besides Chanyeol haven’t mention that he staying here.. Baekyun didn’t told you also right?” ask Kris.

“No, he didn’t..”

A moment of silent lingered, before Kyungsoo speak up.

“So, what are we gonna do now?..”

“Lets sleep for now, and Kyungsoo..”

Kyungsoo look up at Kris.

“Take care of him, wake us up if his condition getting worse okay? Come, lets go in babe..” said Kris as he take Suho hand.

“Get some sleep too Soo..” said Suho before leaving the room.

“I will, good night hyung..”

_________________________________________________________________________

Kyungsoo was taking a space at the couch across the room. He sometimes share a bed with Baekhyun but his best friends condition was worrying him, Baekhyun was rarely getting sick, and when he getting sick it will become worse.

He let out a deep sigh and slowly drifted to sleep.

_________________________________________________________________________

“Kyungsoo-yah, wake up.. Kyungsoo..”

Kyungsoo slowly wake up, a sight of pale looking Baekhyun greet him and he quickly got up and grab a hold of his best friend shoulder.

“Baekhyun, you.. you okay? How do you feel?..”

“Hey, I’m fine..” said Baekhyun as he smile at Kyungsoo.

“You sure? You look pale to me..” said Kyungsoo again. He looks fine, is he really fine or is he just pretending to look fine.

“Let’s go downstairs Kyung, I’m a bit hungry.. can you cook for me? I want English breakfast, you know how to make scrambled egg right? Make that for me..” said Baekhyun as he grab his sweater, wear it. Well, technically he had a cold, so he feel a bit chilly right now.

“I, but you.. do you remember what happen yesterday?..” ask Kyungsoo eyeing Baekhyun.

“Palli Kyung, I’m starving.. go wash up now, and cook for me, hurry..” said Baekhyun again.

“You.. okay, arasso.. I’ll go now..”

_________________________________________________________________________

“Why you make so many toast? It just both of us in this house..” said Baekhyun as he look at the toast on the table.

“Suho hyung and Kris hyung were also here, they stay in as it was late..” answer Kyungsoo.

“Oh, really? Urmm.. okay..”

They both eat in silent, as Kyungsoo stil fixed his eyes at his best friend.

“Why you look at me like that?” chuckle Baekhyun.

“Why?..”

“Huh? Why what?..” ask Baekhyun.

“You know what I’m talking about Baek, why you break up with him? What make you do that?..” ask Kyungsoo. As far as he know, Chanyeol was so in love with his best friend so did Baekhyun. Then why the break up still happen, he too doesn’t understand.

“I.. I just don’t love him anymore..”

“Bull..”

“Kyung, it.. it just happen okay, I don’t want to talk about it..” said Baekhyun walking away.

“You know he still love you right? And I know damn well that you love him too.. and why…”

“I know, I know that..” cut Baekhyun.

“Then why Baek? Why did you break up with him? He looks upset and miserable Baek, why you..”

“Then, what do you think I feel? I love him too, damn.. I love him so much Kyung, it just, I don’t have a choice, it’s the last resort I have..”

“By breaking up with him you mean? Baekhyun, I know you very well.. is it because of that scumbag that hit you? Is it because of them?..”

“How, how do you know about that?..” ask Baekhyun turning back to face Kyungsoo.

“I told him”

“Hyung.. you, you told him? Why?..” ask Baekhyun.

“You’re getting hit and getting threatened by them Baek, what do you expect me to do, just keep quiet while letting my friend suffer? I’m not a person like that okay? And by the way, I already report them.. I call the administrative office just now, and they said that they’re gonna investigate..” said Kris as he holding up his phone.

“Did.. did he know?..” ask Baekhyun again.

“Chanyeol? Of course he know, he’s so in rage the moment he know, he almost punch my face..” said Suho.

“Really? I’m so sorry..”

“Why you didn’t told me sooner Baek? I could’ve help you..” said Kyungsoo softly.

“I’m not weak okay? I’m strong enough to defend myself..” said Baekhyun again. He really hate it when people look at him with pity.

“You mean by getting hit and insult? Is that what you called your best defend?..” ask Kris again.

“I.. I.. I don’t know what to do, they.. they said that I’m a , and I’m just more like a pretty face seducing sunbae around, suddenly I felt so miserable and starts to think that me and Chanyeol might not be meant to be together, you don’t know what I feel.. I..” cried Baekhyun.

“Baek, it’s okay.. I know you’re strong, but what are we friends for? We protect each other Baek, don’t be shy to ask for help, and you’re not weak either. They don’t know you better that we know you, they don’t have a right to say like that to you, okay?..” said Suho calming him.

“Really? But..”

“But what Baek? You still don’t believe us? We told you that we will help you, I’m sure that the boys that insult you was getting punish today..”

“Thank you..”

_________________________________________________________________________

“And Baek? What about Chanyeol sunbae?..” ask Kyungsoo as he was helping Baekhyun taking his medicines.

“Huh? What about him?..” ask Baekhyun back.

“I mean, you broke up with him right? You don’t want to explain things to him?..”

“I.. I need some time, maybe a little bit distant wont hurt right?..” said Baekhyun.

“You’re not even sure right? Just don’t make it so late Baek, or you will regret it…”

“I know Kyung.. I know, I just not ready to face him”

“Do what you feel right Baek, just want you to know that we’re right behind you okay, now get some sleep, I’ll wake you up for dinner..”

“Thanks Kyung..” smile Baekhyun.