Day one of university year two

My diary of Sowon

Hey,

I haven't written in you for so long. Since high school wasn't it? I wonder why I stopped for a year. But hey, I'm back again writing my inner musings. Today was the first day of my second year of Uni. To my surprise, that girl I met last year was always in the hallways that I happened to be passing through. She wasn't in any of my classes but I see her more often than all the other classmates I have. Ah, right. You don't know who she is yet right? Haha, her name is Kim Sojung. Everyone calls her Sowon but I like calling her by her real name instead. Just a feeling it made her happier I guess. 

She was the older girl in my english class last year because she hadn't gotten enough English credits before this year. We often got paired in groups of six of fours to do projects and we'd work together. Anyways I just found this coincidence very intresting. I even told Yuju about it and she was intrigued. "It must be fate!" She yelled that out in the fields where I eat lunch. I don't get her. Ah, right you haven't heard about Yuju in a while haven't you?

Well, Yuju's gotten taller, thinner and I'm sometimes worried about her being too skinny, but she's definitely healthy. She's still weird as ever, especially since we're dormmates again. Last year we shared a triple room with a younger girl named Yewon, everyone called her Umji since she was so good she started Uni early and that deserved a thumbs up. This year though Yuju and I are in a double room and so is Umji. She told me her roommate also started Uni early and even had the same name as me. EunBi. I'll be meeting her soon.

Hm, my mind has wandered to Sojung again. I wonder why that happens. She's a very confusing existence to me. She literally hangs on everyone she calls a friend, her arm is always around someone else's unless she had books to carry. Now you probably wondered if I talked to her today. I didn't. I just walked past her while smiling a little, after all, she was surrounded by her other friends and I needed to get to class. I'm always punctual remember?

It's just the first night at the dorm, Yuju's still out with a new friend and I'm already homesick again. Last year it took me nearly a month to get over homesickness enough to sleep. I wonder if it'll take me that long again? I hope not, I need sleep. I've been told you get better skin by sleeping longer.

Ah, I met Sana unnie today too. She's a japanese transfer student to our school. She's one year older and is really cute. Sana unnie doesn't understand the harder korean things but she's okay to have small talk with even if she has random cute "nani?". If you're intrested, she's dorming with two other transfer students named Momo unnie and Mina. Mina is the same age as me and I hope we get along. She seems cute so far with her random toddling like a penguin.

....Why am I thinking of Sojung again? It's probably nothing. Yuju just returned, she's going to shower and I promised to help her dry her hair since it's so late and she wanted to talk about her new friend. Her name is Yerin unnie I think. I only got her name. With the way Yuju is so excited must mean she's a pretty weird person as well. I hope Yuna isn't meeting the wrong group of people again.

I'll write in you soon,

Eunbi ❤