To Love & To Be Loved

You Are My Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8 (FINAL): || To Love & To Be Loved ||

 

 

"Kim Mingyu wake up!!!! Wake uppppp!!!! Don't leave me!!!!" wailed Jeonghan who hold Mingyu tightly.

 

Jeonghan does not know what happen around him right now, his attention solely to Mingyu who is been shot instead of him. He is crying while holding Mingyu tightly but suddenly he is being pushed aside by two of medical officers who are quickly to give Mingyu the first aid and emergency treatment.

 

Jeonghan tries to get back to Mingyu but Seokmin grabs his hand and stops him.

 

Seokmin was with Mingyu in their office at the time Jaehwan called him. As soon as Mingyu rushed to the mansion, Seokmin immediately called the police for the help and support. He also called the medical support for the worst situation since it involved Kim Jaehwan who is known to be often in handling guns and other weapons. As soon as he arrived at the mansion, he saw the police released a shot to Jaehwan's hand and Jeonghan was crying loudly on the floor while holding unconcious bleeding Mingyu tightly. He also heard and saw Jaehwan screamed and struggled respectively to get free from the police officer's held after been shot. 

 

"Let me go! Let me go~~~ I want Mingyu to wake up!!" Jeonghan cries while tries to release his hand from Seokmin.

 

"Jeonghan-ah!!!!! Listen to me!! Let them do their work!!" Seokmin holds his grip on Jeonghan's hand. 

 

"Mingyu~~~ please don't leave me!!!" Jeonghan cries on the floor. 

 

"Jeonghan~~~" Park Sungwoo called his grandson softly.

 

Jeonghan lifts up his head, glares at his grandfather through his wet eyes. He does not know what feeling he has for his grandfather. Maybe hatred the only one left for his grandfather right now.

 

"Do you satisfied now? DO YOU SATISFIED???" shouted Jeonghan to his grandfather with his crying voice.

 

"The man who you want me to marry want to kill me and the one you hate take the bullet for me, cannot you see?" asked Jeonghan sobbings.

 

"Jeonghan-ah I am sorry… I know, it's all my fault," said Jeonghan's grandfather.

 

"YES. IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT!! if anything worse happen to Mingyu I won't forgive you!!!" cried out Jeonghan. 

 

Jeonghan pushes away his grandfather's hand from his shoulder and gets up to walk away following Seokmin and the medical officers who brings out Mingyu on the ambulance stretcher. He left his grandfather, standing in the chaos living hall of the mansion.

 

-------------

 

 

"Mingyu~~ how long do you want to sleep?" 

 

Jeonghan has been talking to unconcious Mingyu every each day since Mingyu being admitted in the hospital. Today is the 25th day Mingyu has been in coma. 

 

"Did you get too tired after kept taking care and protecting me? So that's why you are still sleeping?" asked Jeonghan, gently Mingyu's face.

 

His tears slowly falling down. How many times he wipes his tears away, his tears keep coming down.

 

"If you are really tired, I will let you sleep just a bit more but please wake up soon…please wake up after your tiredness go away because I miss you so much," said Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan being told by the doctor, Mingyu got lucky because the bullet did not hit his vital organ or his large arteries. However he is still in coma because of the bullet damaged his small arteries and made him loss a lot of blood. The doctor explained further to Jeonghan that coma is the common situation after injury but it usually only last to three or four weeks. After that, if Mingyu still does not wake up, there are typically three possibilities may occur, one he might regains some level of conciousness, two he might shift into vegetative state and the last one that make Jeonghan tears up, Mingyu might die. 

 

Jeonghan lays his head on the bed beside Mingyu while holding Mingyu's hand. Everyday he hope he might see that hand will clasp his hand again.

 

Suddenly the door opens. Jeonghan wipes his tears quickly and looks at the door.

 

"Seokmin-ah, do you come straight from the office?" asked Jeonghan when he looked Seokmin with his suit. 

 

"I just coming from the court trial, your grandfather also there," told Seokmin.

 

"Oh," replied Jeonghan short.

 

"You don't want to know the result?" asked Seokmin.

 

"If he is declared innocent, I will go and kill him with my own hand," said Jeonghan with his serious and determined voice.

 

"Ya, don't be like this, revenge is not the solution, do you want Mingyu wake up to see you in the court with murder indictment? Do you think he will be fine to see that? When you kill someone even for the revenge you are not the victim anymore, you are perpetrator," adviced Seokmin.

 

"So, is he declared innocent?" asked Jeonghan. 

 

"No but I heard their side want to file an appeal," told Seokmin.

 

"They really have no conscience at all," said Jeonghan through his sorrow voice.

 

"Don't worry I will make sure he will be in prison for what he did to you and Mingyu," said Seokmin, he shifts his gaze to Mingyu, "How he is?" asked Seokmin. 

 

"Still the same," answered Jeonghan.

 

"Let's just pray for him to wake up soon," said Seokmin. 

 

"Ya Kim Mingyu, how long you want to let me doing your work alone? It was tired you know, wake up faster…if you won't, I and Jeonghan will go holiday without you," Seokmin talks to Mingyu.

 

Jeonghan smiles wearily. He knows Seokmin is a good friend, the only one Seokmin want is to see Mingyu wakes up and become healthy as before.

 

-------------

 

Jeonghan is sleeping by sitting on the chair and laying his head on Mingyu's bed while holding Mingyu's hand. Sometimes he slept on the sofa, but some other times he want to sleep next to Mingyu to feel Mingyu's presence just like tonight. 

 

Jeonghan frowns when he feels something moving on his forehead. He pushes it away but it still crawling there and now it comes to his cheeks. He opens his eyes. He sees someone's fingers moves slowly, touching his cheeks lightly. He lifts up his head immediately looks at Mingyu. His tears escapes from his eyes as soon as their gaze meet each other and Mingyu smiles weakly at him. He kiss Mingyu's hand before quickly goes out to call the nurse on duty.

 

Jeonghan does not waste any time to come and sits on the bed next to Mingyu as soon as the doctor and nurses went out after confirming Mingyu is in the stable condition. Jeonghan bends his body, put his head on the crook of Mingyu's neck and embraces Mingyu. He starts sobbing there.

 

"Hey, don't cry," said Mingyu weakly.

 

Mingyu's hand caresses Jeonghan's back head. 

 

"I am here," said Mingyu more.

 

Jeonghan's sobbings become louder and his hold become tighter. Mingyu keeps caressing Jeonghan's head. After a while Jeonghan lifts up his head. After he wiped his tears, he reaches for Mingyu's hand. 

 

"Mi-mianhae," said Jeonghan between his stuttering breath and sniffling.

 

"Why?" asked Mingyu softly.

 

"For everything," said Jeonghan after take a deep breath to control his stuttering breath. 

 

Mingyu shakes his head and bring Jeonghan's hand to his lips. 

 

 

------------

 

 

Today is the 4th day after Mingyu woke up from coma. The visitors does not stop coming to see Mingyu. Seokmin is visiting everyday to talk and chat with Mingyu after office's hour. Peoples from Mingyu's office, Jeonghan's collegues who knows Mingyu, Mingyu's distant relatives till Mingyu's past clients.

 

"Kim Mingyu, how are you today?" asked Mr. Xu. as soon as he enter the roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter