Missing You (I)

You Are My Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1 || Missing You (I) ||

 

College. Part time job. Kick boxing training. These are the routine without rest for Kim Mingyu. Since the day he and Jeonghan were being separated by force, he never rest. He won't rest. That is his promise to himself. 

 

"Do you think you are doing good enough??!!" shouted Mr. Xu to Mingyu. 

 

"NO. I will do better," Mingyu shouted back. 

 

"Show what you've got!" command Mr. Xu. 

 

Mr. Xu Minghao, a chinese kick boxer who stay in Seoul with his family. Mingyu become his student after watched him in one of Kickboxing Tournament held in Seoul. At first Mr. Xu did not want to accept Mingyu because he thought Mingyu want to learn kickboxing out of revenge but Mingyu kept following and begging him. However, after listened to Mingyu's story, he agreed to accept Mingyu as his student. 

 

"Do you think you can protect Jeonghan if you fight like this?" shouted Mr. Xu, he tries to provoke Mingyu, "he will be dragged away in front of your eyes again!!!" said Mr. Xu while pinning down Mingyu on the ground and lying in the right angle over the face up Mingyu's body, applying grappling side control in clinch fighting technique. 

 

Mingyu tries to free himself from Mr. Xu. He jerks his body and moves his hips to make a space and bridge to move Mr. Xu but Mr. Xu strength is not a joke. Mingyu tries again.

 

"NO. I WON'T ALLOWED THEM TO DO THAT!!!" shouted Mingyu while using his all strength to push Mr. Xu body to free himself. As soon as he free, he rolls and turns his body, quickly puts his arms around Mr. Xu's neck tighten a bit pretend to choke while pushes Mr. Xu to the ground with his body weight. 

 

The routine training for Mingyu. Every day he will provide at least 1 hour to practice for kickboxing. He can take a leave for his part time job but not for kickboxing practice because it is all about body balance, fitness, speeds and agility, strength and power unless he is being told by his trainer to take a break.

 

"Good job Mingyu!!" Mr. Xu pats Mingyu's shoulder after they finished their training for the day, "I am sorry I have to use his name again to train you," said Mr. Xu. 

 

"Don't be sorry, that is the only way I get motivated in what I am doing now," said Mingyu, "I cannot let him waiting too long," continue Mingyu.

 

"Don't you think you are over exerted yourself? With college, part time job and this training," asked Mr. Xu pity on Mingyu.

 

"No. I am okay, I am preparing for Bar Exam for the second time now, if I pass, I no need to do part time and I need 2 years in training institute before apply for any legal position in government or private, but I won't stop practice kickboxing, so you might see me often even you don't want," said Mingyu while smiling to his trainer. 

 

"You are always welcome to be here, I have a big respect for you to sacrifice your career dream for him," said Mr. Xu.

 

"Because to live happily with him is my no.1 dream, my career is only supporting dream to my real dream," said Mingyu before gulps down his energy drink from bottle.

 

Mr. Xu nods his head a few times shows his acknowledgement. Mingyu really knows what he want and that is why, Mr. Xu could see Mingyu's efforts and determination in his training.

 

"I really hope one day you will bring him here, and I honestly pray for your happiness Mingyu," said Mr. Xu.

 

"I will one day, thank you Mr. Xu!" stated Mingyu.

 

---------------

 

"Mingyu...Mingyu…Mingyu!" 

 

Mingyu gasps wakes up from his dream. He slowly take a breath. Mingyu turns his head to his bedside table, reaching for the photo frame there.

 

'Yoon Jeonghan! I will come to you, please wait,' monologue Mingyu looking at the selca picture of Jeonghan and him taken at the Taehwagang River side in Ulsan. 

 

The image of Jeonghan was shouting his name while being pulled, dragged and forced to leave him while he was being pinned down helpless always come as a dream in his sleep. 

 

Mingyu puts down the frame and looks at the alarm clock next to the frame. It shows 2:28am. It only about 1 hour and a half he slept after came back from his part time job as a convenience store cashier, that is the only way he able to study during working hours. The money from his parents more than enough to support him but he also need money to buy flight ticket to London as soon as he get the information about Jeonghan. Mingyu gets up from his bed and walks towards the bathroom to wash his face. He prepare for himself a cup of coffee and bring to the desk, open his books to continue study for his Bar exam. He has to ensure he does not need to retake the exam to execute his plan as soon as he can. To gather information about Jeonghan and be a person who is able to protect his beloved in the cruel high class and business world, that means he has to be someone who hold some authority to do that. An attorney. That is his choice.

 

"Jeonghan-ah, I won't let you waiting so long, so please endure it," the phrase that Mingyu keep recite over and over before he started to do anything. 

 

--------

 

"Kim Mingyu, are you preparing for your Bar Exam?" asked Professor Choi, looks at Mingyu who is still sit in the lecture hall reading books after his lecture finished half an hour ago.

 

Mingyu lifts up his head, "Ne, prof, I don't want to waste the time," said Mingyu, "Do you have any class in this hall right now? I am sorry I thoughts there are no class after ours," said Mingyu after realize his professor still in this hall after half an hour, he is getting up, gathers his books.

 

"No worry, just like you I having my time reading something but I just finished and ready to go home but notice you are still here," said Prof. Choi. 

 

"Ohh…," Mingyu take a seat back. 

 

"Here is the assist material for your exam, I hope it will help," Prof. Choi hands in a file of documents to Mingy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter