You & Me

You Are My Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4: || You & Me ||

 

As soon as Jeonghan wakes up from his sleep, he looks around looking for Mingyu. He immediately sits on his bed when he could not find Mingyu around.

 

"Mingyu~~~," called Jeonghan, he starts to tear up. 

 

"Mingyu, where are you? Don't leave me," cried out Jeonghan.

 

Mingyu gets out from washrooms as soon as he heard Jeonghan's voice calling his name.

 

"Jeonghan-ah," Mingyu rushed toward crying Jeonghan and hugs him.

 

"I thought you left me alone here," Jeonghan is sobbing, holding Mingyu tightly.

 

"No, I will never," said Mingyu while patting Jeonghan's back comforting him. Mingyu is very sure there were something happened during this 7 years that made Jeonghan so fragile like this. 

 

After calmed Jeonghan down, Mingyu makes Jeonghan to eat his breakfast. He gazes at Jeonghan who is spooning his chicken porridge in slow pace into his mouth. Each time he looks at Jeonghan's thin and pale face also his small wrist and body, his heart is wretching. 'How much suffers Jeonghan went through till make him miserable like this. If only he can come earlier' that thought keep playing in his mind. Mingyu tucks the strand of Jeonghan's hair behind his ears to let Jeonghan eat with more convenient. 

 

"Mingyu, I don't want to eat anymore," said Jeonghan, puts down the spoon.

 

"Please eat a little more, ummmm?" said Mingyu softly after looked at the porridge which still much left in the bowl.

 

Jeonghan shaking his head softly. 

 

"How my love become like this? You have very good appetite before, remember before you used to eat 3 portion of samgyeopsal by your own," said Mingyu while caressing Jeonghan's cheek, tries to persuade him to eat more.

 

Jeonghan smiles with his misty eyes to Mingyu's words. It was so long he did not hear the sweet words for him. 

 

"Eat a little more ok, I will feed you, after this you can eat medicine so you will recover faster and we can go anywhere together," said Mingyu softly, take a spoon of porridge brings to Jeonghan's mouth. 

 

Mingyu smiles when Jeonghan opens his mouth. First spoon. Second spoon. Third spoon. When Mingyu feeds him for the fourth time, he still accepts it but his tears falling from his eyes. Mingyu panicks. 

 

"Han-nie? Why? Ok ok if you don't want to eat anymore I won't forced you, just don't cry," Mingyu puts the spoon immediately, and hugs Jeonghan quickly.

 

"I'm sorry, I forced you, I won't do it again," said Mingyu worriedly.

 

Mingyu keep Jeonghan's back comforting him. After a while, Jeonghan become calmer.

 

"I'm sorry ok," said Mingyu again looks straight at Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan shakes his head. 

 

"I had admitted many times in here but this is the first time someone feed me, accompany me and talking softly to me, you are the only one who really love and care about me," said Jeonghan in his whimpering.

 

Jeonghan's gut-wrenching sobs and story tear Mingyu's heart.

 

'How many times Jeonghan being admitted? Why he was being admitted? Why there is no one accompany Jeonghan?' These questions make his heart more in pain.

 

"I won't leave you," said Mingyu, "don't cry, you won't get better," said Mingyu further.

 

After make sure Jeonghan took his medicine and sleeps, Mingyu walks out from Jeonghan's room to go to the nurse station.

 

"Excuse me, may I know Jeonghan Yoon's full health condition?" said Mingyu to one of the nurse there. 

 

"Wait a minute sir, I will ask Dr. Thompson first, it is better you speak directly to the doctor," replied the nurse.

 

"Ok, I will wait but please hurry, I don't want to leave Jeonghan too long," said Mingyu.

 

"Ok ok," the nurse calls the doctor and makes the doctor comes to the nurse station. 

 

"Hello I am Dr. Thompson, Edward Thompson. I had been informed that you would like to hear about Mr. Yoon's condition," said Dr. Thompson

 

"Yes, I would like to hear about his condition, by the way, I am Mingyu Kim," Mingyu introduce himself to Dr. Thompson while accepting Dr. Thompson's handshake.

 

"Oh, so you are Mr. Mingyu Kim, I heard your name several times from Mr. Yoon," said Dr. Thompson.

 

"Yes I am. There are the circumstances make me and Jeonghan separated for 7 years without any news and we just met yesterday but he told me he already admitted here several times," said Mingyu.

 

"Yes, I heard about you and him a little, of course from Mr. Yoon himself, actually I should not tell you anything but you are the only person Mr. Yoon trust and you are the first person who really want to know about his condition, I always wondering why he kept admitted alone without family members on his side, just one man will send him or pick him up, and I learned after that Mr. Yoon is the grandson of President of SWP Corporation," said Dr. Thompson.

 

"Yes, he is Mr. Sungwoo Park's grandson," said Mingyu.

 

"The family matters might be the main reason his condition to be like this, he is really weak physically, mentally and emotionally, he kept being admitted because of fainted from stress & depression, malnutrition and maybe some trauma," said Dr. Thompson.

 

Mingyu sighs hard.

 

"I know it will happen, it happened before when he was in Korea but that time it was just for fatigue of excessive crying," said Mingyu sorrily listen to Dr. Thompson's explanation.

 

"I see…he really has the records before," said Dr. Thompson.

 

"Yes, that time I am the one who take care of him, so I think his grandfather doesn't know, maybe that is why he never mentioned anything," said Mingyu.

 

"To be honest, his grandfather and the men who send and pick him up never mentioned or ask anything," said Dr. Thompson.

 

"You means they never…" muttered Mingyu could not finished his sentence.

 

"Yes, I think it safe to say they not really care, there are time I could see bruise on his face and lips, I should not tell you but as his doctor I pity him, I tried to ask him but he never want to open up regardless how many times I asked and we cannot do anything since we received order from above just to treat and make him recover, that's all," Dr. Thompson explains.

 

Mingyu looks up on the ceiling and close his eyes while his hands on his waist shows his frustation over what he heard. He grits his teeth holding in his anger.

 

Dr. Thompson pats Mingyu's shoulder understands what Mingyu might feel.

 

 "I am really glad you already here for him, he needs a lot of supports, it will help a lot if he open up his trauma to you," said Dr. Thompson.

 

"Thank you Dr., starting today I will take care of him, please contact me if you have anything further to tell regarding Jeonghan's health, I am planning to bring him back to Seoul but as you know his grandfather might be a big hindrance, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter