I Will Protect You, Always

You Are My Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6: || I Will Protect You, Always ||

 

 

It does not take a long time for Park Sungwoo, Jeonghan's grandfather to find where is Jeonghan right now. However, from the beginning Mingyu is ready to confront Jeonghan's grandfather either through gentle way or severe way. 

 

Jeonghan's grandfather with his men come to Mingyu and Jeonghan's apartment. Mingyu had expecting Jeonghan's grandfather will find them here and he already informed the security guards not to let any suspicious visitors to have access to their apartment area and Mingyu requested for every visitors must have a confirmation from apartment residents, it means him or Jeonghan. Jeonghan waits for Mingyu to come back straight from his office after getting call from Jeonghan regarding his grandfather.  

 

"Jeonghan-ah, you can come down now, I'm waiting for you in front of the elevator," said Mingyu through his mobile phone. 

 

"Okay," said Jeonghan, he cannot hide his worried voice, he is sure Mingyu notices it. 

 

He could see Mingyu stands exactly in front of their apartment elevator as soon as the elevator's door open.

 

Jeonghan slowly getting out from the elevator walking to Mingyu's direction. Mingyu quickly takes his hand and hugs him.

 

"Don't worry ok, I am here, I won't let him take you again, trust me," said Mingyu.

 

Jeonghan nods. Mingyu clasps his hand with Jeonghan's and they walk to meet Jeonghan's grandfather at the apartment's garden near the visitor's parking. 

 

----------

 

"Hello Sir," said Mingyu while bows down a bit.

 

Mingyu still keep his manner to the elder eventhough he really resents Jeonghan's grandfather because his cruel treatment to Jeonghan. Jeonghan's grandfather still looks stern as he remembers as 7 years ago. 

 

"How dare you to bring him here!!!" said Jeonghan's grandfather to Mingyu, "And how dare you to run away again from me Jeonghan!!!" Jeonghan's grandfather shifts his anger gaze to Jeonghan.

 

"How could I leave him there to suffer like that with you," replied Mingyu looks straight to Jeonghan's grandfather. 

 

"Huh? He did not need to live like that if he obey me and accept to marry Kim Jaehwan!!!" said Jeonghan's grandfather in his firm tone voice.

 

"Is that the only reason you treat him like that? Do you really love your money and your company than your own flesh and blood?" asked Mingyu.

 

Jeonghan just keep quiet next to Mingyu, he squeeze Mingyu hand a bit. Mingyu respond to the squeeze .

 

"How dare you to ask me that question, do you even know how I build my own empire by my two hands?!!!" said Jeonghan's grandfather, his anger been provoked by the question.

 

"Yes, I don't know, Jeonghan also don't know but if you think your company and your money is more important than Jeonghan's well being and happiness, I have to tell you that I did the right thing to bring Jeonghan here and Jeonghan's mother also did the right thing to leave you," said Mingyu.

 

"Take him!!!" yelled Jeonghan's grandfather to his men through his enrage voice.

 

Mingyu pulls Jeonghan a bit to make Jeonghan stands behind him once the men steps forward to get Jeonghan. Mingyu takes the men one by one with his kickboxing techniques. They try to punch and tackle Mingyu's feet to make Mingyu fall but Mingyu avoids all their attacks and he counter attacks them with his punches, elbow strikes and kicks make them all laying on the ground. One of the men moves quickly toward Jeonghan and able to grab Jeonghan's hand however Jeonghan quickly wrenches his hand from the man's grip and kicks the men on his stomach make him moves a few steps backwards. He tries to come toward Jeonghan again but he get blocked by Mingyu and he steps backwards slowly. He tries to attack Mingyu again when he thought Mingyu lets his guard down but Mingyu quickly moves his head to the right and left when he tries to punch Mingyu straight on the face repeatedly. Mingyu swiftly grab his fist and twist it and arm chokes the men before he pushes the men to the ground and pins down him hard with his hand and knee. After being convince the men does not have no strength to attack anymore Mingyu releases the men, gets up and walks to Jeonghan who stands a bit far avoided all the men. Mingyu stares at Jeonghan's grandfather who seems taken aback with what happened.

 

"We are not the same anymore Sir, we endured a lot and worked hard for ourselves, maybe you could not see our real intention before but I am here to show you I am serious with Jeonghan, cannot you just let us live happily?" said Mingyu.

 

Mingyu looks at Jeonghan's grandfather, expecting some reply from him but the old man just keep his silence.

 

"Please just stop grandpa," at last Jeonghan opens his mouth, "Even you offer me all your money and your company to marry Kim Jaehwan, I don't want…I really don't want that…Did it never cross your mind even once why my mom never go back to you after she left your house? It because she was really happy with her life, we were not rich as you but we were happy, really happy, I want to live that kind of life not a life surrounding with money and high status but empty in the heart," said Jeonghan in his choked voice. 

 

Jeonghan's grandfather looks at Jeonghan with his serious face. He yet does not utter any word. 

 

"I was really happy when I know I still have a grandfather as a family after my parent and Jisoo died but the way you treat me…," Jeonghan starts sobbing cannot continue his sentence, he tries again to control his cry, "Everyday I asked myself, am I really your grandson or just a random guy you take in to fulfill your greed…my parent never hit me even once, can you imagine the fear and hate I have for you," said Jeonghan further, tears coming down fast from his eyes. Mingyu holds Jeonghan's hand and shoulder to give him strength.

 

Jeonghan never had a opportunity to speak out any of his opinion or feeling since his grandfather always cut off his words or left him before he finished his words. However, this time he is able to pour out the feeling that he surpressed for more than 7 years to his grandfather.

 

"If I am really your grandson, please treat me like one grandpa, I really want to visit and have a happy chat with my own grandfather with a warm smile and receive back the same kind of smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter