Your Side

You Are My Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3: || Your Side ||

 

 

                     Room No: 211

                     Patient Name: Jeonghan Yoon

                     Doctor Name: Dr. Thompson

            

That is written on the door of the room, where is Mingyu standing at right now. He opens the door slowly and take a quick scan inside the room, there are no one in the room except a person laying on the hospital bed. Mingyu takes a careful and slow steps walking toward the person, he stops exactly next to the bed. 

 

"Jeonghan-ah," whispered Mingyu, the tears are quickly forming in his two eyes. 

 

He looks away while his hands hold tightly on the edge of the bed tries to control the tears. His gaze shifts back to the face that he miss for all this time . Jeonghan's face look matured compared to the image he has in his memories however what make Mingyu's heart hurt is Jeonghan's face is very pale, thin and look so weak. His Jeonghan looks very ill. He brushes the strands of Jeonghan's hair to the backs.

 

He pulls a chair and sits next to the bed. He finds for Jeonghan's hand and hold it. So cold. He kiss the hand and rubbing it gently with his thumb while his tears that he held for a while streams down on his face. 

 

"Jeonghan-ah, Yoon Jeonghan, I am here, wake up please," Mingyu weeping. 

 

He top of Jeonghan's head gently and kiss Jeonghan's hand again.

 

The door is opened by someone. Mingyu wipes his tears quickly and turn his head toward the door. 

 

"Did he already wake up from yesterday?" asked Mingyu to the nurse.

 

"Yes, once. He fainted when he been brought here, when he woke up, he really weak, we gave him a medicine and asked him to rest," explained the nurse.

 

"Thank you," replied Mingyu.

 

Mingyu takes this time to arrange his luggage and send messages to Seokmin and Mr.Xu informing his arrival while the nurse is checking on Jeonghan's condition and replacing the IV water bag. He comes beside Jeonghan, sits there quietly staring at Jeonghan after the nurse walked out from the room.

 

It is already 5 hours since Mingyu arrived at the hospital. He just called for delivery meal, does not want to leave Jeonghan's side. After take a shower, cleaned himself and changed for the new clothes, Mingyu comes and sits beside Jeonghan again. 

 

------------------------

 

Jeonghan feels someone is caressing top of his head. He could feels the gentleness from the caress. The long time feeling he would not able to receive in here. As soon as he tries to open his eyes slowly, the caress stop. 

 

"Jeonghan-ah~~~" 

 

He heard very familiar voice. 

 

"I must be dreaming again," murmured Jeonghan. 

 

"Yoon Jeonghan, I am here," said the voice.

 

Jeonghan looks at the voice direction. He stuns and his tears automatically falls as soon as he sees clearly the face of the voice's owner. He tries hard to get up from bed with his limited strength without shifting his gaze from that person's face, that person helps him to get up and fixes his bed for the sitting position and sits exactly in front of Jeonghan. 

 

"Mingyu?" called Jeonghan.

 

Mingyu nods.

 

"I came…I am here for you," whispered Mingyu as he looks at Jeonghan with his soft eyes. 

 

"Is it really you? Kim Mingyu? My Mingyu?" asked Jeonghan repeatedly, his shaking pale hands reaching for Mingyu's face, cannot believe the person in front of him, the person he yearns for 7 years. 

 

Jeonghan looks at every inch of Mingyu's matured face. Nothing changes except for his feature and jawline become sharp compared to 7 years ago and his body looks sturdy. 

 

"You are my Mingyu, right?" questioned Jeonghan through his trembling lips as he cries out. 

 

The pain being separated never subside from their heart. 

 

"Ne, I'm Kim Mingyu. Your Mingyu. Jeonghan's Mingyu," replied Mingyu, nods his head a few times while his tears falling down slowly on his cheek. Mingyu's two thumbs keep caressing Jeonghan's wet face. 

 

Jeonghan quickly pulls Mingyu with his two hands, embraces him, leans his weak body to Mingyu. Mingyu's two arms wrapping around Jeonghan's small frame body, holding him tight to release the longing feels between them. 

 

"I miss you, I really miss you," said Jeonghan between his sobbing. 

 

Jeonghan wishes he could think for a better word because 'I miss you' is not really the phrase to describe his feelings whilst Mingyu could not utter any word in this situation, he really could not think any word at all, he only could tighten his embrace to respond to the Jeonghan's words. There are really no word to describe his longing for Jeonghan.

 

They stay in each other embrace for about half an hour. Only Jeonghan's sobs and Mingyu's sniffles can be heard in the room.

 

"Jeonghan-ah, you need to lay down and rest," said Mingyu gently breaking the silent.

 

"I don't want, I don't want to let you go," Jeonghan said while tighten his embrace. 

 

"I know, I also don't want to let you go but your health is more important, I don't want you to be sick," persuade Mingyu.

 

"I don't want," said Jeonghan through his hoarse voice because of crying. 

 

"Han-nie…you are still sick, you really need to rest…I promise I won't go anywhere," said Mingyu through his deep persuading voice.

 

There is a silent.

 

"Han-nie?" Mingyu calls softly.

 

"Promise?" asked Jeonghan.

 

"I promise," replied Mingyu.

 

Mingyu slowly release his arms after Jeonghan loosen his arms around Mingyu. Mingyu moves his hand onto Jeonghan's nape helping Jeonghan to lay down while puts his head slowly on the pillow. Mingyu fixes the bed, pillow and blanket for Jeonghan's comfortability. He stares at Jeonghan's pale face, Jeonghan's gaze never leave his face, he can tell Jeonghan really long for him as much as he long for Jeonghan. 7 years. It is not a short duration. Everything has changed in that long of period but their heart never and till now still beating for each other. Mingyu reaches for Jeonghan's hand, he holds it tightly before lay a kiss on that back of small and pale hand. Jeonghan smiles wearily.

 

"Please rest well, my heart really ache to see you weak like this, ummmm?" Mingyu said softly. 

 

Jeonghan nods, "As long as you are beside me," replied Jeonghan.

 

"I won't leave you and I am not the 7 years ago Mingyu anymore, I will fight for us, nobody can separate us this time, This is I promise you," said Mingyu, wipes away the tears slid on Jeonghan's cheek. 

 

-----------------

 

 

"Mingyu~~Mingyu~~Mingyu~~help me" 

 

Mingyu wakes up from his sleep when he heard his name being called. He gets up quickly when he realizes that is Jeonghan's voice and he comes closer to Jeonghan's bed. Jeonghan's eyes is close but he keeps whimpering Mingyu's name. 

 

"Jeonghan…Jeonghan," Mingyu puts his hand on Jeonghan's shoulder trying to wake him up, but Jeonghan still keep mumbling his name while a tear slid from the corner of Jeonghan's eyes. 

 

Mingyu is getting worry. Mingyu cups Jeonghan's head with his two hand while caressing his hair and call his name slightly louder repeatedly. Suddenly Jeonghan opens his eyes. He gets up with Mingyu's help and sits on his bed with a heavy breath and tears falling from his eyes. He wipes it immediately.

 

"Why?" asked Mingyu, his hands clasp at both side of Jeonghan's face, looking straightly at Jeonghan's face worriedly.

 

Jeonghan takes a deep breath. "I'm okay, just having a nightmare," Jeonghan tries to smile. 

 

"Are you sure you are okay?" asked Mingyu while hand the glass of plain water to Jeonghan. 

 

Jeonghan nods and take the glass from Mingyu, sips the water a bit and gives back to Mingyu. He lies back on his right side on his bed gripping the pillow's sheet a bit before close his eyes. Mingyu notices that. He can smells something is not right and it make him wondering what is Jeonghan's nightmare till make Jeonghan acted like this but he just let it go for now, he promises to himself he will find the reason or wait for Jeonghan to open up to him next time. He p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter