Tourmaline

Midnight Howl

Tourmaline is said to strengthen both body and spirit.


Yixing was a kind person. He was sweet, innocent and usually helped others when they need it. He was the epitome of a Disney princess (except the whole talking to animals thing).

But the past week, Yixing was trying his very hardest to be a little to Kris.

It started with working out when he knew that Kris would be working out as well. Yixing walked into the gym, his hands wrapped in bandages, and began throwing punches at a punching bag. He went through the drills that Jongin taught him. Kris stopped his own workout and stared at Yixing, wincing every time the shorter's fists made contact with the punching bag.

Then it escalated to wrestling with Jongdae and Baekhyun. Those two were the only ones that were weaker (or somewhat the same strength) as Yixing. They were beyond his skill but Yixing used his pure muscles to try to overpower them. Kris looked more and more angry as more bruises appeared on Yixing's pale skin.

But the dimpled male was getting more skilled. His lean stomach slowly formed into well defined abs, his biceps also hardening as well as his legs becoming more powerful. All in all, Yixing was slowly becoming more like a wolf pack member.

It was on a Thursday evening when Kris finally blew up.

Yixing and Tao were sparring on the big blue mat that was spread out in the middle of the ginormous gym. The taller male was more skilled than Yixing could ever be. His long limbs moved with such quick grace. He struck like a cobra. Too quick for the human eye to see, process and react. But Yixing wanted to challenge himself. And Tao was more than happy to teach his ("small coochie coochie baby") hyung .

So there the two stood, staring each other down. Yixing had his knees slightly bent, ready to attack or dodge, whichever was needed first. Tao was situated the same way, his hands raised to cover his face but also in a position to throw punches.

The gym was silent. Kris, and every other pack member who was currently working out all froze and stared at the two Chinese males.

Tao struck first. Yixing almost missed it, but he dodged the strike barely and grabbed Tao's wrist. With the taller male's own momentum, Yixing twisted the arm and tried to kick Tao but the latter slipped out of Yixing's hold and grabbed his leg. Yixing yelped as Tao yanked, causing the dimpled male to come crashing to the ground.

A round of empathized gasps went through the room, momentarily causing Tao to look up. Yixing smirked and kicked upwards, nailing the latter in the gut.

A loud cheer came from the back as Tao doubled over. Yixing popped up and proceeded to throw a couple punches. All of which were deflected by Tao.

The two went on for a while, usually Yixing hitting the mat but relentlessly getting back up. Tao was starting to go lighter on him, letting him get a couple punches in. Yixing realized this and picked up the pace, forcing Tao to keep his guard up. Finally, a misplaced foot caused Yixing's fall, along with a punch that accidentally connected to hard to his face. Yixing let out a groan as his body hit the mat. He clearly got the wind knocked out of him.

Tao gasped and knelt next to Yixing, apologizing profusely but all Yixing could see is Kris's back as he walked away. 
 

 

Yixing groaned as he stepped out of the bathroom. His muscles ached like hell and there was clearly a purple bruise forming on his cheek. Yixing sighed as he adjusted the towel around his waist before heading to his closet to pick out something to wear. He stopped when he saw an outfit laid out on the bed. The dimpled male stepped closer to see a pair of ripped black jeans and a white button up. Yixing bent down to pick up the note which laid on the bedsheets.

Sorry about the bruise babe! Wear this and come downstairs, we have a surprise for you!!! (3).

-Taohun

Yixing laughed at the cute kissy face Tao had drawn and picked up the pair of jeans. 
 

Ten minutes later, fully dressed, his hair dried and somewhat combed and the bruise on his cheek covered with foundation, Yixing walked down the large winding stairs of the mansion.

The sun was setting outside, just barely peeking past the horizon. Yixing paused for a moment, taking in the golden light before it disappeared completely, its light being extinguished and replaced by the chilly darkness. Yixing continued to make his way downstairs, only to frown when he saw all the lights were off. He reached over to flip the switch but stopped when he saw a faint flickering light coming from the doorway of the dining room.

Yixing pulled his hand away from the light switch and slowly made his way towards the dim light (bumping into some furniture along the way). He peeked his head through the doorway only to see Kris sitting by the head of the table, a candle lit up in front of him.

His eyes were closed but the golden hue from the candle flickered across his face, giving him an almost relaxed expression. Yixing cleared his throat as he stood by the doorway.

Kris's eyes opened and Yixing had to bit his lip to suppress a gasp. If he thought Kris's normal stormy grey eyes were pretty than the golden shade that his eyes took in the candle light was gorgeous. Kris stood up, showing that he was dawned in a suit. A tie was loosely tied around his neck but he looked....good.

Yixing quickly turned his attention to his converse clad feet, too flustered to look up.

"Queen?"

There was a soft caress to his cheek before a finger lifted up his chin, making Yixing look at Kris.

"Are you hungry?"

His tone was soft, his husky voice a whisper, as if he was trying not to spook Yixing. The dimpled male nodded once, his voice stuck in his throat. Kris smiled softly, just a gentle smirk as he clasped Yixing's hand and tugged him towards the table.

He sat Yixing down right next to him, "Here, tell me what you want." Kris said, picking up the utensils to serve Yixing.

The dimpled male looked around the dark living room, which was only lit by a single candle before turning his attention back to Kris. He pointed at several dishes, only allowing a faint "this" to come out of his mouth.  After Kris finished serving Yixing and himself, he sat down and started to eat, motioning Yixing to do the same.

Yixing didn't move.

Kris noticed and set down his chopsticks, "Do you want to talk first Queen?"

Yixing nodded, "I thought....weren't you mad at me?"

Kris frowned, "Annoyed? Yes. Mad? No. I was only worried about your safety Yixing, you know that."

Yixing mirrored Kris's expression, "I'm not some China doll Kris! I can handle myself."

Kris reached over, causing Yixing to flinch as he roughly rubbed his bruised cheek. Yixing hissed in pain before pulling away, holding his jaw. Kris held up his fingers, which were covered in Yixing's foundation. Through the reflection of the metal serving plate, Yixing could see that his bruise was now visible.

"It was an accident." Yixing mumbled, still hiding the bruise.

Kris wiped his fingers with a napkin, "See Yixing? Even with Tao and me in the room, you still got a bruise on your cheek. What would happen out in the real world? Where people are trying to kill you?"

"You send Junmyeon out in the field! He's more timid than I am."

"Junmyeon's had training Yixing! Don't pull him into this."

"Exactly! You haven't given me the chance to train! I promise I'll work hard and be as tough as any other pack member." Yixing sighed and slowly lifted his hand, placing over Kris's own hand which was up into a ball on the table, "Kris.... all I ask is I be treated like any other pack member. I want to learn how to fight, how to defend myself and how to help others! I can't be the weak link anymore. I'm not going to let anyone get hurt because of me."

Kris flipped his hand around and interlocked their fingers, "Queen, any member of the pack are willing to die for you. It's just the way things are. You can do them a favor and stay out of danger."

Yixing frowned, his eyes glistening with tears, "Kris please. Teach me yourself then! Train me personally so I don't get hurt. I promise to stay by your side and stay out of trouble. But you have to promise me to treat me like you would treat Junmyeon or Jongin."

Kris lifted his free hand and gently caressed Yixing's bruised cheek, "I would treat you a hundred times better than I do to them."

"Kris..."

"Alright I promise. But you have to answer one question."

"I will."

"Why are you still here? You had plenty of chances to run away. You are kept here like a prisoner yet you don't hate me, or anyone."

Yixing smiled softly, squeezing Kris's hand ever so slightly, "Luhan is here, Xiumin is here. Tao and Sehun are here. Jongin is here and you are here. Where else would I be?"

Yixing paused, "This is my home now. The wolf pack protected me during the attack, you feed me, let me take my college classes, you let me dance, play and sleep. I've had more people care for me than I did my entire life. Why would I leave that?"

There was a long pause as Yixing's chocolate brown eyes met with Kris's golden ones. The silence wasn't suffocating for once, it was comforting.

Yixing spoke again, but this time it was barely a whisper. "Why would I leave you?"

 

 

Their dinner was ended by a call from Luhan. Yixing and Kris had finished their food but were still talking. Yixing cursed the ringtone that broke the comfortable atmosphere and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Ah Yixing, can you and Kris come down to the main lounge? XiaoTong wants to talk to you guys."

"Who?"

"The girl from Icarus, that's her real name. Not Suyu."

Yixing glance up at Kris who was giving him a questioning look, "Oh, okay. Be there in a few." Yixing hung up the phone and placed it in his back pocket.

He stood up, fixing his shirt, "LuLu wants us, says the girl from Icarus wants to talk."

Kris nodded and stood up as well. He started to walk past Yixing before stopping at the doorway. Yixing looked at him, confused as why the male suddenly stopped. But then, Kris held out his hand. He was looking in the other direction, his other hand stuffed in his pocket, in an attempt to be nonchalant. Yixing smiled and walked towards the tall male, taking his outstretched hand.

The two made their way down to the main lounge. The silence stayed between them, even in the elevator but Yixing didn't mind. He didn't need conversation to feel comfortable with Kris. The male was a silent anchor.

They walked past the pack members dancing in the little makeshift club before entering the backroom which entertained all of the elite members. They made their entrance, getting raised eyebrows at the clasped hands. The ten other members along with the girl were sitting at the long rectangular table, leaving the head seat empty.

Kris guided Yixing to sit on the other end of the table between Jongin and Xiumin. He walked towards the head of the table and sat in his chair, "Why was our dinner interrupted?"

Luhan cleared his throat, his hand patting the girl's back reassuringly, "XiaoTong wants to talk. She has some really good information about Icarus."

Kris scrunched his eyebrows, "Who?"

The girl looked up, her long black hair falling down her shoulders, framing her petite face, "Me. That's my real name."

Kris nodded and rested his elbows on the table, "Well. Talk."

XiaoTong nodded and cleared , "I was taken from my home when I was young. I don't know how they chose me but they did. Icarus has really upped their game on human trafficking Mr. Wu. They have huge trafficking rings that circulate all around China and go as far as America sometimes."

Kris nodded, "Alright, what's the process of being trafficked?"

XiaoTong flinched at the harsh wording but continued, "Well, they brand you." She turned around and raised her shirt. On her back was a broken angel wing tattoo, "It signifies the innocence that...that I lost. And then we get our picture taken, our information uploaded onto a website on the dark web and then it's basically like a shop. Rich people can just click and choose who they want delivered to their front door."

Tao scowled, his fists clenching as Sehun tried to comfort him down. Kyungsoo on the other hand turned around calmly and chucked five knives towards the dartboards across the room. Each one hit bullseye. 
He turned around again and cleared his throat, "If I can just get a spyware into their computers, I can shut the whole thing down."

Chanyeol gasped and threw his arms around Kyungsoo while Baekhyun peppered kisses onto the stoic male's cheek, "Look at our genius babysoo." Baekhyun cooed as he nuzzled Kyungsoo's neck. Yixing bit back a smile at the cute affectionate display before turning his attention back to Kris.

"Alright. Plan. We get someone to go in the inside, plug in the spyware and get out. Kyungsoo will shut down the website from here, buy us time. In the meantime, a couple others will work on bringing the different rings down."

XiaoTong nodded, "That will work Mr.Wu. They keep all the girls in one building, at least, the ones who haven't been shipped out yet. We can get those girls out. There's one man who runs the trafficking part of Icarus."

Kris looked up from his notes with interest, "Who?"

XiaoTong shrugged, "I'm not sure, but he goes by Lucifer. It's cheesy but it makes sense. You know, with all the broken angel wing tattoos."

Kris sighed, rubbing his head with his fingers, "Alright. Kyungsoo, work on that spyware. See if you can't make one that also downloads all the buyer information. We can send that to the police and have them take care of it. It's too big for us to handle. We need someone to be the inside man."

Tao raised his hand, "Boss I'll do it."

Kris shook his head, "No, you were at the last deal with Icarus when it went south. They know that you're with me." He sighed and looked around the room, "In fact, he knows everyone in this room, except for XiaoTong."

The pretty girl's eyes widened as she shook her head, "N-no please don't...don't make me go b-back there. Please don't- don't." She stammered, clearly having a sort of panic attack. Luhan was quick to wrap his arms around her, rubbing her back gently as he whispered soothing words.

He looked up, concern in his eyes, "Boss, she can't do it. Don't make her go back to that hell."

Yixing stood up, "I'll go."

"NO!"

Yixing jumped at the eleven "no's" that echoed around the room, "Guys! I'm the only person who isn't officially tied with the Wolf pack. Besides, I think I'm attractive enough to pull this off."

Jongin stood up, his chair falling backwards at the sudden force, "No ing way Yixing. There's no way we're letting you do this."

Yixing turned to Kris, "Kris... you promised."

Kris sighed heavily, staring back at Yixing. The others turned their heads back and forth between the two, like they were watching an intense tennis match.

Finally Kris broke, "Fine, but we are going by my rules."

Jongin was taken back, "Boss! You can't really be thinking about se-"

"Enough. I made my decision."

The others grumbled but went off to get ready for the mission. Jongin stayed, glaring at Kris and Yixing. Finally the tanned male stood up and stormed away, most likely heading to his dance studio. Kris sighed as he continued to rub his head. Yixing stood up and walked closer, slowly approaching the stressed male, "I'll talk to him."

Kris just nodded, turning away from the black haired male, hiding his face. He wasn't going to let the dimpled male see how scared he was to let Yixing go.

 


Yes, I added Lu's girlfriend (XiaoTong) into the story. I think they are the cutest things in the whole world and Luhan deserves happiness so let's all be supportive of them okay? Luhan is human too and he's already 27, as his fans, we shouldn't be so possesive over idols. Let the live, let them love! Besides Luhan loves his fans and is constantly releasing music and pictures and updates, we should return the favor by supporting him and XiaoTong. 

 

A L S O !!!!
I'm releasing a halloween fic, the 13 day countdown to Halloween starts on the 19th so be sure to check in and read my halloween special!! (it's ot12 of course)