Turquoise

Midnight Howl

Turquoise is the stone of friendship.

Luhan sighed heavily as he stared at his best friend. The dimpled male was sitting in the garden, behind the mansion and protected by large bushes and high fences.

Yixing was sitting on a swing, gently swaying and forth. He had a book in his lap, yet he was staring off into the distance. His slow blinking and hazed eyes was a telltale sign that the brown haired male was deep in thought. The breeze must've been light, pushing his hair back every so often. But Yixing looked sad. His eyes were droopy and didn't have that normal playful glint to them.

Luhan never meant to hurt Yixing. After Yixing woke up after the attack, he refused to speak to Luhan. The threat was neutralized and Yifan was on the flight back with Jongdae and Junmyeon but Luhan had lied to Yixing. For all his life.

If Luhan was in Yixing's place, he wouldn't forgive himself either. The blonde male was torn out of his thoughts by a hand on his shoulder. 
He turned to see Minseok standing behind him, "Hey."

Luhan smiled sadly, "Hi."

"How's he doing?" Minseok asked, gently squeezing Luhan's shoulder comfortingly. Luhan frowned, "Look at him."

Minseok peered out the window, "He just needs time Lu. We both know that."

Luhan blinked back tears that threatened to roll down his cheek, "I know but...I just want to explain this whole thing to him."

Minseok nodded, "I know, he's just as close of a friend to me. But he needs time to think."

Luhan nodded and stepped away from the window, "Boss should be here any second, let's go greet him."

The blonde haired male swung an arm around Minseok's neck, "And Jongdae is back. I bet you guys can go catch up." Luhan wiggled his eyebrows, "You know, make up for lost time."

Minseok shoved his best friend into a wall. 



 

Yixing flinched when he heard low footsteps approaching him. He turned to see Kris walking towards him in a quick pace. The dimpled male stood up, ignoring the book that fell from his lap, "Kri-"

He was cut off by Kris bringing him into his arms. The taller male held Yixing tightly, hugging him as if he was made out of porcelain, "I'm so sorry." Kris mumbled into Yixing's neck, "I'm so sorry I wasn't here to protect you."

Yixing didn't know what to do. So he didn't do anything. He let Kris hug him, "Um...it's okay. I really didn't get hurt."

Kris pulled away from the shorter male, "What do you mean you didn't get hurt? Look at this!" He growled, pointing out the bandage on Yixing's head. Turns out, when the man hit him with the gun, it had scraped his skin a little.... along with knocking him out. But Yixing was fine.

Yixing brushed Kris's fingers off his head, "I'm fine. You should be worried about Jongin. He got shot."

Kris nodded, "Yea, so did Kyungsoo and Tao but it isn't the first time. They'll be okay."

Yixing sighed heavily, "Was it you?"

Kris turned and looked at Yixing, confused at what the smaller male was asking, "What are you talki-"

"Luhan...Xiumin. Me being friends with them isn't a coincidence is it?"

Kris sighed, "I think it's time we talk."



 

Yixing was venomous, sitting across from Luhan on the round table. A light hung from the ceiling, illuminating the dim room. Kris was on the left side of Yixing while Jongin was on his right. The tanned male was whispering jokes into Yixing's ear, trying to make the dimpled male smile but he only got a glare from Kris.

"Alright, in terms of clean up." Kris started, "Kyungsoo, Xiumin and Junmyeon. Can you guys make sure the bodies are dumped some place where their original gangs can't trace them back to us?"

Kyungsoo nodded after getting thumbs up from both other males.

The meeting went on for a while. Kris mainly talked about the next steps, which gangs they were going to target and how they were changing their security. After another two hours, the twelve were free to disperse. Yixing walked out immediately, ignoring Luhan and Xiumin's calls. He couldn't even look the two in the eyes. They had been friends for god knows how long but to find out that it was probably all fake? That broke Yixing's heart.

He valued his friendship with the other two over most things in his life. Luhan and Xiumin had saved his life more than once, and in more than one way. How long had Kris kept tabs on Yixing?

Why were they so interested in him?

Yixing made it all the way up to his bedroom without being stopped. Yes, he had run into Sehun and Tao but the two were well aware that Yixing needed his space right now. So that's what they gave him. 

Yixing stayed in his bedroom, door locked. He sat at the foot of his bed, curled up in a small ball with his back resting against the railing of the queen sized bed. His eyes were bloodshot red from crying, his nose pink from all the tissues he used.

The body was gone, along with the blood. The only sign of it being there was the faint aroma of cleaning bleach. The sun had gone down slowly while Yixing was in his room. The light that flooded through the window slowly turned from bright yellow, to a hazy gold to a blazing purple before disappearing completely. Only to be replaced by the moon's rays. It was a full moon that night.

Yixing heard the first knock on the door at around 8.

"Yixing? Doll, it's getting late and I bet you're hungry."

It was Chanyeol.

As soon as the pink haired male brought up dinner, Yixing's stomach growled. He did miss lunch that afternoon.

"I'll just place it here, by the door." Chanyeol announced from the other side of the locked door. Yixing heard the faint thud of plates being set down on hardwood flooring and Chanyeol's footsteps slowly receding.

Yixing waited a couple minutes before crawling towards the door. He went up on his knees and slowly unlocked the door. He opened the door, wincing as it creaked open. As soon as it was wide enough for Yixing to pop his head through, he saw a blonde haired male sitting on the floor across from the door, his back against the wall and his knees against his chest.

His eyes lit up once he caught sight of Yixing, "Xingie!"

Yixing slammed the door shut, not even bothering to grab the food. He locked the door, his heart pounding. Yixing slowly slid down the closed door, his hitting the ground painfully as he tried to blink away his tears.

"Go away Luhan." Yixing called out.

"No! Just let me explain."

Yixing didn't answer.

"I swear to god Yixing, our friendship was always real to me."

Yixing choked back a sob, "You're lying! You're a part of this whole fest."

Yixing heard Luhan scoot closer to the door, "XingXing please. Kris's father told me do keep you close, he told me and Xiumin to become your friends."

"How old were you? Like eight? Nine?" Yixing spat out, "Started from a young age I see."

"Mr. Wu saved us okay?! I was kidnapped when I was six. I was being shipped to England. Where I was supposed to be trained for a...." Yixing heard Luhan take a large gulp, "A brothel."

Yixing's heart dropped.

"Mr. Wu saved me and raised me like his own son, along with every other kid he saved. Xiumin was being sold to an illegal fishing boat that used slaves. He was going to spend his life behind crusty bars making fishnets with little food and daily beatings."

Yixing could heard Luhan sobbing, "He saved us Yixing....and he wanted to save you. That's why he told me and Xiumin to become your friends."

Yixing sniffed, "I didn't need saving, I was fine."

Luhan let out a wry chuckle, "Yixing you have no idea how many times I had to call for backup because someone was tailing us, or someone was planning a hit on you."

Yixing buried his head in his hands, his fingers digging into his hair, "Why?! Why am I so important?!"

Luhan sighed, "I can't tell you Yixing. But I promise you, all those nights we spent talking and eating ice cream. All those times we spent crying on each others' shoulders. Every single minute, every ing second I spent with you ...I meant it Yixing."

Luhan sighed heavily. Yixing could practically see the blonde hair shaking with the threat of tears, "I'm your best friend, I always was and I always will be."

It was silent and for a spilt second, Luhan was sure that Yixing wouldn't forgive him. Until the lock on the door slowly turned, before clicking open. Luhan scrambled to his feet, wiping the tears from his eye. Yixing stood behind the open door, his own face streaked with tears, "You mean it?" The latter asked in such a fragile tone.

Luhan wasted no time wrapping his arms around his best friend, holding him tightly and silently apologizing for everything.

Yixing smiled as he hugged Luhan back. He knew. Just by the desperate hug, he knew that Luhan meant every damn word.