Garnet

Midnight Howl

Make sure you read the bonus chapter before this. It doesn't effect the plot, I just thought it was funny.


Garnet brings courage to abandon the harmful
Warning: this chapter gets very violent towards the end.

Yixing was silent as the man walked him towards the drinks table, a hand splayed out on his lower back. Yixing shifted uncomfortably as the hand got lower. It was weird. Yixing felt like he knew that touch. He was uncomfortable because he felt so comfortable with this stranger. Yixing didn't understand, nor did he have the time to think much of it.

But Yixing held onto the hope that this was almost over. He knew that, at this very moment, Kris would be launching cyber-attacks against Icarus's black market sites, Tao and Sehun were infiltrating the drug cartel shipments and Junmyeon was making sure every piece of evidence that can be used to testify against Icarus was being sent to the police.

"Care for a drink?"

Yixing gnawed at his bottom lip. Why did that voice sound so familiar?

"Hello? Earth to Lay?"

Yixing blinked, looking up at the tall male, "Oh! Sorry. Um, I'll pass."

The man shrugged, his eyes gazing Yixing up and down, "More for me."

The two stayed by the drinks table. It was odd because neither were drinking. The room started to clear out. Whether it was clients taking their buys to rooms in the warehouse or back to their own place of choice, the familiar faces were quickly disappearing.

The tall stranger led them outside, past Lucifer who shot Yixing a big smile and two thumbs up, past Joy who winked cheekily before walking away with
"Shall we go?" The man set down a glass of untouched champagne and held out his arm. Yixing wanted to run, run as fast as he could in the opposite direction but he willed himself to stay. He let out a shaky breath and placed a tender hand on the man's arm.
orange haired woman.
It wasn't till they were outside, walking through the cold air towards the stranger's car that he spoke again.


"How are you doing....doll?"


Yixing whipped around, hand still on the door handle as he stared at the male. There was no way.....is that why the man's voice sounded so familiar? Why his touch on his back felt so safe? Why his eyes sparkled in a way that suggested Yixing didn't know something but the stranger did?
With a swift moment, the tall man yanked off his mask, and with it, a brown wig. Yixing yelped with joy as he raced into Chanyeol's arms.
"You're here!" Yixing shouted, burying his face in the latter's chest. 
"Of course!" Chanyeol said, squeezing Yixing tightly, "You think Kris would just let you be sold off like that?"

"But...the money." Yixing started, his brain finally processing how much money was actually spent for him, "Chanyeol, that's too much! We have to get it back."

Chanyeol snorted, "You actually believe that I'll let Icarus have our money?" He glanced down at his expensive watch, "I say we have about another two minutes before that money burns up."

Yixing started at the tall male, still not understanding. Chanyeol opened the door of his car and got it, prompting Yixing to do the same. With a push of a button, the engine roared to life, the sleek expensive car purring as Chanyeol moved the car into reverse.

"It's Kyungsoo's invention, bless that small bald man. It's fake money, made to look so real that even Icarus doesn't question the authenticity. After a set timer goes off, the money burns, leaving nothing in the case, making Icarus look like idiots. I say it's a win-win."

Yixing laughed, mostly because he was relieved to be back in the safety of the wolf pack, "Man, I can't get over how much I love you guys."

Chanyeol turned the car forward and shifted into speed, his mischievous eyes twinkling with delight, "Let's go kick some Icarus ."

They drove away quickly, Chanyeol pressed hard on the accelerator. A minute later, there was a crack of a gunshot that echoed through the air. Chanyeol laughed, one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the shift stick, "I guess they found out the money isn't real.


 

 

It wasn't long till they reached Icarus headquarters. Chanyeol put his wig back on as they approach the guard at the gate. He nodded when he saw Yixing's broken wing tattoo and let them pass. Yixing had heard from Taemin that it wasn't uncommon to bring the bidder back to headquarters after an auction. The two made their way past the security. Chanyeol checked his watch, biting his bottom lip as he looked around.

"Chanyeol what's wrong?"

The pink haired male shook his head, "Nothing Doll, just looking for a specific door."

He walked briskly to the end of the hallway, Yixing at his heels. "Chanyeol, the main computer room is on the bottom floor."

Chanyeol just nodded, acknowledging the information and pushed the door in front of him. It was locked.

"Chan-"

Chanyeol brought his finger up to his lips. Yixing shut his mouth immediately. He just watched as the tall male pulled a bobby pin out of his pocket and pried it open. With the two thin sides of the metal, he shimmied it into the keyhole and picked the lock expertly. He grinned in satisfaction as he opened the door, revealing a mainframe of circuits and wires.

"Watch this Doll." Chanyeol said, a wide smile on his face. He yanked the wires, all but one row. The lights started the flicker, the computerized dorm doors all slammed open and the cameras which were blinking red, died completely.

Chanyeol shoved the bobby pin back in his pocket and slammed the door shut, "Come on everyone!" He yelled as he ran past the open doors.

Yixing followed, a smile on his face as both men and women darted out of their prisons. Chanyeol cupped his hands around his mouth, projecting his voice, "Please make your way to the back of this building, there is a bus waiting outside to take you to appropriate medical attention and then get you home." Yixing smiled as everyone ran past them with wide smiles. The plan was working!

Quickly, Chanyeol and Yixing clambered into the elevator. Yixing pressed the bottom floor button and watched as the metal doors slowly closed.

"I ripped out all the power except this elevator and the main computer room." Chanyeol said, looking up at the hatch on the elevator ceiling. It was silent until they heard a loud thud on the top of the elevator. Yixing grabbed the side railing, "Wha-".

Chanyeol pulled a screwdriver out of his pocket and started undoing the screws. Once he got two done on one side, he pulled the covering down and through it fell Jongin.

Yixing gasped happily before he launched himself at the tanned male, who held him close.

"Why are you here?" Yixing whispered, burying his face in Jongin's neck. The latter held him just as tightly.

"I would never leave you alone."

Jongin let go of Yixing and gestured towards Chanyeol, "Besides, who knows what trouble this big oaf would get into.

Chanyeol looked offended, "Uh excuse me, I got this far didn't I?"

Jongin snorted, "Okay fine."

Yixing just smiled as the elevator doors slid open. He should have never doubted the wolf pack. He was one of them, and they never leave a member behind. The Chinese male led Chanyeol and Jongin to the main computer room. With a hand on the keypad, Yixing turned to the two tall men behind him, "This place is going to have several guards. And it's biometric lock is almost impossible to bypass. At least that's what Taemin told me."

Chanyeol flashed one of his trademark smirks, "Oh yeah. Bet, I can get this door open without even needing to hack the system."

Jongin crossed his arms, "Bet."

Chanyeol knocked on the door loudly, "Boys~~~ I have a present for you!" Yixing cringed as the tall male used the most high pitched, falsetto voice he could. Jongin clapped a hand over his mouth, to stop himself from bursting out into laughter.

The door swung open and before the guard had time to react, Chanyeol punched him square in the nose. The guard stumbled backwards into the room and Chanyeol followed, delivering a swift kick to the side of the head. Jongin rushed into the room right behind the tall male, unsheathing two guns from his belt.

"Jongin!" Yixing yelled out, "Don't kill."

Jongin groaned loudly but tucked the guns back into his belt and pulled out a third thinner gun from his ankle holster. He turned to Yixing, holding the weapon up, "Tranquilizer. Happy?"

Yixing gave him the thumbs up and Jongin took four clean shots, hitting the side of the neck of each guard in the room.

Chanyeol grinned, "Guess I won the bet."

Jongin rolled his eyes, "Oh please, you were just playing dirty."

"That's what I do best, babe."

Yixing cleared his throat, "Uh, as much as I'm enjoying this banter, can we please get on with our mission."

"Yes Doll, I'm on it." Chanyeol said formally, doing a goofy salute towards the Chinese male.

"Chanyeol!"

"Ah, sorry sorry." The cotton haired male turned towards the wall of computers and monitors and started typing away.

"I'll stand guard." Jongin said, moving towards the open door.

Yixing turned to the other wall full of security camera footage, "I'll keep an eye out."

Chanyeol's limb fingers were moving as quick as his mouth usually did, his thick eyebrows furrowed and tongue sticking out in concentration.

"Okay, I just sent the profiles of every single person held against their will here to the police. I also sent the profiles of all the high-end gang members of Icarus. And bonus! I planted a self-destructing virus on their black market site."

Yixing smiled widely, taking his eyes off the camera monitors, "That's great Yeol, we should go now."

"Funny you think you can just walk out of here with your life."

Yixing at that moment regretted many things. Number one, not watching the monitor closely enough.

Chanyeol and Yixing turned to see Jongin slumped against Lucifer, a bloody knife sticking through his gut. Yixing screamed as he took in the red blossoming on Jongin's shirt. Chanyeol surged forward only to stop when Lucifer pulled the knife out of Jongin and held it against the tan male's neck. Yixing felt tears bubbling in his eyes. Jongin's own brown eyes were slowly closing.

"No! Jongin, keep them open. Stay with me." Yixing cried, wanting to rip Jongin out of Lucifer's grasp.

Jongin's head bobbed up and down, his face contorting in pain, a small groan spilling from his lips. "Jongin..." Yixing was now babbling, slowly moving closer to Jongin.

"Nuh-uh, you pretty little thing. One step closer and I'll slit his throat."

Yixing froze in his spot, slowly sliding down to the ground in surrender. Lucifer grinned, "That's a good boy."

Chanyeol snarled, his usually friendly face now stone cold as he glared at Lucifer, "I will kill you slowly. I will tear you apart, piece by ing piece."

Lucifer cackled again, "You're assuming you're going to be alive past the next ten minutes? How bold of you."

Yixing slowly slid backwards, his eyes lighting up when he felt something metal brush his hand. He turned slightly to see a knife that had fallen out of the pocket of an unconscious guard.

"Why. Why did you stab him?" Yixing said unnecessarily loud. Chanyeol gave him a confused look, as in a  "isn't it kind of obvious ?" look.

Yixing made meaningful eye contact and Chanyeol's own face showed a sign of understanding.

"You destroyed everything that I have built for the past ten years, Lay. If that even is your name." Lucifer spat, his grip on Jongin getting tighter, "Taking your life and your stupid elf sidekick's life is but a small repayment of the damage you have caused me."

"You don't know who you're messing with." Chanyeol said loudly, "The wolf pack never hunts alone."

Lucifer laughed, as if Chanyeol told him the funniest joke, "You think that weak- -show that the Wu's are running will be able to do anything to me?"

Yixing leaned backwards, his hand curling around the handle of the knife, "You know Lucifer, when Kris dropped me off, I was pretty terrified."

Lucifer grinned, "Go on."

Yixing's grip tightened on the knife, "I hated the way you treated people. I hated how you sold them, disregarded them. You are a terrible person."

Lucifer nodded, "Yea, I don't know how I sleep at night."

Yixing's eyes locked with Jongin's, "But there was only one thing running through my mind while I was here."

"And what silly thought was that?"

"That I was going to bring the devil straight to hell." Yixing snarled. At the very moment, Jongin threw his head back, slamming the back of his head against Lucifer's chin. In that small window of confusion, Yixing whipped his arm to the front, letting the knife fly from his head on a deadly straight path.

The knife embedded itself into Lucifer's gut and Jongin pushed him backward. Yixing and Chanyeol rushed forward as one. Chanyeol caught Jongin and Yixing kept moving towards Lucifer.

It was like a haze settled over Yixing's brain. He could see red. He remembered quite little, only that his fists connected with Lucifer's face, that his hand curled around the knife's handle once more and that was it.

It was only after Yixing regained control of his mind and body that he registered how he was on top of Lucifer's lifeless body. How his hands were stained red.

Yixing looked up to see Jongin passed out in Chanyeol's lap, and how the latter was staring back at him with shock.

Tears threatened Yixing's eyes as he relaxed his fist. The knife fell from his hand, the metal clattered to the ground with what seemed like a deafening sound.

"C-chanyeol.."

The male was speechless. His eyes wide and his jaw dropped open as he took in what a bloody mess the Chinese male was.

Yixing had finally become the monster he was so desperately running away from.