Chalcedony

Midnight Howl

Chalcedony is considered a sacred stone of goodwill.

 

Yixing blinked as he watched Chanyeol step in front of him. The dimpled male was sat comfortably in his best friend's lap, waiting for the eccentric pink haired male's instructions. Chanyeol stood in the middle of the large kitchen, looking wildly around until he found what he was looking for.

A wooden spoon.

"Ladies, I'd like to announce the beginning of the intense harD-CORE LIFE OR DEATH BAKING COMPETITION."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been planning this 'friendly' competition all day. After learning that Yixing dabbled in baking in his free time, they just had to have a bake off between Kyungsoo and the said male. Chanyeol kicked all the maids out of the kitchen and they were all standing or sitting a couple meters away, watching the antics of their young masters.

Luhan wrapped his arms around Yixing, propping his chin on the latter's shoulder. Yixing wiggled closer to Luhan on the latter's lap. "You better win Xing Xing, I have money on you."

Yixing gasped and turned around, "You bet on me?!"

"Yea, Jongin put five on Kyungsoo. So I had to do the same."

Yixing scrunched his nose, "Five dollars? That's it?"

Luhan grinned sheepishly, "Um...five thousand?"

Yixing's eyes nearly popped out of his head. But before he could protest, Luhan nudged him to look forward, "Xing Xing, Chanyeol is announcing the challenge."

Yixing sighed and turned his attention back to the rambling male. He was unnaturally excited, his hand gripping the wooden spoon, holding it to his mouth like a microphone. He was rambling and cracking jokes, making the maids giggle but the others roll their eyes.

Jongin cupped his mouth with his hands, "Get with it you turd."

Chanyeol turned to Jongin and gasped, "Rude."

"Anyway, as I was saying," the male continued after the uncivilized interruption, "The challenge is to make a yummy yummy cake BUT you have to make it as a representation of your soul."

Luhan leaned closer to Yixing, "Aye, you can just sprinkle glitter on some and you're all set to go." The male whispered in the latter's ear. Yixing smiled sweetly at his best friends before elbowing him in the gut.

"IN ONE CORNER, THE MONSTER. THE ONE AND ONLY DEVIL THAT CAN ROCK SKINNY JEANS....DOOOOO KYUNGS-"

Chanyeol enthusiastic yell was cut off by Kyungsoo shoving the male's wooden spoon in his mouth. The other doubled over in laughter, clapping for the shorter male. Chanyeol pouted and scooted away from Kyungsoo, "And on the other corner!!!"

Luhan shoved Yixing off his lap, forcing the male to stand.

"Is our very oWN ANGEL. OUR PRECIOUS LITTLE CINNAMON ROLL WHO NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED...ZHANG YIXING!!!"

Jongin let out a loud catcall as he pumped his arms in the air. For someone who bet against Yixing, he was very supportive. Jongdae was waving his glass of wine in the air in good will. Sehun was feeding Tao some grapes but paused to blow a kiss at the shorter male. If you couldn't tell, Yixing was Sehun's favorite (besides Tao of course).

"And!! Our speciaL JUDGE...MY CUTIE PATOOTIE BAEKIE HONEY."

Kyungsoo slapped his forehead in shame as Baekhyun popped his head from a door way. He stepped inside the kitchen, raising an arm up dramatically, "I'm here, I'm queer and I'm ready to kinkshame your 'til you can't walk"

Yixing was dumbfounded. Chanyeol pushed the two males together, "Alrighty! Everything you need is in this kitchen! GO."

He backed away quickly, as if Kyungsoo and Yixing were going to fly at each other and throw punches but they just stood there. Slowly Kyungsoo raised one hand. Chanyeol fidgeted in his spot, bringing the spoon microphone back up to his mouth, "Oh man, looks like there's some high tension in the kitchen today. Is the badass Kyungsoo gonna beat up poor little Yi-"

He stopped talking when Kyungsoo gently patted Yixing's cheek.

"Oh never mind."

The two had no choice but to entertain Chanyeol. They started to bake. It was annoying enough that ten other people were watching them, along with all the maids, egging them on and shouting fun chants. But Chanyeol was also making a comment on every single ing thing.

Yixing cracked an egg?

Chanyeol had a comment for that, "AW MAN LOOK AT THAT SKILL. BEAUTIFUL HANDS CRACKING TWO EGGS AT ONCE."

Kyungsoo gently frosting the cake to add more layers?

"OH LOOK AT THAT TECHNIQUE. SO S O F T AND N E A T."

Kyungsoo threw multiple bowls at the tall male but he never really shut up. Finally, with all the yelling and screaming in the kitchen, Kris had to come down from his room to see what was happening. But the last thing he expected to see was Yixing slowly icing a cake, his nose covered in pastel pink icing and his black hair made white with all the flour that he spilled on himself.

"What is going on in my kitchen?!"

Kris's roar made everyone freeze.

Even Kyungsoo looked up, hands red from dying his fondue. Jongdae giggled, "Look, Kyungsoo's been caught....RED handed."

The brown haired male didn't hesitate to throw a bowl in the latter's direction.

Chanyeol stood up sheepishly, "Hey boss! We're just....um... we...." The pink haired male was at lost. He was tall but right now, he was cowering in front of Kris.

Yixing felt bad for the tall male. He was just trying to have a little fun. So Yixing picked up his bowl, the very one he used to mix up his cake batter. There was still some access on the sides so he scraped it up with a finger and held it out to Kris. With the sweetest smile he could muster, Yixing motioned to the bowl, "We're just baking! And having a friendly competition." Yixing moved his finger closer to Kris, "Would you like to try some?"

It seemed like everyone in the room were holding their breaths. Yixing stood, frozen, in front of Kris. On his tiptoes and a finger outstretched near the taller's mouth.

Finally Kris smiled softly and the batter off of Yixing's finger, "Hmm....it's good Queen."

He looked around, "Is there an extra seat for me?"

It was like everyone in the room let out the breath they were holding all at the same time. Jongin stood up and patted the stool he was sitting on, "Here boss."

Kris nodded his head thankfully and sat down in the latter's seat. After Yixing calmed his heartbeat down, he went back to his cake.

And Chanyeol went back to his stupid comments.

"WOW LOOK AT THAT GOLD EDIBLE PAINT. I JUST WANT TO POUR THAT OVER MY NAKE-"

Kyungsoo was running out of bowls to throw.

Finally Yixing slowly stuck the fondue horn into his cake and stepped back. He smiled and clapped his hands before turning around. "LuLu look!" Yixing pointed at his cake proudly. The blonde haired male smiled like a proud soccer mom which he was, in more ways then one.

"Good job sweetie!"

Yup. Luhan was the number one soccer mom.

Kyungsoo had also finished his cake and he stepped back, taking a look at the final product. He glanced at Yixing's final cake and burst out laughing. He couldn't help it. With the duality between the two cakes...it was ridiculous. Kyungsoo's cake was red, had a little devil face drawn on it in frosting and little horns and tail made out of fondue.

Yixing's was white, had cute eyes and a glittery golden horn sticking off the top. Not to mention the frostings that were colored pastel pinks, purples and blues that were placed to look like that Unicorn's mane.

The two cakes couldn't have been more different.

At that moment, everyone else in the was room realized that Yixing was nothing more than a ball of sunshine, happiness and pastel unicorn cakes. Baekhyun happily declared Yixing the winner. Kyungsoo didn't even care. He was too busy having his heart melted by the gummy smile Yixing was producing. 



 

Yixing took a deep breath before he knocked on the door. The heavy grunting and sound of something being punched stopped. A couple seconds later, the metal door swung open, revealing a sweaty Jongin. His hair was plastered to his forehead as he panted. His hands were tied with padding and covered in boxing gloves.

"Yixing?"

The dimpled male took a deep breath, "Sehun said you were the second best fighter. Tao is busy. LuLu said that he's off on a job...whatever that means. But I need your help."

Jongin frowned and opened the door wider, "Come on in, you didn't have to knock."

Actually Yixing learned the hard way that he should knock. The underground system was very confusing. Even though Sehun offered to drop Yixing off at the gym, where Jongin currently was...the dimpled male refused.

He wasn't a child that needed to be chaperoned everywhere.

No but Yixing quickly realized, child or not, it was better to be accompanied by someone who knew where they were going. 
So far, Yixing accidentally walked into an armory, a lab (which for some reason were growing plants. Why would a lab grow plants?), a gross dormitory and a bathroom. An occupied bathroom.

It was safe to say that Yixing had quite the adventure trying to find Jongin.

"Yixing?"

Yixing blinked, "Sorry, I just..." he took a deep breath, "I need someone to teach me to defend myself."

Jongin frowned, "No you don't. Boss will always protect you, and when he's not around I'll be happy to throw my life on the line for you."

Yixing threw his hands in the air, exasperated, "No! That's exactly the point! What makes my life more important then yours? I want to know how to defend myself okay?! After that whole mole thing, I've been terrified that if something like that happens again, I won't be able to save myself."

Yixing slowed his pace of words down, "Listen, it's my life. No one should ever sacrifice themselves for me. I have to protect myself." Yixing looked up at Jongin with his big, chocolatey eyes, "Will you teach me?"

Jongin sighed, "6 A.M, sharp. Every morning. I don't want boss hearing about this. He'll have my head."

Yixing couldn't help but throw his arms around the sweaty male, "Thank you Jongin! Thank you so so so much!!"

The tanned male froze, not knowing how to react to Yixing's arms around his body. Slowly he patted the dimpled male's back.

"Alright alright, scram. I heard boss is looking for you."

Yixing thanked Jongin one more time and headed out the door. Jongin watched the male bounce away happily. Yixing was pure. He had a heart of an angel. Jongin sighed as Yixing closed the door gently behind him, humming a tune that was familiar yet different.

Jongin was worried though.

How long was Yixing's childish ways be intact, before the darkness of the wolf pack took over?

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo's cake:

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing's cake: