Diamond

Midnight Howl

Diamonds are regarded as the ultimate gift and a symbol of eternal love

Yixing pushed open the door to the dance studio, leaning in to see if Jongin was there. At first, the room seemed empty. The dimpled male would've just walked right back out if not for the noise of shoes tapping nervously on the hardwood floor. Yixing pushed the door open further and reached his hand out to flick on the lights. Sure enough, there stood Jongin in the corner, pacing back and forth. His hands were bunched up into fists, presumably hiding in the sleeves of his oversized sweater. He looked nervous, anxious and unhappy.

"Jongin?"

The said male snapped his head up. Yixing frowned at the despair in his eyes, "Jongin...what's wrong?"

Jongin shook his head, "N-nothing Yixing. Go to boss."

He tried to leave the dance studio but Yixing blocked his path, all the while slamming the door shut and locking it, "No. I'm so sick of people throwing me around and not telling me what's bothering them!"

Jongin stared at Yixing, his dark eyes meeting Yixing's light ones. They were both brown but looked completely different. There was something about the way Jongin carried himself. He was confident, a womanizer, a warrior. His walk, his talk, everything about him was calculated to portray a certain image. But his eyes told another story.

They were glistening with a last shred of hope, calling out for help, willing for someone to hear his cry. Yixing saw that in his eyes and refused to let a friend drown in despair.

"Jongin sit." Yixing pleaded, his hands enveloping Jongin's. The dancer sighed but slowly slid to the ground, his shoes still tapping nervously against the light colored hardwood. Yixing placed a hand on his jiggling foot. Jongin stopped shaking and met Yixing's eye.

"Tell...me." Yixing said slowly, his voice barely a soft whisper.

Jongin gulped, before taking Yixing's hand and interlacing their fingers, "I'm scared."

Yixing smiled and scooted closer, "Its alright. I'm scared too."

Jongin shook his head violently, causing his gelled up hair to fall loose on his face, "You don't understand, I don't get scared."

Yixing frowned, "Jongin, you're only human. You have the right to be weak sometimes."

Jongin scoffed, looking down at his tan fingers contrasting with Yixing's pale ones. He brought his other hand on top of their interlaced fingers, the back of Yixing's hand, "Not in this line of 'work'. I'm one of the top members, I have men to lead, to protect. If I get scared, I hesitate, when I hesitate, good men die."

Jongin sighed, "I'm not even scared for myself. I don't care what happens to me, I've got no one to miss me. I've got nothing to lose, nothing to gain. But what bothers me is that I'm scared...for you." Jongin borderline whispered the last two words, unable to meet Yixing's eye. "I don't want you go to undercover. I don't want you to put yourself in harms way. I want you to stay with me, stay here, stay safe. It's selfish but I rather have you be here safe then helping others out in the dangerous world."

Jongin looked so desperate, it made Yixing wonder how much the tanned male had lost. Yixing opened his mouth to respond but Jongin cut him off, "Yixing please." He was begging now. "Please don't go."

Yixing didn't know what to say. He wanted to tell Jongin that he had people who cared for it. Kris, Xiumin, Luhan, literally everyone in the Wolf Pack. Jongin had people he should live for. Yixing had so many things to say, but he couldn't find the right words to express.

"Jongin. I have to." Yixing finally said, after minutes of silence, "There are young innocent girls and boys out there, going through things no human should go through. Mankind is wicked Jongin, but there's a tiny glint of hope. If I can help one person, so be it. If I have the chance to help a hundred, I will lay down my life."

Jongin took a while to respond, "So you would chose those hundred over me?"

"Jongin, it's not like that! I promise you, I'll come back safe. I promise that in no time, I'll be back here, dancing with you and Sehun. We'll work out like we always do, we'll cook things together, we'll watch movies. Jongin, you just have to believe in me."

Yixing paused, biting back a smile as memories of the dinner came back to him, "Kris believes in me. And that's all I need to get back home safely."

Jongin's expression was unreadable so Yixing was surprised when Jongin pulled him into a hug. Yixing's body toppled onto Jongin's, the tanner male's face buried in the crook of the later's neck, "You'll come back to me, promise me that."

Yixing nodded, returning the hug after a second of surprise, "Of course. I promise."

Jongin grinned and pulled away, yet he kept his arms wrapped around Yixing. They were pressed against the wall, sitting on the ground, their faces inches away from each other. Yixing watched as the latter's dark brown eyes flittered down to his lips and back up to Yixing's eyes. Yixing stiffened when he felt Jongin lean in closer. Just as he felt the tan male's breath on his strawberry pink lips, the door handle to the dance studio jiggled.

Yixing shot off of Jongin and unlocked the door, revealing a cheeky looking Baekhyun and a neutral faced Kyungsoo. The lithe male slipped into the room, not allowing even an inch of space between him and Kyungsoo, "Ooo why is the door locked? Boss is gonna killll you." Baekhyun sang, looking between Yixing and Jongin's flustered faces.

Kyungsoo leaned over and flicked Baekhyun between the eyes, "Stop bothering them and tell them why we're here." Baekhyun pouted but continued to talk as Kyungsoo's arm slipped around his waist, "Channie, Soo and I whipped up some gifts for you before you leave on that super-duper spy mission." The male chirped. He turned to Kyungsoo, grinning his trademark boxed smile, "Now can I get my reward? I was good! I told them!"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but pressed a gentle kiss on Baekhyun's pouting lips. The lithe male wriggled with joy as he snuggled up to Kyungsoo, "Okay! Let's go to the lab, Channie awaits!"

Yixing followed Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, well aware that Jongin stayed in the dance studio. 

 

 

 

"Ah you're back!" Chanyeol said as Baekhyun clambered onto his lap, clinging to his neck, "I figured out why it wasn't transmitting properly. Stupid mistake really, in fact it wa-"

"Chanyeol." Kyungsoo cut him off sternly.

Chanyeol frowned, "Right. Rule number 8, don't care what the problem is, fix it." Baekhyun cooed at the purple haired male's disgruntled expression, "Its okay Channie! I'm still impressed."

Kyungsoo scoffed as the two shared a heated kiss, "Chanyeol could trip down a flight of stairs and you would be impressed with him." Yixing couldn't help but let a round of giggles spill from his lips. He couldn't help it, Baekhyun Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were just so amusing.

"Soo~ don't be like that." Chanyeol said with a singing tone, "Yixing, let me introduce you to your new best friend." The tall male gently pushed Baekhyun off his lap and stood up, he walked over to his large table full of gadgets and picked out a small navel piercing.

Yixing's hand immediately shot to his stomach. Chanyeol noticed and laughed, walking back over to Yixing, "Don't worry Doll, its fake." Yixing let out a sigh of relief as he took the diamond naval piercing into his hand.

"It's actually a listening device. Icarus will search you for wires and but they won't find this." Kyungsoo supplied while fiddling with a gun. He looked up to see Yixing staring at his with concern, "What? I'm just trying to make Boss's gun lighter."

Yixing shook his head and turned his attention back to Chanyeol who was holding up what seemed to be a tattoo machine, "Again, its fake." Chanyeol said, catching Yixing's eye, "I'm going to draw on Icarus's broken angel wing tattoo on your back, it'll fade in a month. Hopefully you'll be back by then."

Baekhyun nodded, clapping his hands, "Okay let's get to it. Yixing, strip."

The dimpled male blinked, "Excuse me?" He glared at Baekhyun, making the lithe male twitch in his spot nervously.

"I mean, if you would so kindly take off your shirt so Chanyeollie can tattoo your back."

Yixing smiled, "Much better."

Kyungsoo snorted, "Boss would be over the moon to see you disciplining Baekhyun like this."

"What would I enjoy?"

Yixing whirled around in surprise to see Kris walking into the lab with all of his 6 foot plus glory. He dawned a sweatshirt today along with casual jeans, making him look like a college student, not a mafia boss. Yixing gulped as Kris came up to him, sliding his arm around his waist. Yixing stiffened at the heat coming from the latter's arm but brushed it off as Kris began inquiring Kyungsoo about his new weapon.

"Yea, I've just about got it boss. You know how hard it is to lighten your gun?" Kyungsoo mumbled, running his fingers against the top of the gun, "Just a couple of ounces but it should be good."

Kris took the weapon and slid it into his belt holster which was hidden by his oversized 'Supreme' sweatshirt.

Chanyeol motioned to the tattoo machine he had in his hand, "Come on doll, I don't have all day. I've got to take a very restless puppy out on a date tonight."

Baekhyun smiled idiotically, "Me. He's talking about me."

The harmonized "We know." came from Kris, Yixing and Kyungsoo.

Yixing stepped out of Kris's hold and grabbed the bottom of his shirt. He bit his lip nervously as he made eye contact with Kris but slowly peeled off his shirt anyway. Kris coughed and looked away, suddenly finding interest in the weapons that hung on the walls. "Uh, after you're done here, come to m-my office. I have something for you." Kris stammered before quickly exiting the lab.

Chanyeol stood dumbfounded, "Did boss...did boss just stutter?"

 

The tattoo went on painlessly. Yixing was less than happy to be marked in such a way but Chanyeol made up for it by tattooing the wolf pack symbol on the back of Yixing's neck. Baekhyun smiled, rubbing his own tattoo, "There, now you're really one of us."

Baekhyun leaned in and gave Yixing a sweet kiss on the cheek. Kyungsoo stood up and gently patted Baekhyun's , "Come on babe, we gotta go. We need to finish those files on Icarus."

Baekhyun nodded and looped his arm with Kyungsoo, waving at Yixing and Chanyeol as they walked out the door. Yixing was about to follow when Chanyeol stopped him. The tall male placed a flash drive in Yixing's hand, giving him a playful wink before going back to his own work. Yixing stared down at the flash drive in his hand. This must be the Trojan horse that was going to take down Icarus. It was small, and looked like a harmless charm on a bracelet.

"Chanyeol?"

"Yea doll?"

"Thank you."

Chanyeol looked up from his computer, his lips curving up into a gentle smile, "Anytime Doll...anytime."

 

 

Yixing walked into Kris's office slowly, rubbing the back of his neck. The ink was now settled into his skin and made his neck itch. But Chanyeol forbid him to touch it for a couple of days.

"Queen?" Kris looked up from the files on his desk. His pencil was stuck behind his ear and his glasses were balanced crookedly on his face. He quickly took them off and stood.

Yixing smiled, closing the door behind him. Aura and Avira came scrambling up to him, rubbing against his legs and rumbling loudly in bliss as they took in their (second) favorite human's scent.

"They missed you." Kris said, not moving from his spot behind the table. Yixing rubbed the wolves' fur, bending down and nuzzling Avira's muzzle, "I missed them too!" He cooed.

Finally, Yixing let the wolves go and turned his attention to Kris, "You wanted to see me?"

The silver haired male nodded, "What did Chanyeol give you?"

Yixing lifted his shirt, showing off his fake belly-button piercing. Kris gulped as he stared at the piece of bedazzled jewelry. Yixing dropped his shirt, covering up his skin again, "Yeol says that's a listening and recording device."

Kris nodded, "Good."

Yixing held up his hand, showing off a ring, "If pressed hard enough on the side here," Yixing pointed to a specific spot on the ring band, "A small needle comes out and injects whoever I want with instant sleeping drugs. Originally Chanyeol wanted to fill it with poison but I told him that no one is getting hurt in the mission, either sides."

Kris frowned, finding Yixing's naivety to be too much, "You really don't expect this battle to be bloodless...do you?"

Yixing blinked, "I will do everything I can to ensure no one gets hurt."

Kris chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief, "You are a walking angel." Yixing just beamed.

"Well, Sehun has been bothering me about practicing a dance routine, so I should probably g-"

"Wait." Kris leaned over and pulled open a drawer in his desk. Yixing shifted from one foot to another as he watched Kris rummage through the miscellaneous objects that was sure to be laying around.

Finally, the tall male pulled out a long chain. Silver, dangling in the air and the charm at the end glinted in the low orange light from the fireplace. Yixing's eyes widened at the shining gem, "K-Kris..."

Kris unclasped the necklace and motioned for Yixing to come closer. As the dimpled male walked towards Kris, the latter spun him around. Yixing bit back a smile as he felt the cool metal of the necklace against his collarbone, "Kris, what is this for?"

Yixing held the charm in his hands, the fine metal design decorated by the tiniest of stones, most likely diamonds.

"I need an occasion to spoil my Queen?"

Yixing scoffed, still keeping his eyes on the necklace, "You're so cheesy."

Kris smiled. Not a smirk. Not a condescending chuckle. A genuine smile. Yixing knew that he didn't mean much to Kris. He barely knew the man, despite the fact that he had been staying in this mansion for almost four months now. But there was one thing Yixing was sure of. He wanted to see that smile on Kris's face again. He wanted to see it again, and again, and again.

 

 

 

 

The Pendent design on the necklace: 

It's Yixing's new logo!!!