Citrine

Midnight Howl

Citrine is said to open one's mind to new thoughts.

Yixing woke up with a killer headache and a pounding heart. He remembered bits and pieces of the night before. He remembered Lola, he remembered the lights going out and he remembered two males. Then it was fuzzy.

Yixing sat up. He blinked once, twice, and then rubbed his eyes. He looked around, tensing as he realized that he was not at his home. His bedroom in his narrow one floor apartment was small, crappy and filled with junk. It had low walls that had cracks going up the sides and onto the ceiling. But this room, it was large. Larger than Yixing's whole apartment.

The curtains were drawn but there was thin rays of light streaming in through the tiny gaps. Yixing was sitting in the middle of a large bed, queen sized and surrounded by many pillows. Cute sheep ones, ones with smiley faces on them and normal fluffy ones.

Suddenly the door swung open, causing Yixing to pull the covers up to his face, as if the pastel blue duvet would protect him.

In came a tall male. He was lean. His hair was bright orange and spiked in different directions, as if he couldn't be bothered to comb it.

Yixing watched closely as the male waltzed in, grinning widely, "Why hello there sleeping beauty. How'd ya sleep?" His voice was playful, and although he seemed younger than Yixing, he spoke freely.

Yixing watched as the man walked over to the windows, going up on his toes to open the curtains. In the bright sunlight, Yixing could see that the male's enitre chest was exposed from his shirt being ed. His torso was decorated by bright colored tattoos, his hands covered in rings that chained down to a bracelet.

He carried himself in a certain way, very carefree and loose. He was a free bird, no attachments and no anchors.

"Sehun-ah, how many times have I told you not to barge into rooms like that."

Yixing flinched as another male walked into the room, holding a large tray. He was shorter then 'Sehun'. As he walked closer, Yixing noticed his face was dusted by freckles; but if they were real or not, Yixing couldn't tell.

"I'm sorry for that hyperactive puppy but I'm Kyungsoo." Yixing watched warily as this 'Kyungsoo' guy set down a large tray on the bed.

He took off the top, revealing a feast of different breakfast foods. Ranging from a traditional Korean dish to a western plate of waffles, there was everything. Yixing's eyes were wide, his mouth dropped open as he took in all the food. As a young college student living on his own, he had never seen such expensive tastes. Kyungsoo took his silence as displeasure.

The brown haired male frowned, "What's wrong? Is there not enough? Is it bad? Sehun go bring some more of the ri-"

"No!"

Kyungsoo turned around, eyes wide with surprise. He didn't except such a soft spoken voice.

Yixing faltered, his cheeks burning red from the attention he was getting from both Kyungsoo and Sehun, "N-no. It's good. Actually it's...it's a bit too much. Thank you."

Kyungsoo was quick to smile, "Of course. I'll take anything you don't finish."

With that, the short male stood up and exited the room. Sehun stood by his spot near the window, leaning against the wall as he looked out. Yixing wondered if he was cold, you know, with his shirt that ed and all.

Yixing slowly came out of his blanket cocoon and reached out for the pair of chopsticks that lay next to the dishes. Sehun looked away from the window and moved closer to Yixing, "Alright. Couple rules before we head out of this room."

Yixing chewed the food in his mouth and quickly swallowed to ask a question...actually multiple questions, "Where am I? Why did you bring me here? Please let me go home."

Sehun frowned, "Rule one, don't speak unless you are spoken to."

"B-"

"Rule two, do not interrupt when someone of higher rank is speaking."

Yixing kept mum, he wasn't going to win this one.

"Rule three, always make sure you have someone guarding you. Never go anywhere alone."

Sehun broke his straight face and smiled, "And listen to the Boss okay? He's going to take real good care of ya'."

Yixing frowned but nodded.

"Hurry up and eat. We have to be downstairs in another couple of minutes."

Yixing scarfed down the rest of his food, leaving only a couple of dishes. He hated wasting food, but his stomach really couldn't eat any more.

Sehun rummaged through a closet, which oddly, was fully stocked in Yixing's sizes  and brought out a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. He threw them on the bed and told Yixing to change before he came out. Sehun walked out and closed the door but the shadow casted over the crack of the door proved that he was just waiting outside.

Yixing quickly slipped out of bed and threw on his new clothes, happy to discard of his old, slightly smelly ones. He also took advantage of the attached bathroom and washed his face. Yixing found an unopened box of toothbrushes and used one to clean his teeth. Finally, he opened the bedroom door, revealing Sehun leaning against the wall, one hand thumbing through his phone.

He grinned and pushed off the wall as Yixing stepped out into the hall. "Its 'bout time. I was afraid you fell back asleep in there."

Sehun shoved his phone into his back pocket and started walking down the hallway, "Now, since it's your first time going around, it's going to be a bit overwhelming. You'll have a lot of questions, you might be scared but big boss man will explain everything to ya, okay?"

Yixing nodded mutely. He was shivering. The situation he was in was really sinking in.

Who were these people? Why were they treating him so well?

Was Luhan worried that Yixing didn't text him good morning? What about Lola? Did the old man from upstairs kick at his bingo game?

Sehun must've noticed the tension in Yixing's body because he stopped, "Seriously sweetheart, you need to chill. No one will hurt you."

Yixing looked up from his sock cladded toes. Sehun's chocolate brown eyes seemed to be sincere. His jaw was locked and he looked unfriendly but his eyes....his eyes were different. Yixing let out a shaky breath and nodded. Sehun grinned, "Great."

The orange haired male started walking again, blabbing about the mansion and how it was built for the greatest family ever. Yixing watched how the male threw his hands around as he talked. His hands were peppered with tiny tattoos and rings. His wrists adorned an expensive watch along with a couple bracelets. Yixing liked the silver trinkets decorated the latter's hand. They were nice. The black patterns on his nails were even nicer. Yixing had to admit, this eccentric orange haired man had style. 

Sehun stopped in front of a silver door and turned to Yixing, "Okay. This is going to be bit strange." He paused, rethought his statement and corrected it, "Actually, it's really strange but boss will explain everything."

Yixing tilted his head to the side, confused about the person Sehun kept calling boss. Sehun pressed a button and Yixing gasped. Who the hell had an elevator in their house?! He was even more shocked when he stepped inside and saw the number of levels.

"Why are there twenty floors?!"

Sehun didn't answer as he pressed the 20th button, the furthest button down. The elevator whirred to life as it descended. Yixing's tummy did a weird flip as the numbers blinked lower and lower.

Finally, the doors slid open and Yixing's jaw basically dropped to the ground. In front of him was an enormous room, big as a football field. The ceiling was a two floors high and had windows that showed into other rooms. People were walking around, talking and laughing. They seemed big, tough and scary. Yixing whimpered as he stepped closer to Sehun.

In the middle, towards the back was an enormous staircase, that divided to the right and left in the middle.

Sehun stepped out of the elevator and smirked, "Welcome to the Wolf Pack, Sugar"

Yixing was in awe.

Sehun wove through the crowd easily.  Everyone parted ways, allowing a walking space for the orange male and Yixing. It was like they answered to him.

Was Sehun a boss as well?

Yixing made sure to keep close to the orange haired male. The others were scary. They were looking at Yixing in a not so nice way.

"Hey!" Sehun's shout gathered attention of the nearby people. "Eyes off of him!"

In seconds, all eyes were diverted everywhere but Yixing.

"T-thank you." Yixing stammered.

Sehun grinned and tipped an imaginary hat on his head, "No problem. These men are dogs. You just have to show who's alpha."

Yixing had a thought in his head, it was silly but he had to ask, "Sehun?" He tugged softly at the latter's shirt.

"Yea."

"You ...you're not werewolves are you?"

Sehun's loud laugh caught Yixing off guard. They had stopped a couple, maybe ten, feet away from the staircase, "Why would you think that?!"

Yixing flushed red, embarrassed that he asked such a stupid question, "Its just...you said wolf pack...and then you called the men dogs and you said alpha."

Sehun laughed louder, "Oh my god you are adorable. It's just metaphors. Our boss's dad, who made this entire thing, really loved wolves. He loved the whole 'live for the pack, die for the pack' thing." Sehun scrunched his nose, "Although it's not really my style."

Yixing was about to say something when suddenly the room went quiet. Eerily quiet. The bustling crowd of men just fell silent, all were looking towards the staircase.

Then, he heard it.

The low clanking of chains against the stone floors.

It was slow, agonizingly slow. The sound of the metal scraping against stone sent chills up Yixing's back.

He saw the wolves first.

Yixing swore they were dogs, until one of them snarled. Those teeth were too sharp to belong to a common house dog. With shock, Yixing realized that those dogs were in fact wolves. Full grown, wild wolves. The scraping metal noises ended up being the chain leashes of the wolves. Two thick chains were held by a man.

A tall man who radiated pure power.

The image of this stranger, coming down the stairs regally, two wolves in hand had Yixing shaking in his spot. It didn't help that the male was ridiculously good looking. His chiseled features represented one of a sculptured god. His eyebrows were furrowed as he glanced at the people below him.

The room was deadly silent. Sehun had a -eating grin on his face.

Yixing tried to put two and two together.

Was this....the boss Sehun kept talking about?

The male made his way down the stairs until he stopped in front of Yixing.  Standing in close proximity to this kingly figure only dwarfed Yixing more. The wolves on the chain leashes circled around Yixing, snapping at the people who were standing close.

Sehun smiled, "Hey boss, look who I brought for you!"

The male nodded curtly and waved his hand once. Sehun was now dismissed.

"Bye Sugar, it was nice talking to ya." Sehun sang playfully before waltzing away. Had he no fear?

Yixing was practically melting in his spot. He was so scared, so overwhelmed.

Then, suddenly, the male smiled, "Morning Queen, did you sleep well?"