Snowflake Obsidian

Midnight Howl

Snowflake Obsidian usually signifies persistance.


Yixing hissed as Junmyeon wiped away the blood from his knuckles. The quiet male rummaged through his first aid kit and pulled out a tube of disinfectant gel, "This is going to sting a little." He warned as he squeezed some onto a q-tip. Yixing's uninjured hand grasped tightly onto the armchair as Junmyeon tentatively dabbed the gel onto his roughed up knuckles.

"What were you thinking!" Kris exclaimed, slamming his jacket onto his chair. His wolves howled, pawing at the ground restlessly at the sound of their master's shouts. Kris stomped to his door and opened it, letting the wolves out.

"Stupid. It was stupid." Kris muttered, "You could've gotten hurt! He could've hit you, he could've choked you...."

Yixing pulled his arm away from Junmyeon who protested ("I'm not done yet you hooligan.") and stood up, "Kris I'm fine! You were busy with those other guys so I decided I could take the last guy on."

Kris turned around and glared at Yixing, his usual stormy grey eyes thundering almost black. Yixing bit back a whimper as he slowly sat down, allowing Junmyeon to finish bandaging up his busted knuckles.

"I know you can't fight Yixing. Nowhere in your file says that you can fight. So who taught you?"

Yixing kept mum.

Kris sighed and sat down, waving a hand to dismiss Junmyeon. As the short male left, Jongin popped his head through the open door, "Hey boss! Have you seen Yixi-" he trailed off when he saw Yixing sitting across from Kris, hands in his lap and his lips curled into a pout.

"Hey, Xing wanna go grab some food? Kyungsoo just chased Baekhyun down for sneaking some desert so we have like a five minute window to snatch some cook-"

"Not now." Kris snapped.

Jongin blinked, "Whoa, boss. Are you okay?" He looked down at Yixing, finally catching sight of his bandaged arm, "Oh my god Xing! Are you okay?" He knelt next to the Chinese male, gingerly holding up his arm.

"He thought it was a brilliant idea to throw some punches against some goon." Kris said, eyeing Yixing and Jongin down, "I wonder where he got that idea?"

Jongin faltered, looking up to catch Yixing's glistening brown eyes, "I-I- taugh-"

"He doesn't know Kris." Yixing fired back, quickly cutting off Jongin. Kris frowned. He didn't buy it.

"Yixing out."

Yixing stood up quickly, almost knocking over his chair in the process. He stormed out of the door, not even pausing to glance at Kris. Jongin sighed and slowly stood up. He also turned his back to walk out of the office.

"No you're staying."

A chill ran down the tanned male's back. 



 

Yixing let out a frustrated shout as he burst into the lab. Chanyeol flinched, almost falling out of his chair in surprise.

"Jesus, Doll you all right?"

Yixing snarled, pacing back and forth in front of the tall male, who for some reason had goggles resting on his forehead, like he was some sort of mad scientist, "No! I'm angry!"

Chanyeol frowned and took off the goggles and the ridiculous lab coat, leaving him in shorts that ended at his knobby knees and a cute kitten sweater. He looked more like a college student and not a high ranking member of a mafia gang.

"What's wrong?"

"Kris! He's ridiculous!" Yixing shouted, throwing his hands in the air, "He's mad at me because Jongin taught me how to fight and I beat up some guy that attacked us."

Chanyeol's eyes widened almost comically, "Someone attacked you?!"

Yixing waved his hand, "Yea, yea but that's not the point."

"YIXING!"

"What?!"

Chanyeol groaned, "Okay, whatever, continue."

"So now Kris is all mad, I think I just got Jongin in trouble and I'm just so angry!"

Chanyeol sighed and held his arms out. Yixing faltered for a moment before walking into the taller's embrace. He closed his eyes as he felt Chanyeol hug him close. The tall male was just so warm and cuddly and automatically, Yixing felt a teensy bit better. "Doll...you know that Kris is just worried." Chanyeol said, Yixing's black hair, "He's really over protective of you because he cares about you."

Yixing didn't say anything.

"You know, Kris almost lost Junmyeon once. They were on a mission and Junmyeon was compromised. It was lucky that Jongdae managed to infiltrate the gang in time or else Junmyeon wouldn't be here today."

Yixing's eyes widened as he thought back to the gentle male who patched up his fist.

"Kris is a tough guy. He's not afraid of anything, except one thing. Loosing people he cares about."

Chanyeol paused, letting Yixing out of his tight hold, "Kris just cares about you and he doesn't want to loose you. You're too important to him."

Yixing groaned, "But why?! Everyone keeps saying that! Why am I so important?! Where in my life do I get tied up in all of this mess."

Chanyeol sighed, bitting nervously at his lip. He obviously knew more that Yixing but it was also clear that the male wouldn't tell him anything. Instead, he changed the topic, "Hey, wanna see what Kyungie and me whipped up?"

Yixing sighed, still irked at the secrets being held from him, "Sure."

Chanyeol pulled out a little card from his lab coat pocket, "Taa daa!"

"A credit card?" Yixing raised an eyebrow. Chanyeol laughed, "No silly! It's a Trojan horse. I call him Geoffrey. You just slid, or insert or swipe this card into whatever and it immediately gives me inside access through my laptop!" Chanyeol held the card with two fingers, "Wanna help me try it out?"

And that's how Yixing came to commit his first crime.

Tip for the future, if Chanyeol asked him to come along to anywhere with him, Yixing should always answer no. But he was stuck at an ATM on a pretty deserted road. Yixing sat in one car as Chanyeol sat in another. From a security camera's point of view, it looked like Yixing was a dude minding his own business while withdrawing cash. And Chanyeol was another dude who didn't know Yixing on the other side of the ATM, also withdrawing cash.

But as soon as Yixing swiped the card, the screen of the ATM went black and a picture of a dancing rilakkuma popped up. Seconds later, the machine started spouting cash, which Chanyeol grabbed happily.

Chanyeol worked for a noble cause, taking down other gangs but it didn't mean that he couldn't have his own fun as well. Kris had scouted Chanyeol when the pink haired male was robbing a bank. Chanyeol had used the wifi that was connected to the bank to hack into the system and transfer money into an offshore account that couldn't be tracked. It was safe to say that Chanyeol still had urges now and then to pull stunts like so. And unfortunately, this time, Yixing was also roped into the fun.

Chanyeol  got an earful when he got back to the base. Kyungsoo was telling him off while Baekhyun crawled into his lap, trying to grab some of the money ("hey, my dancing doesn't pay my rent." "Baek, you don't dance and you don't pay rent.")

"I can't believe you just tainted him and made him do something illegal!" Kyungsoo scolded, smacking Chanyeol's arm.

Jongdae, who was enjoying this whole predicament, shoved another handful of popcorn in his mouth, "Oh yea, look at that hardened criminal."

Everyone in the room turned to look at Yixing who was hugging an large plush unicorn as he watched a music show on the large screen t.v.

Tao threw an apple slice at Jongdae, "Just shut it, its still wrong. Kris would kill Channie ."

Chanyeol's eyes widened, "Oh god! I didn't even think about that. Please don't tell Boss man that I corrupted his precious queen."

Yixing finally looked up from the popular girl group dancing on stage ("Crazy ajjilhage gyeonun Russian Roulette"), "Hey guys?"

Tao was the first to whip around and give his full attention to (his precious innocent small baby) Yixing, "Yes sweetie?"

"Why does Kris call me queen? I'm not royalty am I?"

Sehun snorted loudly, causing his boyfriend to smack his chest, "Shut up Hun. Yixing, it's just a pet name he has for you."

Yixing tilted his head to the side, "A pet name?" Tao nearly cooed out loud at the cuteness the latter was showing, "Yes, a pet name. Like baby, or cutie."

"Or Sugar!" Sehun piped up.

Chanyeol raised his hand, "I call you Doll."

Jongdae shrugged and jumped on the bandwagon, "I like to call you y but Tao threatened to beat me up."

Tao glared at Jongdae before turning his attention back to Yixing, "It's like he's calling you princess, but not because the nickname is so overused ugh. Queen is more regal and ier and in his eyes, you are his Queen. It doesn't mean you're royalty or anything, you just mean that much to him." As Tao explained the nickname, Yixing couldn't help but think back to what Chanyeol said earlier. How Kris was only angry because he was scared and didn't want to loose Yixing.

If that was the case, why is everyone else telling Yixing and not Kris himself?