Kyanite

Midnight Howl

Kyanite is a gem that is most known as a calming agent.

Yixing lost track of the number of days that he'd been locked up in the premises of this gang. He was allowed to venture the mansion and the underground levels as long as he had an with him. It was usually Tao or Sehun that accompanied him. Despite the circumstances, Yixing found himself becoming more comfortable with his situation.

He joked around with Sehun, played billiards with Jongdae and even threw darts with Junmyeon.

After a couple of days, Jongdae and Junmyeon vanished. Tao said that Kris had sent them to finalize a deal. This made no sense to Yixing. Why was Kris making illegal deals if he wanted to capture the other gangs?

Was Kris lying to him?

Either way Yixing forced himself not to care. He had to focus on himself and getting out of here. He missed Luhan. He missed Minseok. Damn, he even missed the old man upstairs. But most of all, Yixing missed dancing. He was growing restless and not even walking around could ease his nerves. Yixing was practically shaking as he sat in the large office chair. He found himself back in Kris's office everyday, at least once.

The tall silver haired wouldn't even talk to him most of the times. He was too busy with paperwork or talking on the phone. But he gazed at Yixing whenever he had the chance to. It became a routine. Kris, sat by his desk, doing his work while Yixing sat near the fireplace, playing with the wolves.

Today, Yixing was sitting on the ground once more. He had Aura's head in his lap and the other wolf, Avira, slept by Yixing's feet.

"Kris?"

Kris looked up from his paper work and turned around. The office chair he was sitting in squeaked as he spun towards Yixing, "Yes queen?"

"Will I ..." Yixing faltered, "Will I ever see my best friends again?"

He didn't get an answer.

This made his heart wrench. Luhan was like his family. Xiumin too. Even though he  moved near Yixing when they were in middle school, the three had become friends very quickly. They had gone through countless things together. In the darkest days, Luhan was a ray of light, coming out of the grey clouds.

Both of Yixing's parents died when he was a baby. His grandparents had raised him.

But a couple years ago, his grandfather passed away. His grandmother went senile and Yixing was forced to admit her to an old person's home. There was no way he could personally take care of her while working multiple jobs and going to university.

Luhan had been there through it all. He visited Yixing's grandmother when the dimpled male couldn't, Xiumin even helped with some of the costs.

The three had become friends so quickly and they stayed together, unlike others who drifted apart throughout their school years. Those three were inseparable. Luhan and Xiumin lived together and offered Yixing a room too but he declined. He preferred living on his own But Yixing would not be the person he was today with his quirky, doe eyed best friend.

And receiving no answer or indication from Kris made Yixing want to cry.

"P-please?" Yixing stood up. Aura whined as she pawed the ground. The dimpled male walked towards the front of Kris's desk, staring right at him, "I'll do anything! I'll listen to you a-and do everything you say and I'll stay here! Just please....let me see Luhan."

He didn't get an answer.
 


 

Yixing sighed as he sat cris-crossed on the couch. He was hugging a pillow tightly as he watched Tao and Sehun mumble to each other, occasionally feeding each other strawberries.

"I just don't understand why I can't see my best friend?" Yixing whined quietly. He yelped when a body landed next to him on the couch, knocking into him. The culprit, Jongin, shrugged as he reached for the bowl of strawberries, "It's just the way it is babe."

Yixing pouted, hugging the pillow tighter, "I am such a good hostage! I haven't even tried to run away once."

Sehun nodded, "That's right sugar, you're the best hostage."

Tao smacked the orange haired male's chest, "Sehun shut up, he's not a hostage."

Jongin raised a finger, "Baek knocked him out and brought him here without his consent, I think that's kidnapping. And since he's still here, Yixing is a hostage."

Tao frowned, "We're not hurting him or anything! I'm treating the dimpled cutie like he's royalty."

Sehun grinned as he nudged Tao's side, "He is royalty, since he is boss's Queen." Sehun nudged the tall male couple more times, "You know, because boss calls him queen, that makes him roya-"

"Explaining a joke doesn't make it funny."

Sehun pouted and stuffed a strawberry in his mouth. Tao rolled his eyes at the childish male and turned to Yixing, "You see, Kris is like one of them Russian dolls. Layers within layers-"

"Like an onion!"

"Not like an onion Jongin."

"Like Shrek!"

"I really have to take your phone away from you."

Sehun sat up, lifting his head off of Tao's lap, "No, I think he's onto something. Not the green ogre part but the layers thing. Kris may seem like an but deep down he's a good person, and even deeper down, he's a bigger ."

"You got that right."

Sehun shot up at the sound of a familiar deep voice. He spun around to see Kris standing behind the couch, a drink in hand and smirking playfully down at him.

"Oh go- Hey boss! We were..uh...just talking about you."

Jongin snickered, "Nice one."

He whined when Kyungsoo came up behind him and smacked the back of his head, "Guys we have a problem."

Tao perked up, hand immediately sliding over to where his gun rested underneath his belt, "Problem?"

Kyungsoo had a tablet in his hand and he turned it around, showing the screen to them. It was a video feed. Yixing didn't understand what he was looking at. Just a random man in a mask and another scary looking man talking.

"This was recorded last night. The guy without the mask? He's the one that's making the deal with Junmyeon and Jongdae."

Sehun blinked, still look at the screen, "Alright so?"

Kyungsoo turned the tablet back towards him and tapped at the screen. When he turned it around again, the video was zoomed in on the back of the masked man's face. He was wearing a jacket but a tattoo was visible on the back of his neck. It was blurry at first but Jongin tapped at it and it focused. Yixing could see the tattoo was oddly shaped, a tribal patterned version of a wolf head. Tao and Jongin's hands immediately went to the back of their own necks.

Yixing turned to them confused, "What does that mean?"

Jongin turned around, pulling down his turtleneck. On the base of his neck, Yixing could see that there was the same tattoo etched in ink black.

"That's the gang's tattoo symbol. To represent we all belong to the same group." Kris said, "I have a larger version on my back."

"Which you'll see very soon." Jongin whispered to Yixing. The dimpled male gasped scandalously and shoved the tanned male. Kyungsoo lowered the tablet, "This morning, when Jongdae and Junmyeon went to check up on the weapons before the drop, they were all gone."

Tao sat up straight, "What do you mean all gone?"

Kyungsoo sighed, "The shipping container, full of different types of firepower, cleaned out. All there was left was a dead rat."

Kris swore loudly, slamming a hand down onto the back of the couch. He looked angry...fuming in fact, "We have a mole."