Fluffy White Things in the Sky

My Frog Prince

Jina:



We were standing in the middle of my living room, Soohyun staring at us from the little dining table. "What's going on?" he asked. 



"That's something I want to know too," I replied, eyeing Kevin and Eli. "You two know each other?" They nodded and I raised my eyebrows at them, waiting for an explanation. 



"We'll answer all your questions later, for now you need to call Baro and tell him you got a ride from Minzy," Eli said. 



I nodded and dialed Baro's number. I didn't like lying to him but I didn't know how to explain the situation. After calling Baro, I called Minzy asking her to cover for me. She was suspicious at first but finally agreed to it after I promised to explain everything to her later. "Okay that's done," I sighed as I put my phone away. "What about Jungsu? I still need to pick him up."



"Kevin can do that for you," Soohyun said, as Eli went over to the table and picked him up. "Kevin, go pick up her little brother but keep him out of the house. We have some stuff to discuss here and we don't need any distractions."



Kevin nodded but didn't teleport until I gave him a nod of approval. I needed answers and I didn't want Jungsu to get too involved in all of this. Eli placed Soohyun on the coffee table and I sat on the couch next to him. "Okay so explain what happened Jina," Soohyun ordered. 



I didn't like his tone but complied anyways, the sooner I get my answers the better. I explained everything from lunch and then the event from the hallway, all the way up until Eli came to save me. "Thanks for that by the way," I said gratefully. "I don't know what would have happened to me if you hadn't been there."



Eli smiled at me, nodding his head. "No problem, you're awesome--It would have been a shame to let you die."



"Seriously? I could have died?" I asked in disbelief. They grimly nodded at me and the reality of the whole thing settled in. I could have died today and left Jungsu behind. My breath hitched in my throat and I buried my face into my hands. "What was that thing?" I peeked at Soohyun and Eli through my fingers and expectantly waited for an answer. 



"You were attacked by a cloud," Soohyun replied. 



"A cloud? Are we talking about the same thing here? Because the last time I checked, clouds were fluffy white things in the sky," I said sarcastically with a hint of my anger. Was he making fun of me right now? That thing was no joke, it freaked me out and they just told me it could have killed me. He better not be trying to mock me. I am not in the mood to be joked with. 



"Yeah clouds generally are 'fluffy white things in the sky' but in Neverland it can be something else too," Soohyun replied in a tone that implicated withheld anger. He took a deep breath before he started to speak again, "The thing that attacked you is called a cloud in Neverland. Despite its name the creature is highly dangerous."



I wanted to roll my eyes at him and say no duh it's dangerous, you just said a little while ago that it was lethal. But I didn't because I could tell Soohyun was trying his best not to snap at me right now. So I just nodded and waited for him to say more.  



"As you probably already know, clouds paralyze people by overwhelming them with the emotions of fear and anxiety," Soohyun explained. "Clouds move slowly so this helps them catch their prey."



I nodded to show that I understood what he was saying. "Okay so they're creatures from Neverland but why is it here? And more importantly why did it attack me?"



This time Eli was the one who spoke, "Things from Neverland come here all the time, people just don't notice. And if they do, they deny it. You would be surprised the extent people will deny the existence of things they can't understand or things their minds can't grasp."



"Okay, that makes sense I guess. But that still doesn't answer my other question......why me? It tried to attack me two times," I sighed as I leaned back on the cushions, crossing my arms. 



"Well it was drawn to you," Eli said slowly. I scrunched up my forehead at him, sending him a mental question: why? Eli sighed and leaned towards me a little bit. "Jina it was drawn in by the powers inside you. 



"Powers? I don't have powers," I said incredulously. 



"We know Jina. The powers it was drawn to wasn't yours, it was Soohyun hyung's," Eli explained, motioning to Soohyun in the coffee table. I looked over to Soohyun and then back at Eli questioningly. 



"Jina you know how the contract links us? How you can't run away from me?" Soohyun asked. I nodded and he continued. "Well to make the contract more fair, the other person is given control over the other's powers. So you control when I can use my powers and in our case, you also control when I can be in my human form. So really the only way I can use my powers or be in my human form is for you and I to form a connection with your consent."



I nodded slowly, taking it all in. "Okay but that still doesn't answer my question."



Soohyun sighed. "You have my powers in you Jina, that's why the cloud was attracted to you--It sensed my powers in you. Anyway it doesn't matter now, it's dead so everything should be fine now."



"Actually.......," Eli said hesitantly, 



"Eli, it is dead right?" Soohyun hissed, narrowing his eyes at Eli. 



"I was going to, but it was too close to Jina! If I had tried to kill it then I would have hurt her in the process," Eli said quickly, holding his hands up in defense.   



Soohyun closed his eyes and sharply in a a breath of air. We watched him in silence for a little while, waiting for the explosion to come. Surprisingly, it never came: After a couple of minutes Soohyun opened his eyes, speaking to Eli in a tone of suppressed anger, "In that case Jina will have to be protected 24/7 until that thing is taken care of." Eli nodded and Soohyun shifted his eyes over to me, "And you, you'll have to start bringing me school with you." 



"What why?" I scrunched my face up at him, I didn't really like the though of having to bring him to school. I mean how do I hide him? What the heck do I do if someone finds him with me? How do I explain to someone why I brought a frog to school?!



"For your protection Jina, since you're my contractor I want to make sure nothing happens to you," Soohyun replied firmly, his gaze boring into mine. I don't know why but his words made my heart race a little faster. I looked away from him confused. What was that just now?



"We're done talking right?" I asked. Soohyun and Eli looked at each other and then nodded. "Then I want Jungsu here." 



"Arasso," Soohyun sighed, giving Eli a look. Eli called Kevin and no more than ten seconds later they were standing hand in hand in the living room. I stood up and made my way over to them with a smile on my face. 



"Jungsu!" I greeted cheerily. "Noona!" he cheered, letting go of Kevin's hand to meet me half way. I bent down and we embraced each other. I squeezed him, burying my face into his shoulder and inhaling his scent. I could have left this behind today, he would have been alone. "Noona are you okay?" 



I sighed and pulled him back so I could look at him, "Yeah. Noona's okay." I held his face in between my hands and kissed him on the forehead. "Now come on, are you hungry?" I stood up and took his hand, walking towards to kitchen. I made him a snack and he told me about his day, or more specifically his time in the playground Kevin took him to. 



"And then he pushed me on the swing and we played tag," Jungsu gushed excitedly, bouncing a little bit in his chair. Kevin chuckled and ruffled Jungsu's hair, "We had a lot of fun didn't we?" Jungsu smiled at him jubilantly and nodded. I let out a little laugh at seeing how close they were already, despite the fact that they only met yesterday. 



"Thanks for taking him care of him Kevin," I smiled as I gave him a hug. 



"No problem, your little brother is adorable. He's a good kid," Kevin replied as he hugged me back. "So did they answer all your questions?"



"Yes but not one of them. I forgot to bring it up so can you answer it?" Kevin nodded and I continued. "How do you and Eli know each other?" I tilted my head to the side and threw a glance over at Eli and Soohyun talking about something in the living room. Kevin followed my gaze and then turned back to me with a small smile on his face. 



"Eli is one of my other brothers," Kevin replied simply. 



"One of your other brothers?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. Just how many brothers does he and Soohyun have?



Kevin nodded and started to list names, "There's Kiseop, AJ, Hoon and Dongho. There's also Alexander hyung and Kibum hyung but try not to bring them up around the others, they're a touchy subject......especially to Soohyun hyung," Kevin looked me straight in the eye, telling me he was dead serious about the last part. I nodded to show I understood and he smiled in return. Before any of us could say anything else, Jungsu called Kevin and he turned around to see what he wanted. 



I watched Kevin and Jungsu giggle about something before turning my head towards the living room, watching Eli and Soohyun talk from the kitchen. I wonder what happened with Alexander and Kibum? Why are they a touchy subject? And Kevin said that Soohyun was the most sensitive about it.......why? I tilted my head to the side and looked at Soohyun curiously, what more don't I know about you?



Author's Notes:


These two chapters were originally one chapter but I decided to split it into to. Don't ask why cuz I don't know either. I just wanted it that way:l 


Anyway, Soohyun in his human form is almost here:D Maybe 1 or 2 more chapters away. Oh and can you guys do me a favor? Check out my new story Speculum, watch out though there's going to be ......I'll probably end up just asking one of my friends to write that for me:P lol. Okay well thanks for reading!!!! Please comment below!!!!


@ifrieedriceey lol no problem maknae:) thank you for reading!!>.