An Odd Sensation

My Frog Prince

Jina:



I sighed and stared out the window, my math class was giving me a headache. I was about halfway through with school so I wasn't too tired but I was really hungry. Good thing there's only 5 more minutes left in class then it's lunch. 



I watched the clock hands move painfully slow when finally, the bell rang. I practically launched myself out of my desk and half-ran, half-walked to the cafeteria. Once I settled down into a table I immediately started to eat. 



"Damn girl." I looked up to see Minzy standing in front of me. "You're eating like this is your last meal."



I smiled at her,swallowing the food in my mouth. "Hey, it's a surprise to see you actually in school." 



Minzy slid into a seat in front of me, resting her chin on the palm of her hand. "Yeah well the school started calling my house about my absences and my mom freaked. So here I am." 



"It's about time," I replied, taking a drink of my water. "I can't believe you've been getting away with it since junior year."



Minzy smirked. "Yeah the people in the office are pretty incompetent, you can get away with a lot of things if you know how."



"Are we planning someone's murder?" Eli said as he sat down. Minzy tried to steal some food from his tray but he slapped her hand away. Minzy scrunched her face up at him and he smirked. 



"Yeah, Aeri's," I replied as I glared at her over their heads. The two looked at the direction I was glaring at and finally saw what I saw: Aeri clinging onto Baro's arm and giggling away like there was no tomorrow. 



"That girl does not know when to give up," Minzy said as she shook her head. 



"I don't understand why she's the queenka, she's not a pleasant girl," Eli commented, turning back to eat his food. 



"Queenkas rarely are Eli," I sighed. Baro was looking around with a hint of annoyance on his face. Finally he spotted me and we made eye contact. Baro smiled at me and instantly my heart started to race. He turned to the -oops I mean Aeri- who was clinging to his arm and told her something, trying to pry her claws off his arm. Finally he got her off and made his way to our table, leaving a pouting Aeri in his midst. 



"Hey jagi," Baro greeted as he kissed me on my forehead. I smiled up at him as he sat down beside me. 



"Yah! You're girlfriend, she's not pregnant is she?" Minzy asked Baro, narrowing her eyes at him. 



"Minzy," I whined. 



Baro chuckled and pecked my cheeks. "Um no. Why?" Baro wrapped his arms around me and pulling me closer to him. 



"Because she's eating like a pregnant lady," Minzy replied, making hand motions at me. I scrunched up my face at her and she stuck her tounge out at me. 



"Just leave her alone Minzy, just because she's eating more doesn't mean she's instantly pregnant," Eli piped up, poking Minzy's arm. 



"Augh fine whatever, I'll lay off of it but only until I can see your baby bump," Minzy replied as she stood up. "I'm going to go get lunch." A chorus of okays went around the table and Minzy started to make her way towards the lunch line. People stared at her as she walked by them. Once in a while she would notice the stares and glare at them then thr people staring would quickly look away, shrinking into their seats a little. We all laughed at their reactions. 



"Its fun watching them freaked out," Baro chuckled. Eli and I nodded. "It's because of all those rumors they spread about her," I said in between bites of my food. 



"They're all true though......some are just exaggerated," Baro replied, resting his chin on my shoulder. I thought about it for a little bit and nodded in agreement with him, she has gotten in a few fights but she didn't beat up people single-handedly. That's the fact that throws off most people, she's not doing this stuff by herself--she's doing it with three other people. She's told me about them. Even though I've never met them, I know their names: Sandara, Bom and CL. 



I was really against the entire thing at first but Minzy explained it all to me saying that they didn't just beat up random people. They only did it when they really deserved it. That calmed me down a little but it didn't change my opinion on the matter. On the other hand, I knew that no matter what I said she wasn't going to stop so instead I just tried to be there for her whenever she needed me. In other words I was her own personal medic whenever she got injured after a fight. 



I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a really odd sensation. I don't know how to describe it, it really shook me up at my core. A sudden explosion of fear and anxiety had hit me, making me tremble a little. 



"Jagi are you okay?" Baro asked, his voice full of concern. I was trembling in his arms, the hairs on my arms standing straight up. I rubbed my arms to try to get rid of the goosebumps and forced myself to smile. 



"Um yeah just........cold thats all," I replied a little shakily. Baro still looked concerned but nodded and gave me a light squeeze. Eli gave me a weird look before glancing around the cafeteria. He was different from before, his easy going attitude gone. Now he was tense and constantly looking around. 



Where did that feeling come from? That was so out of nowhere. It bothered me all the way until the end of lunch. I didn't know what the heck it was but I do know that I didn't like it. And that the next time it happens, something bad is going to happen. 



Eli:



I stared at the clock, willing it to go faster. Unfortunately, time control isn't one of my abilities. I heaved a sigh and clenched my fists. I need to get to Jina ASAP, what happened at lunch was not good. That thing is still lurking around the school and she's walking around defenseless. Another problem is that she's probably worn out right now from the contract. She might as well be carrying a neon sign displaying, "Fresh meat for easy pickings!!"



I started to tap my pencil rapidly on my desk from anxiety. Apparently I had too much anxiety because then my teacher stopped his lesson to acknowledge me. "Excuse me, Mr. Kim. Is there a problem?" my teacher asked, eyebrows raised and arms crossed. 



I looked up at him silently for a little bit. "No, everything's fine," I replied, plastering a smile on my face. Yeah everything's fine, there's just a slight possibility that my brother's contractor is going to die today. No big deal. 



"Good. Now as I was saying before Mr. Kim rudely interrupted. Buoyancy is the force that makes an object float on water," the teacher continued, turning his back on the class to write something on the board. 



I let out another sigh and glared at the clock, this is going to be a long 45 minutes. 



Soohyun:



"You're sure mother said that?" I asked.



Dongho nodded. "Yes hyung. Do you think I would go all the way to Neverland and come back here with false information?"



I sighed. Usually at a time like this I would rub my neck or run my hand through my hair but since I was a frog I couldn't. This was one of the things I hated about being a frog, I couldn't do some of the simplest things I used to do. "What is that woman thinking?" I groaned in frustration. 



"Well this is umma we're talking about hyung, this shouldn't be a surprise," Kiseop said. Kiseop yawned and sighed in content when a breeze blew by, stretching his arms out like a cat on the table. We were in a park right now, Kevin had teleported me here after he told me Dongho had news from umma. I turned to Kevin who was sitting beside Kiseop. 



"You've been quiet this whole time, what's your say in this?" 



Kevin sighed, "Jina's a nice girl hyung this is unfair."



"Well neither is me being a frog! I don't like this any more than you do Kevin," I replied, taking my eyes off of him to glare at the empty playground. I mean seriously, what is umma thinking? I didn't like this at all. I sighed and looked up at the sky. 



Dongho's words replayed in my head, "You have to take Jina back with you to Neverland to be able to come home." His words echoed in my head, repeating over and over again. There's no way she would agree to it. And then there's also the conditions for me to be able to in my human form........ I heaved a sigh, I wanted to throw myself off of a cliff. Why is this so hard?



Jina:



The bell rang and I gathered my stuff, following the throng of students eager to go home. I went along with the flow of traffic, too tired to care about where I was going right now. Eventually the crowd grew thinner and thinner, surprised by the erie silence I looked up and inspected my surroundings. I was alone in a hallway in some part of the school I've never been in before. Another ounce of my energy was drained and I had to lean on the wall for support. After resting for a few minutes I took a deep breath and forced myself to continue walking, trying to find a more familiar scenery. 



I was still lost when the odd sensation hit me again. I started to tremble uncontrollably, a wave of fear and anxiety washing over my body. I started to panic, my heartbeat and breathing quickening. This was worse than it was at lunch. I could feel something behind me, it was inching its way closer and closer to me. I didn't like it, it gave me a really bad feeling. 



As much as I wanted to run, I couldn't do anything but stand there in fear. It wasn't until I heard a familiar voice call out my name that I was able to move. "E-E-Eli?" I whimpered, looking up to see him running towards me. 



"Jina!" he called out. Once he reached me he put his hands on my shoulders. "Are you okay? Can you walk?" 



"I-I'm okay," I replied shakily. It was hard for me to talk, it felt like my throat was closing up. Eli looked over my shoulder and his eyes widened, "Come on! Jina you need to run."



I tried to move my legs but they refused to budge, it was like they were glued to the floor. "Eli, I can't move my legs," I cried frantically. He glanced at me and then over my shoulder, suddenly he scooped me up into his arms so that he was carrying me bridal style. He ran down the hallway as fast as he can but trying not to shake me too much at the same time.  Eli managed to get us out of there and set me down on a bench outside. The feelings from before was gone now and I felt much better but I was still freaked out by what happened in the hallway. Eli took out his phone called someone. He walked around as he talked so I couldn't really understand what he was saying. A few seconds later, Kevin appeared beside me. 



"Jina! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Kevin gasped, fussing over me. I didn't really know how to respond. Why was he here? Did Eli call him?



"Kevin we need to get her out of here. Now," Eli said firmly as he started to glance around us. Kevin nodded and picked me up bridal style, after Eli put a hand on his arm Kevin teleported us out of there.