Neverland's Angel

My Frog Prince

Jina:



"Who was that?" Soohyun asked as soon as I stepped into my room. I barely glanced at him as I walked towards my dresser. 



"That was Baro--my boyfriend," I replied as I dug through my drawers for a t-shirt and sweatpants. 



"He better not get in the way, if he becomes a distraction I'll make you get rid of him" Soohyun stated firmly. 



I whirled around and glared at him. "You can't make me do that!"



"Yes I can," he replied calmly. "The contract binds you to me remember? All I have to do is go somewhere far away from your little boyfriend." 



My temper exploded in me, my hands curling into fists. Instead of shouting at him like I wanted to I whirled around and stomped to my bathroom, slamming the door. As I was changing inside I realized something.



 "That's not true! You're a frog, how exactly are you going to go anywhere?" I said loud enough for him to hear. 



"Ha! I have ways, don't underestimate me!!" he yelled back, his voice muffled by the door. 



"Like what?! You made a contract with me to help you! How can you possibly go somewhere without my assistance?!" I shot back. There was silence in my room and I smirked. For once I actually won an argument, we've been like this the entire weekend. One of us would always do or say something that would instigate the other. One thing always stayed the same though: Soohyun always won. 



I finished changing and opened the door with a triumphant smile on my face. Soon though my smile disappeared and was replaced with confusion. Standing next to Soohyun- who was on my nightstand- was a blonde skinny guy. He looked absolutely angelic, with pretty eyes and a smile to die for. He smiled at me and waved. 



"Jina I want you to meet my brother, Kevin," Soohyun said as he made a motioning movement towards the blonde guy, indicating he was the one he was talking about. "You're not the only one that can help me here, I can do a lot more than you think."



I stood there for a while, trying to process his words. Then I realized what he was trying to say: Kevin was his little lackey. I scrunched my face up in disatisfaction and walked out of the room, glaring at Soohyun and then at Kevin as I walked pass them. 



Augh. My life . 



Soohyun:



"What did I do?" Kevin asked as soon as Jina left the room. His forehead was scrunched up as he tried to figure out what he could have done to make Jina react to him that way. 



"Nothing," I said dismissively. "Don't worry she's not really mad you, she's mad at me."



"Hyung, what did you do?" Kevin asked as he raised an eyebrow. He crossed his arms and looked at me expectantly. 



I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I threatened to make her leave her boyfriend."



"Hyung! I told you to be nice!" he scolded as he put his hands on his hips. 



"Whatever Kevin it's none of your business," I said nonchalantly. I heard him sigh and eventually he teleported out. Alone in the room I thought back to my conversation with Jina earlier, sighing in exasperation when I became frustrated. 



Why do I care that she has a boyfriend? She's just some girl that's supposed to help me get back home but then again, umma was the one that created that condition: For me to choose a girl to help me return. So I should watch out for Jina. Umma wouldn't have let me form the contract if she didn't approve of Jina or if she didn't think Jina fit in her plans. I don't know what her plans are but one thing I do know for sure is that Jina's role in this entire thing is big. 



Jina-- whether I like or not-- is my key back home. 



Jina:



I had just finished chopping up the vegetables for tonight's dinner when Kevin scared the living carp out of me. "Oh my god!" I gasped as I dropped the cutting board with the vegetables on it when I saw Kevin appear out of no where. 



Kevin disappeared again and reappeared beside me, holding the cutting board that should have fallen on the ground. He held it out for me and I snapped out of my shock. "Thanks," I murmured as I took it from his hands. 



Turning my back on him I continued to work on dinner, going back and forth from the stove to the fridge when I needed an ingredient. When I finished putting the ingredients in, I put the lid on the pot and leaned back on the counter. Silence filled the kitchen as none of us spoke. 



"Um...." he started. I looked up at him and his eyes met mine with an apologetic look. "I wanted to say sorry for what happened up there. I know Soohyun hyung can be a bit........challenging."



I softened and let out a small chuckle. "You can say that again." Kevin smiled at me angelicaly and I felt all the anger I had fade away. "You know what, that entire thing wasn't even your fault. You deserve better treatment," I said as I walked towards him. "So how about we start over? Hi, my name is Jina. What's yours?"



"Kevin!" he chirped happily. He held out a hand and I shook it, expecting it to just be a handshake. Instead Kevin tugged on my hand and pulled me into a hug. I stiffened and Kevin immediately let me go. "Minahe! I'm a hugger, I'm sorry if I overstepped any boundaries."



I giggled and shook my head. "Aniyo. I'm okay with it, I just didn't expect it that's all." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jungsu peering at us from the hallway. I smiled at how shy he was being. "Jun! Come here!" I called, waving him over. 



Slowly he made his way over to me, staring at Kevin the whole time. Once he reached us I put my hands on his shoulders and faced him towards Kevin. "Jungsu I want you to meet someone, this is Kevin. He's the froggy's little brother," I explained. 



Kevin raised an eyebrow at me and smirked. "You refer to him as 'froggy'?" I nodded and he chuckled, eyes glinting with amusement. Then he kneeled down to Jungsu's level, smiling at him. "Hey Jungsu it's nice to meet you. The froggy upstairs is my hyung."



Jungsu nodded and waved at him, flashing his dimples. After a few moments he tilted his head to the side and asked, "Then how come you're not a frog?"



"Good point Jungsu," Kevin replied. "It's because there's a spell on my hyung. He wasn't always a frog."



"Why does he have a spell on him?" 



Kevin ruffled his hair and chuckled. "Don't you have a lot of questions? I'll tell you why some other time, for now why don't you go eat dinner? I'm sure you're hungry." Right then my timer for the pot on the stove rung, signaling that it was cooked. I turned off the stove and stirred the contents, it's delicious aroma filling the room. Kevin's stomach growled and he blushed when Jungsu and I turned our heads to stare at him. 



"Why don't you have dinner with us?" I offered. "Unless you have somewhere else to go." Kevin shook his head and I smiled. "In that case go take a seat!" 



Jungsu took Kevin's hand and led him out of the kitchen and towards the small four person table by the living room. I put the food on serving plates and brought it over. Once we all had our own plates and had settled down, we dug into the food. 



"Kevin can I ask you a question?" I said in between mouthfuls of food. 



"Mm-hmm. Go ahead."



"How come Soohyun isn't eating? I've been offering him food and he always says he's not hungry," I asked. 



Kevin drank water and then wiped his mouth with a napkin. "You've been eating twice than you normally have been right?" I nodded and urged him to go on. "That's part of the contract, it's like you're eating for him. I'm not really sure what the technicalities of it are but that's how it works---at least when he's in his frog form. In his human form he'll have to feed himself."



"Then how come he doesn't just switch to his human form?" I asked, scrunching up my forehead. 



"He can't......at least not yet," Kevin replied, staring off into space with a thoughtful look on his face. I had more questions to ask but Kevin stopped me before I could. 



"Oh yeah!" he exclaimed. 



"What?" I asked. 



"I have to return something to you," Kevin said. "Wait here." He disappeared into thin air and Jungsu looked at me with wide eyes. 



"He's magic?!" he asked, eyes full of wonder. I nodded and he gawked at where Kevin was sitting at. Right then Kevin reappeared beside me with something in his arms. 



"Yuichi!" I cried out, taking the kitten from him and cradling it in my arms. "What happened?!"



"Soohyun hyung had me take him out of the house earlier today. He was really mad at it," Kevin explained as he went back to his seat. 



I set Yuichi down on the ground and he padded his way upstairs. In no time at all Soohyun can be heard screaming from my room.



"I'll go handle it," Kevin sighed as he disappeared again. After about a second he reappeared in his chair with Soohyun in his hands. 



"So this is where you were," Soohyun said as Kevin put him on the table. "I can't believe you brought that annoying thing back here."



"I can't believe you two are related," I mumbled. 



"Why is that?" Soohyun asked. 



I cleared my throat, I hadn't expected him to hear me. "Well because Kevin is so nice and you're just.........." I faded off as I tried to find the right words. 



"Mean?" Kevin offered. I nodded and Soohyun glared at Kevin who in response shrugged innocently. I chuckled at their little exchange, they really were brothers after all. 



"Whatever," Soohyun scoffed. "You two just can't handle my awesomeness." Kevin and I both raised an eyebrow at him, looking at him incredulously. 



"Noona I think the froggy might be on menopause!" Jungsu exclaimed from his seat. Kevin and I stared at each other again and exploded into a fit of laughter. 



"Jungsu where did you hear that word?" I gasped in between my laughs. 



"I heard it from one of my classmates, they told me their mom was being moody because she was on menopause. So maybe that's why the froggy is so moody," Jungsu explained. Kevin snickered and we entered another fit of laughter. Pretty soon Soohyun wa glaring at us and that made us try to contain our laughter a little but every now and then a giggle would come out. The rest of the night continued on that way, up until Kevin had to leave. 



"Are you sure you don't want to stay? We have an extra room," I said. 



Kevin shook his head. "No it's okay, I have my own place. I'll sleep over there." 



"Bye hyung," Jungsu said sleepily. 



"Bye Jungsu," Kevin replied, kneeling down and spreading his arms open. Jungsu ran over to him and gave him a hug. They had gotten pretty close the last few hours. 



After one last wave and a hug from me, Kevin teleported out. Jungsu yawned and I picked him up. "Come one Jun, time for bed." 



He didn't fight me as I got him changed into his pajamas and into his bed. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Chuckling, I placed his favorite teddy bear beside him and put a blanket over him. "Night Jungsu," I whispered as I closed his door on my way out. 



I yawned and stretched as I made my way over to my room and plopped down on my bed. Kevin had helped me clean up earlier so I wasn't as tired as I normally would be. I glanced at the clock and decided to just go to bed, there wasn't really anything to do. I turned off my lights and stared at the ceiling. I then looked over to Soohyun who was on my window sill, staring out into the night.



"Hey Soohyun," I called out softly. 



"Yeah?" he replied, looking over to me. 



"Would you really force me away from Baro?" 



He just stared at me for a little bit before talking. "You really care about him don't you?" I nodded and he looked out of the window again. "As long as you do what you're supposed to do to get me home then........no"



Relief spread throughout my chest and I smiled at him cheerily. "Thanks Soohyun." 



"Hmm," he replied indifferently, still staring out the window. I rolled over to my side and closed my eyes, feeling better than I did before. As I drifted off into sleep I thought I heard Soohyun say: "If only the contract affected her heart too"



I doubted it. I was half awake and half asleep, a state where you can't be too sure of anything. Plus this is Soohyun we're talking about. He wouldn't say something like that.......



Would he?



Author's Note:


An update in less than a week!!!! I feel accomplished >.< lol how did you guys like it? And the carp thing --I really did mean to write that. That's how I cuss at home:P Also there's the menopause thing....lol I really don't know where that came fromXD 


I hope you guys have enjoyed reading so far:) and a thank you to my new subscribers!!! (^з^)-☆