Tale of Two Cities Pt. 3

Club 17 (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soonyoung and I could have sworn we prided ourselves as not only the "strength and speed duo", but also the "king and queen of espionage" in Club 17. Indeed Seungkwan and us were always ready to enter missions and pull various hustles, while Seungcheol and Sarah were more like the engineers at the back end preparing us for our missions. So the whole going behind our friends' backs to carry out a mission for Minghao was, to us, a little side adventure that we thought would be over in no time. Soonyoung had everything planned out - according to Minghao, Jun was someone who appreciated praise and affirmation for his hardwork, so we intended to help him make a set of billboards, signs, affirmation letters, dedication video whatsoever, which would eventually end with Minghao presenting his sincere thoughts and possibility of recommending him the job at his BBQ outlet too. It's a bit of a risk, but the plan was so thorough we doubted it'll fail. 

 

That was, until Seungkwan came to us huffing and puffing after his history lecture. 

 

"So I spoke to him after class, and I swear if he wasn't taller than me, I would have punched him. He's just plain annoying, and also unnecessarily good-looking." I rolled my eyes, reprimanding Seungkwan for being hypersensitive about looks again. Soonyoung, however, was more focused on the task at hand. He pressed on for more information. 

 

"So apparently the biggest reason why he did not want to quit that job was not because his boss really liked him, but mostly because he worked the same shift with a girl he had a crush on. Minghao created the ruckus during one of her shifts, so now he thinks the girl has a bad impression of him. I mean, okay, a crush and a buddy and you want revenge for something so trivial!?" 

 

", women." 

 

"What about women?" I shot Soonyoung a dirty look. "Can't you say childish men instead?" 

 

"Sorry sorry. I'm just saying when it's a relationship and friendship problem, everything gets complicated." Soonyoung's brows furrowed. We all knew his plans would not be sufficient to overcome this mess now. I felt really bad, knowing that Soonyoung was usually the kind to hop on fun things whenever the opportunity arose. Yet he was now stuck between the right option to help Minghao, and the fun option to bully Minghao. He clearly chose the former, and he was absolutely determined to help the boy in distress. When he texted me his plan in the wee hours of the morning, I knew my buddy was spending sleepless nights for the freshman. 

 

"Guys, gotta go. Seungcheol needs to hear from me. I'm going to omit the fact that the boss treated him well since Minghao said it's not true anyway. And I don't want Seungcheol to go too harsh on his plans." He blinked at the thought of our last planned revenge, where Seungcheol and Soonyoung jointly devised a scheme to change someone's wardrobe to an entire collection of zebra prints, moved his bed to the courtyard and pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter