Clean Start Pt.1

Club 17 (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having spent too much time in the club room with Seungcheol and Sarah occasionally desensitizes our awareness of the rich-poor divide within Club 17. You would have thought that their track record in procuring surveillance cameras for our hut in the hill, an abandoned vehicle, walkie-talkies, expensive dresses and pulling off a school talent show in the name of charity etcetera would surely have shocked Soonyoung, Seungkwan and I to a certain extent; or at least we shouldn't be taking these things for granted. Yet when Seungcheol and Sarah started showing us the new mini bluetooth earbud disguised as earrings this morning, the latest to our collection of spying gadgets, the three of us were merely thrilled at the prospect of using it rather than being shocked by the duo's frightening resourcefulness. 

 

Not to mention the arcade basketball machine which Vernon had casually "donated" to the club because a friend of his had grown tired of it. 

 

So the club room was again bustling with life as Soonyoung and I challenged each other to a showdown of arcade basketball while Seungcheol quietly rooted for us; meanwhile Seungkwan and Sarah busied themselves with testing the new pieces of technology and in redesigning the earrings. Time spent idly like that only meant one thing - all of us were waiting for the clock to strike seven, so that the mailbox could be opened for a new wave of requests. 

 

We left our unoccupied leader to do the honours this month. Watching him carry his own stack of confession letters in one arm and the Club 17 mailbox in another was a rare sight. The leader rarely burdened himself with much belongings on a daily basis. He was often opting for simplistic and minimalist fashion, the only object in his hand a book. Staggering into the room with his own letters, he brought light chuckles to the whole room. 

 

We had three requests for the month, a nice number to keep us occupied for most of the time while not compromising too much on our time. Through a highly-strategic and calculative, absolutely intelligent and grueling round of rock-scissors-papers, Soonyoung won against all of us and had the privilege to pick the first challenge of the month. With gusto, he read us the letter. 

 

Hi Club 17, 

 

I am not sure if this request will be taken, because I am technically not a student, but I do belong to the school population. My name is Chan and I am the school janitor who's in-charge of cleaning the school block with all the club rooms. My grandmother's 80th birthday celebration is coming up. There'll be a family banquet in a hotel, and all my 72 members of our family tree will be there. Basically I cannot let anyone know that I have dropped out of college and am currently a school janitor. Could I borrow a girlfriend and credible profile just for that night? I'm the oldest grandchild she has and I don't want to disappoint. 

 

Imagine the surprise we had when we found out our school recruited janitors the age of 20. 

 

Chan was a year younger than us and would have blended in perfectly as a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter