Tale of Two Cities Pt.2

Club 17 (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sarah rushed into the room excitedly with a single request in her hand as Seungkwan, Soonyoung and I threw one another a meaningful glance at one another. At that point, Soonyoung had already approached Minghao, who has apparently staying in the same dormitory building as him. After our meeting with the poor boy the previous night, Soonyoung was all the more compelled to help him. 

 

The Chinese boy was a mess. Jun, being his roommate as well, had ignored him for the most part since their last big fight. He would barely come back, often opting to stay over at other friends' quarters. The two had come from different cities in China, but studying in the same school and being roommates in a foreign land had made them closer than brothers. The soft-spoken boy tried to explain to us in his imperfect Korean what happened between them. 

 

The story was more complicated than we thought, but not something impossible to handle, especially with our club's Think Tank Soonyoung on our side. It all started when Jun decided to work at a convenience store nearby. Minghao had heard that foreign students who previously worked there were often exploited after a period of time, and many of them were eventually threatened to work overtime for free, with the manager knowing that they were not supposed to work while on a foreign scholarship in the first place. He tried warning Jun, but his buddy was resolute in keeping the job, since at that point the manager was treating him extremely well. To protect his friend, Minghao had stormed to the convenience store and quit on Jun's behalf. When Jun reported for his shift, he found out what Minghao had done, and their friendship had been in shambles ever since. 

 

"Sounds like he was absolutely determined to get that job. Did the manager bribe him or something?" Seung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter