Eenie Meanie Miney Mo Lover Pt.3

Club 17 (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow, did you guys spend the whole night here?" Sarah asked while staring at her two clients incredulously. Boring fashion aside, the two of them had eye bags that were reaching the cheeks. It was clear that Jihoon and Hyeyoung had not left the studio since the briefing the night before. 

 

Before the small boy could react much to us barging in to the studio, Sarah and Seungkwan dragged the half awake boy out for the planned shopping and etiquette class. The last thing they needed the boy to look was to look like a high school boy and dress like one. Meanwhile, I was left facing Hyeyoung, who crawled out of her sleeping bag and went back to the piano. 

 

"You look like you're in need of sleep," I said. "No offense but, you look worse than Jihoon himself." 

 

"Oh, no offense taken at all. Thanks for helping and giving Jihoon this opportunity really. He knocked out by 3am this morning so I stayed up a bit longer to help with the arrangment. He's really an amazing musician, so I'm glad he can finally showcase it to an audience. Not just our professors." She rubbed her eyes and let out a huge yawn before putting her hands on the keys again to play their newly composed song. The tune was refreshing and it put a smile on my face. 

 

"It's a wonderful tune," I admitted sincerely. 

 

"He's going to be singing to it as well." Hyeyoung said proudly. It was as if the song belonged to her too. Well to be honest, it sort of did. 

 

"He wrote part of the lyrics, but I'll probably finish the rest since he has shopping to do." 

 

I sat in a corner and watched her work quietly. She was a hard worker, and I could tell that this project probably meant as much to her as it did to Jihoon. Half an hour later, Seungcheol entered when Hyeyoung was focusing on her recording (or whatever it was, I have no idea. She was just working her magic) and joined me in the corner. 

 

"Is that the song?" He whispered so as not to disturb the concentrating girl. 

 

"Ya. She's pulled an all-nighter on it with Jihoon and she's still on it while they're out on etiquette class. She's not even eaten for today." I said while leaning closer to my leader, so that Hyeyoung could focus on her task. 

 

"What an amazing friend," he commented. I watched his unreadable expression, and turned back to the scene before me. Hyeyoung's stomach was growling audibly, but she was in no way wavering on her task. Seungcheol stared at her without blinking his eye, as if he was deep in thought. 

 

"I'm going to get us lunch. Anything for you? The usual?" I declared. Hyeyoung mumbled a off-hand "anything" while Seungcheol smiled and nodded to the words "the usual". Soonyoung and I were usually the ones buying meals for everyone, namely because I was strong and could carry the food, while he was fast and the food wouldn't get cold. Gosh, sometimes I think the two of us deserve to be paid. Buying lunch for Seungcheol was the best - he usually ate the same thing anyway so he just had to look at us knowingly. 

 

"Also, I agree." 

 

"Hmm?" He looked up at me. 

 

"That she is an amazing friend." I winked at Seungcheol before making my leave, because we both knew we shared the same thought. 

 

--♦--

 

After tons of sleepless nights for the music majors and lots of preparation for the five Club 17 members, the fateful day of the music competition has finally arrived. Soonyoung and I were dumbfounded by the scale of which we (or mostly Seungcheol) was able to pull with this event, because the original competition had a reputation of being small and well, unimpressive. Somehow Seungcheol's involvement had brought in tons of supporters and a lot more competitors, creating the illusion that this competition was more prestigious that it ever had been. 

 

"Perks of being a chaebeol, honestly. Only Seungcheol could have pulled this off." Seungkwan said and pretended to wipe a stray tear away. We were all in the dressing room backstage, watching Seungkwan style Jihoon's hair. Sarah had successfully made her mother load one of their season's best outfits for Jihoon. Clad in his new branded sweater and ripped jeans, with hair styled by master Boo himself, everyone could agree that Jihoon was nothing like the sulky little boy we knew him as. He smile was more confident, and more importantly, his eyes were blazing in determination. 

 

"Hyeyoung-ah, do you think I look okay?" He asked the girl in the mirror. Unlike her transformed friend, Hyeyoung was in her usual t-shirt and jeans, completed with terrible eye bags. Apparently she had helped to coordinate the stage set for his performance along with Soonyoung earlier that morning, which meant she slept for a total of two hours that day. Beside the gorgeous Seungcheol and Sarah, fashionBoo and (for once I admit) well-dressed Soonyoung, Hyeyoung and I easily looked like the backstage crew. Or worse, two students who just happened to barge in at the wrong time. 

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm in a way better state that her. I just don't like to dress up. 

 

"On his special day, do you honestly have to wear full black? And pants! You look like the crew." Soonyoung said to me. He tried to tie my hair but he was messing up, so I smacked his hands away. 

 

"The show is about to start, we s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter