Tale of Two Cities Pt.1

Club 17 (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I confronted Seungcheol about the text, I was still set that someone had hacked his phone and sent it to me as a prank. The charity event would be one involving the families of some of the most outstanding entrepreneurs in the country, so naturally the prestigious Choi and Chwe families were invited. More specifically, rich and power families. As the meme would suggest, one does not simply invite a peasant to such events. The most logical would be to invite Sarah as his partner, since she was going to the ball anyway. Yet it turned out Vernon was too lazy to invite anyone, so he paired up with his own sister. Seungcheol was polite enough to leave out this fact, so that I wouldn't feel like a backup. 

 

At least that was what I inferred. More importantly, I was trying to check his sanity. 

 

"You do know that I've been learning judo, and not ballroom dancing, since four right?"

 

He smiled gently, "yea, and I think it's really cool." 

 

"You know that I've not worn a dress since my grandmother's funeral when I was six?" 

 

"Yes I remember you telling us that, and bless her soul."

 

"You know that when I laugh, I show all my teeth and my HAHAHA are audible all the way from the end of the corridor?" 

 

"Yes, and we all agree that it's very adorable. What are you trying to say Soonbuk? Are we having a remember-my-childhood-game here?" 

 

I stared at him incredulously, unsure whether to shake him awake or slap some sense into him. A flying nerve bullet flew between our faces, and a voice came from behind the couch. 

 

"What she's trying to say, is whether you are sure you want to invite her for the ball." Soonyoung said as he jumped out from behind the couch. I was so speechless at that moment that I was grateful he articulated my thoughts for me. Sometimes it was useful to have him around. 

 

"I'm pretty sure. In fact I've always wanted to invite her anyway. I thought she might enjoy it. And you get to see Jihoon-sshi perform again. You liked his song right?" 

 

I was still too shocked to respond with any coherent expression, so Soonyoung answered on my behalf. I wasn't paying attention to what he said but I supposed he just agreed on my behalf, because the next thing Seungcheol was reassuring me that the event was a month away, and that I did not have to worry about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter