Eenie Meanie Miney Mo Lover Pt. 4

Club 17 (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soonyoung and I agreed that we had three favourite days each month. The first was when we get to open the Club 17 request box, the second was the day the school cafeteria sold Monthly Special Cheese Fries, and the third was the day we got paid. 

 

Somehow Hyeyoung was so happy she gave us a small bonus, partly to thank Sarah for lending her the dress and doing the make up. Jihoon had meanwhile walked up to us, hand-in-hand with Hyunjae, thanking us sincerely for what we did for them. The boy promised to put up a good show for Seungcheol's upcoming charity event, and Seungcheol shone them the brilliant eye smile he gave whenever our clients thanked us. Seungkwan was just touched beyond words. I think at some point, he identified with Jihoon in some way, that having a flaw wasn't a legitimate obstacle to love.

 

 "I'm so happy for them. Honestly." Hyeyoung told Sarah with a polite smile. She looked really tired after all those all-nighters she pulled helping with the song, and I guess Jihoon's relationship meant that she would get to spend less time with her best friend now. to have a friend who gets attached suddenly. 

 

Us girls were just hanging out in the activity room to enjoy a small chat, while Seungcheol, Soonyoung and Seungkwan went out to shop. Apparently, Soonyoung had decided to invest his earnings from this mission on nerve guns, so he dragged the other guys with him to buy his new toys. As we sipped on the very expensive floral tea that Sarah prepared for us (I swear being friends with generous reach person was the best thing in the world), we made small talks with the quiet music major, who seemed slightly zoned out. 

 

"Hey Hyeyoung." I broke the silence. 

 

"Ya?" 

 

"Are you really alright with Jihoon dating Hyunjae?" I asked abruptly. I knew it was a bit hasty, out of the blue, and I could tell she was completely caught off guard. Yet there was just this uncomfortable feeling sitting in me for too long, and I knew I had to prove my hunch somehow. Sarah gave me an unreadable look but did not say anything. I realised we might have shared the same thoughts, seeing that she just sipped on her tea calmly to wait for an answer too. 

 

I was just being the devil's advocate here. 

 

The atmosphere could have been completely ruined in that single moment, but Hyeyoung proved to be above that. Although the girl was momentarily stunned by my straightforwardness, she gave me humble smile before finally confessing that yes, she did. 

 

"Very much." She said matter-of-factly. It wasn't masked in any sort of embarrassment or shame; it was just sincere and honest. It almost made me feel bad for asking in the first place. 

 

"In fact I told him that many years ago, back when we met in middle school. He rejected me, and we became friends since. I think you can tell...he has a lot of pride," she added. She seemed almost amused by the thought of loving her best friend, and the memory of the rejection didn't seem to shake her much. Yet Sarah and  I could both tell, she still liked him, and she was just a girl used to being by her crush. She was just, unfortunately, taller than him. 

 

Or hey, he's just a shortie. It's not a fault she's tall. 

 

"It doesn't matter anymore. He's finally together with the girl of his dreams. Just the right size, so that they can see eye to eye." Somehoe Sarah managed to laugh at her joke, while I was just deep in thought. 

 

That very chain of thought, however, was broken by the sudden barging in of two boys. The boisterous one in the middle opened the door and his loud rant filled the room. 

 

"The discount ends tomorrow! What's more important that getting that Version 2020 Future Nerve Gun? I've been waiting for over a month to get it and now he decides to come back when we're already at the station." Soonyoung gave us a quick wave before throwing himself onto the couch, pouting angrily while throwing a cushion onto his own face.

 

"What's wrong?" Sarah asked Seungkwan, who was following closely behind. 

 

"Seungcheol received a text, smiled and just said he needed to rush back to school for something. But since we need his card to get the discount, we're not going to the toy store anymore." He shrugged and joined Soonyoung at the couch, settling himself for some reading. 

 

"Did he say where he was going?" Sarah asked. 

 

"School courtyard, to settle something apparently." Hoshi's muffled reply could be heard beneath the cushion. 

 

It was really just a hunch, but I felt the sudden impulse to check out what Seungcheol was up to. There was always something about the way Seungcheol worked that got me intrigued, because he was so hard to read and follow. He was smart, intuitive, and quick on the uptake. If he were ever acting mysterious, he was usually plotting something. 

 

Like possibly, in this case. 

 

"I'll be heading to the restroom for a bit." I said and excused myself from the little tea party. We were not able to continue with the conversation anyway, with the boys around. I'm sure Hyeyoung wouldn't want to go around publicising her lost love either, especially since she sent in the very request to send her love away. 

 

How ironic that we said the mission was to cure her heartache, not to find Jihoon his love, I thought as I walked briskly towards the school courtyard to spy on our leader. 

 

The scene was anything but what I imagined it to be. 

 

Standing there in the courtyard, was Hyunjae hugging Seungcheol, her petite frame fitting perfectly into Seungcheol's broader build. 

 

"I like you." 

 

I scrambled to park myself in a bush nearby, clasping my hands on my mouth to prevent any noise from escaping. The shock was slightly overwhelming. 

 

I watched quietly as Seungcheol unwounded the girl from him gently and put her at a safe one arm's length distance from him. He smiled courteously, as if this would help at all. 

 

"I thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter