Tale of Two Cities Pt. 4

Club 17 (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trying on dresses, comparing them and spinning in front of the mirror was really not my forte. The first dress I put on I told him it fit and that we could go, but he insisted that it didn't suit my complexion. I picked the cheapest possible dress but he saw through me and he told me it was fine. I tried other dresses but I didn't like them personally. He knew I didn't like revealing choices so he kindly requested for more conservative designs on my behalf. I was really grateful for that, but I wondered if it would have been better if Seungkwan or Sarah were here. They would have just given me the right dress, and this whole trying out process would be redundant. They would know how I should dress. Not thank I was complaining that Seungcheol were respecting my fashion choices, but I was just unfamiliar with the language of feminine dressing. 

 

Why would anyone spend so much time shopping? At that moment, I was so tempted to put on my overalls and striped shirt again. I just wanted to go back to the dorms, and away from this boring place. 

 

"Soonbuk, if you're tired, we can just leave. No pressure to get the dress by today." I heard his gentle words from outside the fitting room, and the guilt was overwhelming once again. Maybe I should try harder, when my partner was so patient. I wouldn't want to embarrass him either. 

 

I came out of the dressing room in a petite black dress that had long laced sleeves. It was at the level of my knees, something that I was unused to but wasn't off-putting to me yet. It flared out nicely in a way that made me more feminine, but the dark colour was humble enough for my liking. It was probably the first dress I've ever liked in my life.

 

"Do you like this dress?" That was the first thing he asked when he smiled at me. He knew I was contented with my choice. 

 

"Yup. It's subtle enough. Do I look fine in it?" I asked hesitantly. When I looked myself in the mirror again, I found mys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter