Day 5: Dinner

My Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

****

 

Before Chaeyoung could exit Dahyun’s office, her dark orbs landed on a polaroid laying on the cool ground. She wasn’t sure whether to pick it up or not but in the end, she placed it back to where it should be. 

 

Taking this opportunity, she tries to examine the picture in detail. 

 

There are four girls looking like they own the world together. There is black haired Japanese girl on the left side casually posing a peace sign with the Japanese brunette while the other duo eats their meal with no tomorrow.

 

“Seems like they’re at a ramen restaurant,” mutters Chaeyoung. “Dahyun’s favourite.” 

 

She paid close attention to that one girl in the middle and she knew right away who it was. 

 

Minatozaki Sana. 

 

Dahyun’s girl.

 

“Yah! What the hell are you doing there?” Dahyun’s voice caught her off guard, earning a tiny shriek from her. She watches her friend entered the balcony while holding the unfinished coffee mug, whistling as she washes her not really dirty hands and averts her gaze towards her direction with the help of the mirror.

 

“When are you calling your Tzuyu?”

 

“Probably later, I guess?” one hand place on the side of her hips, sighing deeply. 

 

“You do know keeping Tzuyu on standby means she won't be replying you back,” Dahyun said smirking, kind of scaring whilst pouring her not so finish coffee in the sink.

 

“I’m nervous okay! Just go back to your k-drama marathon.”

 

“I would if you leave me alone. So, would you mind locking the door once you leave me alone, Shorty?” 

 

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes and stomps her feet all the way outside, just planning to escape from Dahyun before she starts teasing her nonstop.

 

“Night.” mumbling before shutting the door.

 

[18:10 — Wednesday Evening] Day 5: Dinner - ’If you work hard, you can eat delicious foods!’ - Quoted by Momo. Thanks for the treat Momo-unnie! Sana liked it!

 

Drinking coffee early morning, Momo stretches her back, hearing some cracks here and there. Her blank gazing up to Dahyun, who planned to cook their breakfast again for today. “Not going to visit Sana?” Momo awaits for Dahyun’s response, only to be responded by a dead silent atmosphere. 

 

Somehow she notices Dahyun's mind being so out in the world lately. Of course, it has to be Sana. Who else would it be?

 

Feeling impatient as awful silence fills the room, the dark-haired girl went back to reality, sensing her host’s presence. “Oh, were you talking about Sana? Sorry, I didn't catch that.” giving Momo an apologetic grin and a nervous laugh with a failed attempt of her classic wink. “Apparently she’s not working today. Her mother took over her job for the rest of the day. She’s probably doing some household duty, I think?”

 

“Pour soul. What a good girl though.” 

 

“Chores are easy. There’s nothing to feel bad about.”

 

“She feels bad because she barely cleans the house.” Mina intervenes, carrying a pile of laundry as she walks towards the bathroom. “The only way to make her do stuff is by offering her food. It’s basically a ticket to rescue my whenever I’m in no mood for cleaning.”

 

“Then why don’t you do it often?”

 

“That’s the problem. When I do ask a favour she naturally vanishes.” Mina says, kicking the bathroom door open.

 

Momo unlocks in an attempt to defend herself, but Dahyun knocks her into it. “Showing affection too might be the ticket.” Momo pouts, crossing her arms as she observes her girlfriend placing their clothes into the washing machine. 

 

She finally moved, walking casually in Mina’s direction as she bit her lip nervously. All of a sudden, she shouted. “My Mina don’t make me look bad just give me more love and I’ll do anything!” arms open wide, she approaches Mina with eyes completely closed and her lips puckered, finding out she is back in the kitchen helping out Dahyun set up the plates, forks and spoon onto the table.

 

“Enough of the drama. Time to eat.” while mouthing Dahyun a quick thank you.

 

As they dug in their plates, along with a sulking Momo in front of Mina, a curious thought crosses Mina’s mind, which a question she thought of when she had her first meeting with Sana.

 

“Hey,” enough to get the latter’s attention, Dahyun halted the spoon that’s about to enter and bore her gentle stare to Mina. 

 

She patiently waited.

 

“By any chance,” a little hesitant but she continued on. “Are you dating Sana? You two seem a bit too close. Especially the kiss we saw yesterday.” Momo nodded. Also curious as for her girlfriend.

 

“We’re not.” she denied with a flashy smile. “It’s a misunderstanding,” she confirms. “Sana and I are just friends. The kiss you saw yesterday was nothing but a punishment that Sana made. That was because I didn’t accompany her to work and I kinda upset her because I didn’t reply that morning.” offering her phone as a sign of proof. The two snatch it away.

 

They scroll up and down switching stares as if reading each other’s minds.

 

She was messing around! Stating the obvious.

 

Dahyun’s phone vibrates in Mina’s grip and the two in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter