Day 13: Farewell Party

My Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

****

 

The sleeping dark-haired was awakened by someone’s tender voice gently whispering in her ears, “Good morning.” 

 

As she feels the culprit’s breath blowing into her ears, she continuously whines in protest. She groans in complete annoyance, tightly snuggling her fluffy pillow. 

 

Most of the night her pillow became her Sana. Although the fluffy object wasn’t as warm as Sana or wasn’t as comfy as Sana, it still helped her sleep at ease; probably because Sana’s flowery scent remained lingering onto the silky fabric.

 

As sudden intrusion definitely crumbled her dream (a dream about her and Sana standing near the altar smiling and almost kissing), Dahyun was a little upset that her perfect dream was in complete ruins.

 

Since the culprit was obviously Sana, she instinctively opened her arms wide along with her legs to help the struggling brunette hover atop of her. Sana playfully pokes her sides and the ticklish pale felt defeated after laughing hysterically at the girl’s silly antics. 

 

“Wake up.” Sana raised her voice a bit pursing her lips as she watches the sleepy girl remain unresponsive.

 

It’s no longer a surprise waking up in the morning discovering Sana straddling on top of her abdomen; her white teeth showing purposely leaning close in attempt to shower kiss her on the face and give light squeezes on the cheek that never fails to flip Dahyun’s insides as she only wishes this perfect moment to last longer.

 

Unfortunately every perfect moment has its end.

 

Tomorrow.

 

That reminder saddens her. 

 

Just imagining leaving Sana has left her heart shattered for days. She hid all the sadness building inside by putting more effort into keeping her smile wider and brighter so no one would at least worry; especially her Sana.

 

Long distance relationship is never a good sign. 

 

It was an advice given by her friend, Chaeyoung. 

 

Son Chaeyoung had recently video chatted her revealing some news regarding her girlfriend, Chou Tzuyu. Judging by the worried look she’s gaining from the shorter she senses something wasn’t right. Countless of sighs were heard in the audio and eventually, she finally had the confidence to announce her worries to the older. She was told how Tzuyu was immediately sent off to a company to work after stepping foot in her home country. 

 

Ever since then their relationship had improved less which means lesser phone calls and lesser face timing. The less interaction, the more they argue due to stress and worry.

 

"It’s difficult. I’m getting tired. We might as well break up soon because we’re hurting."

 

As the oldest of the two, she admits she never experience this type of circumstances and it frightens her how the pair’s situation might someday happen to her and Sana.

 

The minute she flutters her eyes open her sight roamed to the plain ceiling and instantly landing on the piled garments situate beside her. Before she could speak her thoughts, Sana had already pushed her into the bathroom. 

 

“Don’t make me wait, Kim Dahyun!” she yelled. Dahyun was beyond puzzled but decided to follow what she’s told in case she gets yelled at again.

 

In the crowded streets of Tokyo, the couple strolled around the local mall finding someplace that might catch Sana’s taste (well, it was sort of Sana’s idea and not Dahyun’s). 

 

They wander in every part of the city searching for available perfume outlets that instantly grabs the girl’s attention. Out of all the millions of perfume she kept inside her closet it’s obvious she's a perfume addict. 

 

As the girl’s follower (or, more like a bodyguard), she accompanies her girlfriend without losing patience. She let the older drag her to any place starting from the mall’s main entrance up to the back, not even exhaustion made her give up. 

 

To Dahyun, she doesn’t mind being drag anywhere and everywhere. Paradise or hell as long as she stays close to Sana—even till her last breath—it’s all worth it.

 

Holding two bottles of perfume—a Beyonce and a Rihanna brand—Sana sprayed one bottle into the air resulting a teary-eyed Dahyun trying to hide her cough behind the excited brunette. “Smells good.” the girl inhaled, spraying another branded bottle effortlessly. 

 

As fragrance mixed in the air, the smell didn’t help the latter from coughing audibly—eyeballs quite red and mostly watery. Honestly, it smelled good at first but her nose couldn’t handle the stinging mixture entering her nostrils. Despite her state, she kind of enjoys watching Sana just being Sana. Everything she does definitely make her day. 

 

“You’re ridiculous.” Dahyun mumbles, giggling at the sight of Sana sneezing up front. 

 

It’s kind of a habit of hers staring at Sana’s attractive profile whilst the brunette busies herself looking at each branded perfume displayed in the store. It’s funny how back then she often thought she’ll end up alone but guess who’s now dating a goddess.

 

While Sana stays occupied, Dahyun notices a group of guys checking Sana out. She would sometimes glare at them, eyes shooting laser as they try to attempt to go closer. They have no other choice instead of feeling frustrated over the intimidating girl guarding their prey protectively as they try to gawk and drool like a bunch of erts. 

 

Of course, Dahyun despises those readable expressions of those pathetic men and to keep matters safe, she snaps her fingers to get their attention and kisses the oblivious Sana right there and there on the lips. 

 

Right at the corner of her eyes she sees them taken aback, looking obviously defeated, leaving the store one by one with pouty faces and broken hearts. The crowded building soon becomes a lesser place to be in and a victorious smirk escapes and was shown visibly which caught Sana instantly and brushed that annoying smug off with another kiss on the lips.

 

“Feeling better?” Sana asked. Dahyun stood upright, blushing and scratching her nape sheepishly. Sana genuinely found it amusing how bold the younger had become—thanks to her—and how Dahyun goes back to being timid right after she acts boldly. 

 

Public affection isn’t really Dahyun’s interest but it’s not too bad to give it a go, right?

 

After their perfume hunt was over, the pair carried two baskets of goods filled with food and beverage that were bought from a nearby grocery store on their way. It was requested by Mina before they left home.

 

“Dahyun my arm is going numb!” 

 

Throughout their shopping spree, half of it is just Dahyun being too clingy. Her hand would always interlock with hers. She would constantly cling to her arms putting all her weight to the older and kept their shoulder glued together while she engages a very long conversation. 

 

The brunette had no option but to listen to the girl’s lame puns. It felt like she’s babysitting a kid rather than dating her girlfriend. On the bright side, she finds it extremely adorable. It’s enough to give her a heart attack every time Dahyun tries to act cute.

 

“Chocolates!” Dahyun screams, orbs twinkling like stars. Sana face-palms at the sight of the childish younger running around the shop arms open wide as if she entered a paradise. “Buy me this! No. Uh... Buy me that!” Dahyun points indecisively. She cutely blinks repeatedly and Sana straightforwardly snatches away a whole box of chocolate and march towards the counter. 

 

Who wouldn't say no to Dahyun anyway? Only a jerk can, right?

 

Sana checked her wristwatch and her eyeballs widen like it’s about to pop out of its sockets. Dahyun was confused and wonders what was going on. Out of nowhere she yelps as she felt the brunette tighten the grip in her hand, instinctively dragging her off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter