Day 3: "Date"

My Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

****

 

As midnight enters Dahyun lies awake in the cool darkness, figuring out her feelings towards Minatozaki Sana. Tossing her body back and forth, she manages to find the right spot to lay on hoping it will last until morning. 

 

Loud snores coming from next door—which she concluded Momo as the culprit—disrupted her thoughts about Sana. It eventually died right after she grabbed a pillow and squeeze it against each side of her ears. 

 

Just as her eyelids get heavier, she felt vibration underneath her pillow. Dahyun couldn't be bothered to get it but as soon as the phone continuously vibrates, she gave up, and take the device, lowering the brightness while she adjusted her eyesight. 

 

The number was named unknown so she began overthinking whether a prank is being played or not. However, the minute she places her thumb on the mute button, it vibrated again, this time she saw the message. 

 

From: Unknown

12:16 - hey dahyun! just asking if you’ll visit the shop tomorrow since i’m free.

12:17 - if you’re eager to spend time with me then we can go out. maybe... tomorrow…? 

12:17 - you might be sleeping now so i apologise.

12:18 - anyways I forgot to say this, it’s Sana by the way and i’m sorry to bother your sleep. goodnight though!

 

It took a millisecond for Dahyun to go back to earth and suddenly panic, unable to compose herself from the sudden request of her new found friend. She thought of good things to appropriately reply, but to no luck, she sighed. She figures maybe it was because she was relying too much on thinking instead of what she feels inside. 

 

After taking some time off, her thoughts were now cleared and she starts typing out random words without looking back at the reply she’s about to send.

 

To: Minatozaki Sana 

12:23 - Hey, I’m free too. I would very love to go out with you Sana. I’ll visit you tomorrow morning okay? :) 

12: 23 - P.S. I’m awake so no need to apologise.

 

From: Minatozaki Sana

12:24 - alright that's settled! I do have a place in mind we should visit probably and I know you'll like it.

 

To: Minatozaki Sana

12:25 - That’s good to hear. I’ll be looking forward to it ^^

 

From: Minatozaki Sana

12:25 - hmm... I think you like me.

 

Uncontrollably, Dahyun blushes. Heart thumping at a fast rate as she subconsciously drops her phone onto her face. Her tears making its way out due to the impact.

 

“Ow… My nose.” rubbing her nose slow pace, her phone lit up again.

 

From: Minatozaki Sana

12:26 - right now. is your heart beating fast? or is your cute face red because I said you like me? either way, those two options should be true, right?

12:26 - hehe jk :p 

12:27 - cute girls should sleep early so goodnight!

 

To: Minatozaki Sana

12:28 - Okay, okay. Goodnight, pretty face~ (^_^)/)

 

From: Minatozaki Sana

12:28 - I like how you’re learning from me. now sleep tight before I break into your house and knock you out to sleep.

 

To: Minatozaki Sana

12:28 - Aye, Ma'am!

 

She didn’t get why right after she replied Sana she doze off instantly. In spite of that, she admits she had a good night rest even if Momo jumped all her weight onto her so early in the morning.

 

“Wake up! Mina has her period, I don’t want to bother my baby or she’ll whip me in the .”

 

Momo ended up sleeping in her bed and Dahyun watches the view outside holding her polaroid camera.

 

[9:15 — Monday Morning] Day 3: “Date” - Not me, but Sana asked me out. I should have asked first -___- 

 

Despite the morning rainfall, Dahyun visited the shop in an orange sweater, jeans, including her black backpack along with Mina’s borrowed snowy umbrella.

 

“Sana?” she enters, leaving the umbrella drench on the floor. 

 

The back door unexpectedly was rushed open causing the tofu to fall back on the floor, rubbing her at the sudden impact. 

 

Sana didn’t even think twice but to drop all the boxes she was carrying and run towards instead to the whining Dahyun’s side, conc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter