Day 11: Sick

My Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

****

 

Heavy gasps heaving out its parted lips, she ran in a speed of light, ongoing steps punching the ground as she nears towards her suppose destination. Stamina draining out of her body as it slowly robbing the oxygen she needed while she struggles to obtain some. Her anxiousness grew each pace, frowning at the number of people blocking her way; stumbling as one stone rolls underneath her sneaker causing her to slip and unintentionally push a middle-aged woman carrying a bag of groceries which ends her situation in a catastrophe. 

 

In order to repay what she’d done, she used her precious time accompanying the woman in the convenience store, paying the goods she accidentally broke for free. Fortunately for her, after explaining her position, the woman was understanding enough to forgive her sincere apologies; patting her on the head as a sign of gratitude.

 

She realised the woman was mute.

 

Thankfully she arrived shortly. She was panting, sweating and completely worn out. Her legs weakening as she repeatedly knocks on the door, not listening to the sounds of hurried footsteps reaching for the front door knob. She must’ve spaced out quite a bit because as she internally plots a way to barge inside of her girlfriend's house, Sana stood there before her, tilting her head while waiting for Dahyun to come back to earth.

 

“Da—” before Sana blurts her name out, Dahyun automatically placed her backhand on top of the latter’s forehead, hissing when the burning sensation imprinted her sensitive pale skin. 

 

“ you’re hot.” 

 

Without being asked to come in, Dahyun let herself invade the place and pulled Sana’s wrist towards her girlfriend’s room by instinct. Sana let herself be pulled by Dahyun, admiring the back view of Dahyun’s long sleeve shirt showing her body curves. 

 

Not even focusing the mess scattered in her girlfriend’s room, Dahyun easily carried Sana in bridal style, gently positioning her in bed and tucking the blanket up to the sick girl’s chin.

 

“Should I cook something?” Sana shook in response. Dahyun let out a sigh, crouching down to take a good look at Sana’s pretty scarlet and bloated face.

 

“Mom cooked porridge.” the eyes of the darker softens. Her raspy voice was cute enough to make her heart thump fast.

 

“Want me to get you some.” she nodded this time.

 

Before she heads down and takes some porridge that Mrs Minatozaki prepared for Sana, she gave her lover a quick kiss on the tip of her nose.

 

“Be back in a minute.”

 

Sana’s house was neither big or small, it was the right size to call it home so it wasn’t difficult for Dahyun to find the kitchen right away.

 

Dahyun kind of take her time inspecting the frames displayed in the hallways. She fell in love deeper discovering a bunch of childhood pictures of Sana riding bicycle, eating green tea ice cream and her old graduation photos. 

 

Sana did not change at all.

 

Scooping the last porridge into the bowl, she halted her actions when she sense someone's presence walked passed behind her. It sends her shivers all over; goosebumps appearing on every part of the body.

 

“What’s a stranger doing here on my property?” strict feminine voice fills the empty kitchen as Dahyun slowly turns around, revealing herself to the person with a hint of fear.

 

Dahyun doesn’t want to appear rude in front of her girlfriend’s mother so she instantly bowed at a 90-degree angle. 

 

Speaking shakily, “I heard Sana was sick so I came to rush here and take care of her as her g—” she coughs. “—friend.” still bowing and voice shaky. “My name is Kim Dahyun.” saying her full name politely, she carefully lifts her head up and discovers Sana’s mum smiling at her.

 

“Ah, you must be the girl Sana’s been talking about,” she said as if she finally figure an equation she struggles to answer. “Nice meeting you, Dahyun. Please take care of my daughter. I’ll see you later since I’ll be in a rush. Feel free to make yourself feel at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter