Day 1: Arrival

My Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

****

 

Taking photographs has been a great hobby for Kim Dahyun. Ever since childhood, the moment her eyes lays upon her uncle’s device, she immediately fell in love. 

 

After his tragic demise, her uncle wrote a will to give her his owned camera, and that day on forth she took care of his uncle’s gift as if her life depended on it. 

 

The device became her third eye, helping her recall the memories she once cherished. 

 

Every shot she took received countless of praises from citizens all over the city and soon she decided to form her own exhibition to let people know how beautiful the world can be without focusing more into the negative. 

 

Her audience expanded while time passes by and so the time came where she used her business expertise building a compact coffee shop directly next to her exhibition right at the centre of Seoul.

 

Each wonderful pictures attach on its walls shows little-handwritten information under the frame; most of it basing from her perspective which is liked by her audience. 

 

But.

 

There is one certain photograph left standing in the middle of Dahyun’s exhibition which remained a mystery to the public. Because of the mysterious photo, it became the topic of the gossips.

 

In that picture, it shows a lovely woman showing her side profile, smiling at the lone yellow tulip place atop of her upper lip. Her nose and her lip features along with the yellow tulip took most of its view out. Despite that, a bit of the background was shown along with the pink petals being blown away by the gust of wind. It wasn’t entirely clear due to its focus towards the woman and the flower. 

 

Her fans would continuously scratch their heads, asking never-ending inquiries to Dahyun. She had told them previously that even if they beg on their knees she’ll never spill the story behind it. 

 

It’s the last memory she eternally kept to herself. 

 

If she does share it to anyone it will be like she is moving on from the past, but that’s never true, she never did, that is why she wants the memory to remain in her heart for her and only hers till the day she dies.

 

The only answer they've ever gotten was comments like: ‘She’s my muse! A living goddess made by the gods!’ or, ‘Oh, she’s my beautiful angel. Isn’t she a charmer?’ With a wide grin plastered on her face. 

 

“I’m tired.” the door were slam shut as the girl's loud yawn invades the room. 

 

Dahyun grumbles silently, exhausted after her recent argument with her childhood friend, Son Chaeyoung. 

 

And it’s all because she unintentionally ate her friend’s food this afternoon.

 

Heaving a sigh through her parted dry lips, she slumps her body on the comfy couch while her delicate hand extended to reach for the air conditioner remote placed underneath the table. 

 

Her vision tiredly set on the scattered photos laying on the table. 

 

She smiles. 

 

A warm smile.

 

It's her memories. 

 

The precious memories she kept hidden throughout the years. Even Chaeyoung doesn’t know the full story.

 

If four years ago was yesterday she believes she’ll be happier again. 

 

Back then, those were the days she used to smile the brightest. It was those days where she actually beat the sun’s unbeatable sunlight. 

 

If only. 

 

If only she gets a chance to turn back time, she might as well travel back to meet her again. 

 

She wants those times to come back.

 

She needs her.

 

She missed her.

 

That first encounter—an encounter with the Japanese florist brunette who completely changed her life.

 

It was Sana. 

 

Minatozaki Sana. 

 

The girl who stole her heart. 

 

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter