✓ Chapter Nine.

Sinful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon’s POV

 

It’s been a while since Momo and I spoke to one another. I’ve been purposely distracting myself with work. I’m ignoring Momo … well trying to at least. It’s not easy … it’s not easy seeing her in father’s arms at night, seeing him whisper things in her ear to make her laugh, how father’s eyes sparkle when Momo holds his hand, but I know … all of it is an act for her. She doesn’t reciprocate what you feel for her father … I’m sorry, I’ve never seen you smile like this since mother. I have to agree with you there though father, she is too amazing to let go … I want to believe I left something in her heart.

Tonight, father and Momo are at an event. Father asked me to be present but I declined, I have enough of meeting people during the day. I don’t see the point of me going anyway. I plan to stay in my room, I just want to be alone.
 

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung sits at the piano, she is talented in playing the instrument. The way her fingers glide on the black and white keys is hypnotizing, especially to the girl who is watching by the open door. The short hair girl doesn't notice she’s being watched. Chaeyoung finishes her current piece and the room echoes with the sound of the last note. Mina stares as Chaeyoung’s fingers hover the keys. Then, her fingers move to the tune of Für Elise, Mina’s favorite. Mina closes her eyes and tries to feel the song. She almost curses herself to be taken away by the memories of Chaeyoung … memories of their time together.

 

Mina’s Flashback

2 years ago

Mina is in a rush, she was late. She wasn’t paying attention when she turned at a corner. She bumps into someone and all of her books fall from her hands.

“Oh … pardon pardon”, apologizing to whoever it was in French.

“ça va, ça va”, the person she bumped tries to help Mina out. “Forgive me for asking but are you Korean by any chance?”.

Mina looks up to the person, “Nae! Half Korean actually and half Japanese”.

The stranger smiles brightly at Mina, “Chaeyoung, Son Chaeyoung”, the stranger, Chaeyoung, held her hand out to Mina.
 

Mina shook her hands and smiled back, “Mina, Myoui Mina”.
 

From that moment on their friendship bloom into love.

Chaeyoung was very charming, ... still is. She won over Mina’s trust so easily, Mina was scared.
 

End of flashback

 

Chaeyoung is in her own world before she notices Mina’s reflection on the window, however, it doesn’t stop her from playing. Mina stay put until the end of the piece.
 

With the last note played, Chaeyoung stood, “let me guess”, she

turn and walks towards Mina, “Jeongyeon locks herself in her room”.

“She’s tired Chae … don’t mock her. She’s been working hard these past few days”, Mina isn’t wrong, Jeongyeon has been working hard … but not for their future. Mina smiles sadly thinking about Jeongyeon, how they don’t really feel engaged to each other, she plays absentmindedly with the ring on her finger.

A smug smile left Chaeyoung’s face, she drags Mina’s arm to the front door.
 

“Chaeyoung wh-”
 

“SHH”, Chaeyoung gives Mina her coat and wears hers, she grabs the umbrella and they left the mansion.
 

Chaeyoung leads them down to unfamiliar roads in Seoul. All the while, Chaeyoung’s hand doesn’t let go of Mina’s and the latter didn’t show any resistance. Mina realizes she is no longer Chaeyoung’s to hold. She pulls away from her and looks away. Chaeyoung can sigh.
 

“Let’s sit here”, Chaeyoung pointed a small street vendor seating.
 

They are surrounded by street vendors, different kinds of delicious smelling food. They ordered food and sat down.
 

“So, they force you to leave Paris to come here?”, Chaeyoung glancing at Mina.
 

Mina did see it coming … sooner or later. “I wasn’t forced to”.
 

“Ouch Mina … you could at least entertain my way of coping you leaving”.
 

Mina is kind of tired of Chaeyoung trying to relive what they use to have, “Please Chae … please find your own happines-”

“I came home to an empty apartment, to a ing note saying I’m sorry, you just got up and left”.

“I debated with myself for a long time about the decision Chaey-”

The food arrives, but Chaeyoung doesn’t feel like eating anymore, she keeps staring at Mina explaining herself, “You never loved me from the start”.

“-Chaeyoung … please don’t start”, Mina rubs her temple for the incoming headache.

“You’ve decided already to leave me because YOU thought about it”.

“No, please list-”
 

“NO YOU LISTEN TO ME!”, Chaeyoung is yelling at this point, she’s tired of being push around by Mina, Mina looks shocked from Chaeyoung loud voice, “You don’t think I notice?! How you never were the one to initiate anything in our relationship! I thought you were a shy person at first … but we were together for 2 years … 2 years! And never did once did I feel like you put any effort into our relationship. I guess seeing you with … her opened my eyes to us”, Chaeyoung balls up her hands to the point where she felt her nails are hurting her palms, “you were never like that when you were with me … I was too blind by my love for you”

Mina just listened to Chaeyoung at this point, avoiding looking at her. Mina knows Chaeyoung is right … she took advantage of Chaeyoung’s love for her because no one has ever paid attention to her as much as Chaeyoung did, especially not her parents. Plus she thinks her being in a foreign place, away from her usual friends and family amplified the feeling of being alone.

“You know Mina”, Mina finally looks up to Chaeyoung, “just because you and Jeongyeon are bound by that ring, you hold so dearly to, doesn’t mean she won’t hurt you in the end”
 

Mina bit her lower lip, trying hard not to cry, she knows Chaeyoung’s words is true but Jeongyeon wouldn’t … or will she? Chaeyoung slam money on the table and rush outside.
 

Chaeyoung ran to no destination, she just needed to get out. Run away as fast as she could from reality that punched her in the guts until she feels like she’s bleeding inside. She’s not sure if it’s the rain or her tears streaming down her face. Her mind goes blank, she feels like her legs are burning. She crosses the road absentmindedly until she heard a loud horn, she looks to the source, waiting for the impact … but it never came. Chaeyoung wondered why the universe won’t let things go her way just for one time. Through her peripherals she sees a light pulling her at the end of the crossing, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter